Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    ....And! Check the Chicago Tribune. Recently the story came out that Verizon is doubling its ETFs for smart phones to subsidize for the lack of money made on those phones when new customers sign up (IEget a retail $600 phone for $50-$100).

Make sure to look before you leap!
    im not sure but i think you are wrong about this. Verizon Raised its ETF So people wouldnt BOGO and cancel that line and sell the 2nd phone. check the FCC Is not real happy with verizon.and on a side note, how much money do you think Sprint or any other Wireless provider makes of these charges? You keep saying its only .15 x how many people???
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    and on a side note, how much money do you think Sprint or any other Wireless provider makes of these charges? You keep saying its only .15 x how many people???
    It's several millions of dollars in free additional revenue for Sprint. By "free," I mean at the customer's expense with no additional benefit for them, of course.
    I have read people wanting to save $$ or not spend .15 more per month. You want to save $$ try this: Sprint | Employer Discounts: Submit Email I personally qualified for a 25% discount on my bill.

I know this mostly has nothing to do with what is being said here, but why not hijack the thread to offer a good deal?

I like Sprint and I love what I get for my $$
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by liv4rc51 View Post
    I have read people wanting to save $$ or not spend .15 more per month. You want to save $$ try this: Sprint | Employer Discounts: Submit Email I personally qualified for a 25% discount on my bill.

I know this mostly has nothing to do with what is being said here, but why not hijack the thread to offer a good deal?

Sprint is very cheap, but that said, cheap isn't worth it if you have no coverage. In my office, I get 5 bars from VZ and just enough sprint signal to keep bouncing in and out of roaming mode which kills my battery. VZ really does have the best coverage, and for some people that's worth it to them to pay more.
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomepatrol View Post
    It's several millions of dollars in free additional revenue for Sprint. By "free," I mean at the customer's expense with no additional benefit for them, of course.
    Yes Sir And Thats My Point....
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liv4rc51 View Post

+1

I get 27% discount so I have all of my families phones (7 of them) on my plan so we all reap the benefits.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Im not gonna whine over 15 cent but I fell the this Kantian view of moral high ground doesnt make alot of since.
    i love sprint. would never switch carriers. AT&T is the only reason i don't have an iphone i hate them. had AT&T for a month n was all too eager to GTFO. my sister has VZW n has a problem every other week it seems. NO THANK YOU. i've never had a prob w sprint (customer service, coverage, billing, NOTHNG!) i'm not going anywhere
    All I would want to do is switch from a 2 year contract (I currently have 1 and a half years left on my renewed contract) to a month-by-month plan. I'm assuming this would be possible with this increase?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Depending on T-Mobile coverage at my house and what they have to offer by January, I may want to make the change. If nothing else, maybe I can talk them (Sprint) into giving me a femtocell
    Quote Originally Posted by melloncollie128 View Post
    All I would want to do is switch from a 2 year contract (I currently have 1 and a half years left on my renewed contract) to a month-by-month plan. I'm assuming this would be possible with this increase?
    I doubt it , not for the same price. Employee discount gone as well I would guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by postalUT View Post
    Sure, I would love to switch to AT&T or Verizon and pay an extra $110 a month for all the services I get on Sprint included in my plan. That would be super!

Don't give me the Verizon has better coverage argument either, it's played out.
    i'm with this guy. sprint's got great rates, fast data, coverage everywhere i have gone since being with them (going on 9 years if you count Nextel -i know, i don't either, more like 4.5 years ). i can't think of any reason that someone would want to leave sprint unless they happen to live somewhere with no coverage (i doubt there are too many), or just wanted upgrade eligibility.

i'm certain it will be suggested that i was paid for this endorsement, and i wish it were true...
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Wow with all my Pre issues I may take this time to revisit my 12 years of loyalty...
    Global Posts
    288 Global Posts
    This is all over the Sprint users forum also. Crazy so many people would term just because they can term without ever thinking that you would be better off paying the $4.80 per year per line increase.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrph View Post
    This is all over the Sprint users forum also. Crazy so many people would term just because they can term without ever thinking that you would be better off paying the $4.80 per year per line increase.
    I want to terminate to get a new phone.

HTC is rumored to be releasing a Snapdragon and Android 3.7" phone next january. I can get that and use it alongside my Pre. Why not?
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    I want to terminate to get a new phone.

HTC is rumored to be releasing a Snapdragon and Android 3.7" phone next january. I can get that and use it alongside my Pre. Why not?
    This is a good point. The Pre has been out for about 6 months. A lot of things have changed during that time. It used to be that only the iphone was comparable, but the android folks have come a very long way, and some of the new android hardware is quite fast.

Still, I like my Pre a lot, but fundamentally I like the freedom to choose. Getting rid of an ETF penalty means freedom, and that's a good thing for me.

Sprint will allow you to activate month to month if you bring your own handset. Terminating the contract, and then getting a new line with the old Pre would let me do that, and Sprint knows that too, which is why I suspect they'll convert people to month to month if they know they are really terminating.

Freedom is a good thing.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by postalUT View Post
    Sure, I would love to switch to AT&T or Verizon and pay an extra $110 a month for all the services I get on Sprint included in my plan. That would be super!

Don't give me the Verizon has better coverage argument either, it's played out.
    Amen, Brother.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    I LOVE Sprint. I think they have been great to me over the past years. I dont plan on leaving anytime soon either. I think im getting what im paying for.

BUT, if there is ever a reason I wish to cancel, I would love to not have to pay an ETF. That's for sure. I think we should be making a movement to cancel ETFs but then again what good is a contract if there isn't a consequence for breaking it ?

Maybe instead of the ETF you get charged they will charge the difference in discount vs. regular price for the phone you bought. But then again, that could be more than an ETF ! Eh who knows... just thought I'd throw my .02 in.
    If my post helped you, Please Thanks Me !
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
    In summary, people should just buy the full retail price of the phone they want so they won't get charged with ETF.
    sorry if I missed it, what would the Droid cost a month to run? Sprint has the 69.00 a month charge and thats pretty cheap for a smart phone. Wonder what Verizon would charge to run a Droid?