Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223 LastLast
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Yes. It was easy. Once they knew you were going to cancel and port, offer to stay if they will simply mark your contract as fulfilled.

I checked about 15 mins later via the online portal and it was already marked as fulfilled.
    Well I don't wanna get anybodys hopes up, but I tried this very same thing and the guy just shrugged it off saying that they can't do that; something about not even having a month-to-month billing option. He didn't hesitate to actually cancel the contract, though.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with the cancellation dept. and they rep said they can not do month to month. I told him other had received it by making there contract completed, but he wouldn't budge he did offer me the $20/24 months to renew 1 of my 3 lines very tempting because i just renewed a line 2 months ago so it will only add 2 months. Right when he answered he was like what can we do to keep you, I've had sprint for 8 years. Ill call back and see if I can get someone to go month to month. This time im calling The Sprint Consumerist Hotline they are the ones who got my free airave for me and my monthly fee waived. I'll keep you guys posted.
    Last edited by azack; 01/29/2010 at 11:19 AM.
  3.    #403  
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Well I don't wanna get anybodys hopes up, but I tried this very same thing and the guy just shrugged it off saying that they can't do that; something about not even having a month-to-month billing option. He didn't hesitate to actually cancel the contract, though.
    That is BS. The contract goes to month to month once it's fulfilled. Try again.

BTW, the person I talked to spoke clear english and was not outsourced. Try calling during prime time and hopefully you'll get someone in the US.
    I second that. Just keep calling back until you get someone that's in a better mood and be savvy. You'll eventually get what you want as long as you're clear on what it is you're arguing for. Thanks for the heads up tho.
    Do you have to send back the phones? I paid 350 bucks with a 2 year contract for my pre.
  6.    #406  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eatsleepdrivesc View Post
    Do you have to send back the phones? I paid 350 bucks with a 2 year contract for my pre.
    Nope. It's yours to sell..
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I was told that I have until March 15 to cancel without an ETF. Did anybody else get a date? I think this would be around 60 days after receiving my bill.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    i was told i have till the 22nd so....... not sure
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azack View Post
    i was told i have till the 22nd so....... not sure
    February or March? I remember 30 days from somewhere and was surprised when the Sprint rep said March.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    February is what im thinking.
    Be careful about these dates they are giving you. The Sprint Terms & Conditions only state that the contract can be canceled within 30 days of the effective date of the change. Since the new surcharge took effect on January 1st, that would effectively make today the last day that they have to honor those terms.

Of course, some of them might be nice and honor it later than that, but if it were me, I wouldn't count on that being the case. If you want to cancel or try going month-to-month, I'd push to try and make that happen by the end of today, just to be safe.
    so.............
    i spoke to some one (sprint rep) and we were going around in circle over and over again. she explain the to me that she was unable to terminate my contract b/c i just made the purchase of the phone (when i have explain to her over and over again that i exchange it at best buy because of not hold charge). she told me that they would have to update her notes on the computer and she will give me a call tomorrow to let me know that my information was update and that after the update i would be able to cancel my contract without any feed. the 30days of canceling would be from my billing cycle...
    now i am going to call again and hope to speak to some one other than her to see if i get the same answer.
    so the first person told me i had until feb 19 (from jan 19)
    i spoke to the Spanish people and they had another story lol
    they told me i had 30 days from dec 23 til jan 30

so here i am calling for the 3rd time to see what the 3rd person will say
    i guess 3 strikes and you are out.........
    i was able to terminate my contract .now i can start my savings plan for my new born....
    just got off the phone with sprint and am very happy, at first he said he would have to check if i was even eligible for the discount which got me a little worried. After about 2 minutes he came back and said i was able to have the discount applied and he verified that my contract is extended but my upgrade eligibility stayed the same. my strategy was going in knowing what i was talking about with the toc changing and the discount and i think that helped me out in the long run, then they couldnt play the i dont know what you are talking about game.
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    I saw the change on my last bill, however I have not received the bill with the additional charge. Do I still have time to cancel?

Do I need to port my number first or do I cancel then port it how does this work?

Thanks!!!!
    I cancelled my contract tonight (2/1) after porting my number to Verizon yesterday. The rep looked up the ETF and said she'd credit that amount.

I suspect when they saw that I had already ported away, there was no need to try to offer any incentive.

I am not a lawyer, but regardless of what you read here, I think the "notification" is the verbiage in your January (for December usage) bill. My bill was through 1/8, so I assumed I'd have until 2/7 or thereabouts.

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    I still haven't a 100% clear answer, but if you don't sell them it sounds like you can use them like an iPod Touch. It sounds like you can do most of the non-phone stuff without a Sprint contract, even get OS updates. However, it sounds like you might not be able to buy applications. Not quite sure though.
    Well here's a 99% clear answer . You can use the Pre as a wifi device. I've been doing this since October and have installed two OTA update so far. I've also bought and installed NFS. The Pre can do everything except make phone calls and use Sprint TV.

Oh noes, did you mess up your Pre to the point that you need WebOS Doctor? Meta Doctor can modify a WebOS Doctor to bypass the activation screen

Now for the 1% I'm not sure of. After bypassing activation, I don't know how to sign into a Palm profile. I haven't had to Doctor my phone yet, so I'm a bit unsure about this. I know that you can use Meta Doctor to enable wifi use during the First Use app so I'm assuming you can sign into your Palm Profile that way. I won't know for sure until I actually have to try it though.

Also, I believe you can send sms through Google Voice. If not, AIM works pretty well for sending and receiving text messages.

One last piece of info. Using Airplane Mode with wifi on means amazing battery life
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Well here's a 99% clear answer . You can use the Pre as a wifi device. I've been doing this since October and have installed two OTA update so far. I've also bought and installed NFS. The Pre can do everything except make phone calls and use Sprint TV.

Oh noes, did you mess up your Pre to the point that you need WebOS Doctor? Meta Doctor can modify a WebOS Doctor to bypass the activation screen

Now for the 1% I'm not sure of. After bypassing activation, I don't know how to sign into a Palm profile. I haven't had to Doctor my phone yet, so I'm a bit unsure about this. I know that you can use Meta Doctor to enable wifi use during the First Use app so I'm assuming you can sign into your Palm Profile that way. I won't know for sure until I actually have to try it though.

Also, I believe you can send sms through Google Voice. If not, AIM works pretty well for sending and receiving text messages.

One last piece of info. Using Airplane Mode with wifi on means amazing battery life
    Well, I moved my Palm profile from a Sprint Pre over to a Verizon Pixi Plus and I haven't been able to get the Pre past the "connect to network" screen. If I had to do this over again I would not have moved my profile -- and would have created a new profile instead. As it is, I cannot create a new profile without a Sprint connection. I have looked into the Meta Doctor stuff, but not sure that it is worth the hassle. You are going to have to mess with your phone anytime there is a WebOS update.

I'll probably be putting my Pre up on Craig's list now.

BTW, I just got off the phone with the Sprint rep and they did adjust ETA to $0.
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    Well, I moved my Palm profile from a Sprint Pre over to a Verizon Pixi Plus and I haven't been able to get the Pre past the "connect to network" screen. If I had to do this over again I would not have moved my profile -- and would have created a new profile instead. As it is, I cannot create a new profile without a Sprint connection. I have looked into the Meta Doctor stuff, but not sure that it is worth the hassle. You are going to have to mess with your phone anytime there is a WebOS update.

I'll probably be putting my Pre up on Craig's list now.

BTW, I just got off the phone with the Sprint rep and they did adjust ETA to $0.
    You can use Meta Doctor to modify a standard Sprint WebOS Doctor to either bypass activation or enable wifi during the First Use app(Palm Profile login). I'm assuming that you can sign into a profile over wifi. I haven't tried it yet since I've had no reason to use the Doctor. If you login to a profile, you will be able to purshase apps and download/install OTA updates for WebOS. Hopefully someone who has tried enabling wifi during First Use will chime in here and let us know what's possible and what isn't.