Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 444
  1. #341  
    In thinking further - I wonder if they saw the post!!!!!
  2. #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by edwjackson View Post

    Still think I was treated like S*** by Sprint. I've never had a manager of a company cuss and shout at me before like this guy did.


    am i missing something?

    where did you post before that anyone was cussing and shouting at you?
  3. #343  
    You folks have two options:

    If you are "rejecting the materially adverse change in contract" re: the $4.99 ASL fee or increase to $0.40 on the regulatory fee, you can either cancel effective at the end of the bill cycle or you can port out and request a credit for the ETF.

    There is no negotiating, credits to offset the fees, or going month-to-month. Reps have lost their jobs trying to offer credits/discounts to offset the charges, especially ASL customers. You may find one of these reps who wish to play with their jobs, but odds are you won't. As long as you go in with that expectation, you will be OK.

    Reps will not proactively encourage you to cancel, but they will have no issues letting you cancel if you specifically say so. I imagine some of you are beating around the bush or arguing over the fees instead of saying "I want to cancel due to this reason".
  4. #344  
    Quote Originally Posted by lost_cause View Post
    You folks have two options:

    If you are "rejecting the materially adverse change in contract" re: the $4.99 ASL fee or increase to $0.40 on the regulatory fee, you can either cancel effective at the end of the bill cycle or you can port out and request a credit for the ETF.

    There is no negotiating, credits to offset the fees, or going month-to-month. Reps have lost their jobs trying to offer credits/discounts to offset the charges, especially ASL customers. You may find one of these reps who wish to play with their jobs, but odds are you won't. As long as you go in with that expectation, you will be OK.

    Reps will not proactively encourage you to cancel, but they will have no issues letting you cancel if you specifically say so. I imagine some of you are beating around the bush or arguing over the fees instead of saying "I want to cancel due to this reason".
    where are you drawing this information from?

    because quite a few people on quite a few forums are claiming otherwise.
  5. #345  
    Quote Originally Posted by lost_cause View Post
    ...
    There is no negotiating, credits to offset the fees, or going month-to-month. Reps have lost their jobs trying to offer credits/discounts to offset the charges, especially ASL customers. You may find one of these reps who wish to play with their jobs, but odds are you won't. As long as you go in with that expectation, you will be OK.
    ...
    I actually have faith that the Sprint Account Services CSRs are much "more professional" than your everyday CSR at any company. I've also found across the board that customer service at Sprint has vastly improved. (I noticed this starting about a year ago.) lost_cause (and a few others here) seem to have a good understanding of customer service. I'm sure we have at least one or two regular readers/contributors on PreCentral who probably "man" the other side of the phones for our calls. Yes, you definitely need to say "magic words" like that cancellation is one of the options you are considering. Sometimes, we precentral users don't see the whole picture just by reading these threads. I've found that the CSRs have been willing to answer the "why" behind what they tell me, especially if they understand that I've tried to do my part in advance of the call. I don't mean this to sound like a "lecture" (as I'm just "another guy" the same as the rest of us), but I have learned a lot here and from the CSRs. Give it a shot, feel free to question what you are told, but do so respectfully and you'll likely get good results.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  6. #346  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    where are you drawing this information from?

    because quite a few people on quite a few forums are claiming otherwise.
    I could say Sprint gave me a free Samsung Moment and two months free service to not cancel, but how are you to know if I am telling the truth or not? Regardless of what others are attempting to do or claim they accomplished, the truth is out there, and half of these experiences are exaggerations or completely untrue.

    The problem is with certain tenured Sprint/Nextel customers are used to getting freebies from the company. All of a sudden Sprint decides to be in line with the other wireless providers and everyone cries foul. How many Verizon customers are out there who get phantom charges on their bill and get absolutely no help from them? The grass is not always greener on the other side.

    I am not a CSR nor do I ever want to be, but I always do my best to see things from both sides.
  7. #347  
    I can tell when things "ring true" here and when they don't. Most of the time they do "ring true", but the CSRs usually don't give everyone the best deals that you see posted here.

    Sometimes even the recipients of these "special deals" don't know why they are happening. It could be a disgruntled employee getting back at a manager, or it could be something as simple of some CSRs helping to get "churn" metrics down to some level before an upcoming quarterly report. Once again, these are just my educated guesses of what might be going on behind the scenes.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  8. #348  
    Quote Originally Posted by lost_cause View Post
    I could say Sprint gave me a free Samsung Moment and two months free service to not cancel, but how are you to know if I am telling the truth or not? Regardless of what others are attempting to do or claim they accomplished, the truth is out there, and half of these experiences are exaggerations or completely untrue.

    The problem is with certain tenured Sprint/Nextel customers are used to getting freebies from the company. All of a sudden Sprint decides to be in line with the other wireless providers and everyone cries foul. How many Verizon customers are out there who get phantom charges on their bill and get absolutely no help from them? The grass is not always greener on the other side.

    I am not a CSR nor do I ever want to be, but I always do my best to see things from both sides.
    so you just said all that based on pessimism and nothing more.

    gotcha.
  9. hal3146's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #349  
    I called and was offered the $20 off for 24 months which I gladly took. I asked for an email confirmation of the $20 credit and never received it. I did receive an email stating that there was a change to my account. Should I call an confirm the discount is there?

    Thanks
  10. #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by hal3146 View Post
    ... Should I call an confirm the discount is there
    The credit will appear on your next bill. Look up the monthly date of your past bills and set a reminder in your calendar to verify that your bill is correct on the day it was delivered. (If not, then you should call account services back at that time.)

    I know this might not be the most convenient, but Sprint might easily mess up the bill (even despite any promises made) so it's always easiest* (for both you and Sprint) to catch mistakes ASAP.

    *I have two months of texting overages that I didn't notice because they added the texting package for a new phone for my daughter to the wrong phone. I could have caught this and avoided work on both sides had I entered a reminder to carefully check the first bill after purchase of that new phone.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  11. #351  
    Quote Originally Posted by lost_cause View Post
    I could say Sprint gave me a free Samsung Moment and two months free service to not cancel, but how are you to know if I am telling the truth or not? Regardless of what others are attempting to do or claim they accomplished, the truth is out there, and half of these experiences are exaggerations or completely untrue.

    The problem is with certain tenured Sprint/Nextel customers are used to getting freebies from the company. All of a sudden Sprint decides to be in line with the other wireless providers and everyone cries foul. How many Verizon customers are out there who get phantom charges on their bill and get absolutely no help from them? The grass is not always greener on the other side.

    I am not a CSR nor do I ever want to be, but I always do my best to see things from both sides.
    So you're saying that a large number of us who have been able to do things like go month-to-month or get extra credits on their monthly bill are flat out lying?

    To people reading this thread, don't listen to this guy, he doesn't know what he's talking about. Yes, you can get month-to-month if you are persistent (I did, and that's not a lie), and the $20/24 or $10/12 deal is another option that has been well documented by this point.
  12.    #352  
    Quote Originally Posted by edwjackson View Post
    I just got off the phone with SPRINT. I have been told that people that have been given discounts and have had the the contract marked as FULFILLED are "LYING". This from a SPRINT MANAGER. Well people.... were you "LYING".

    I have been given the choice of accepting the change and agreeing to new T&Cs that will allow them to change rates when ever they want or ending my contract - Ohhhh and if I select to Port...I will be billed for the ETF - I have to call them and "ASK" them to waive the EFT. It is not automatic.

    DOES SPRINT WANT TO LOSE CUSTOMERS??????

    All I asked them to do is acknowledge they violated the T&Cs by marking my account as FULLFILLED. With that I would accept the new rates.....I did not ask for or was offered any discounts. I was nice during the conversation - no yelling no screaming.

    By the way - this was the 5th call today - I was given 3 different dates that I have to port my number to...Jan 31, Mar 15 and Feb 27....I was hung up on once, I was put on hold for over 30 minutes, and I was transferred to a voice mail of a manager that never called me back.

    Why did I ever leave Verison - because of poor Customer Service - WHAT DID I GET INTO - WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE....

    I have until Feb 27 to make the decision to port my number and take the hit of $300 for the PRE and another $150 in accessories and $50 in APPS....

    Am I mad, Am I angry, Will I ever say anything nice about SPRINT - I'll let you Guess.....

    Sprint Reps - Be careful what you say to customers - it may come back to Bite you.

    a VERY dissatisfied Sprint customer - Go Phone - Here I come
    Don't be dissatisfied, follow the link I posted earlier to the FCC online complaint form that specifically addresses ETF issues. The FCC takes this sort of nonsense quite seriously. Once it's recieved they will call the carrier about it and usually this results in prompt action.
  13.    #353  
    Quote Originally Posted by edwjackson View Post
    Well - I just got a call back from another manager - yes! they called me! ...very sorry for the way I was treated.... I informed them of my post to the members of this forum and they were concerned that I posted it !!! Also that I filed a complaint with the FCC.
    I have been given yet another final date to port, Jan 27th, and was assured (verbally only) that I would not have to pay an ETF. I wonder what is my actual last date to port before I'm charged. I was also offered $10.00 a month off my bill for 12 months if I stayed (owwwww am I lying?)
    I really do not know what to believe. Have to talk to the S.O. and see what she thinks.

    Still think I was treated like S*** by Sprint. I've never had a manager of a company cuss and shout at me before like this guy did.

    Really thinking about Ebay for the Pre and a Go Phone...

    Thanks for your concern
    If you file a complaint with the FCC, the carrier usually gets notified quickly. And they usually act with amazing speed. Anyone here having the slightest issue in getting the contract change issue should absolutely file an FCC complaint. I think you'll be surprised by how fast things move.
  14. etnpnys's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    #354  
    Well, I just called and the guy basically didn't even ask questions. I told him that I was calling about the $5 new charge (not even stating that I want anything). He asked me to hold, citing that he is going to look into his "current resources." He came back and apologized, now stating that it was a miscommunication and that he is going to "personally monitor" my account and make sure that the $5 doesn't ever show up on my bill.

    Regarding the ASL, he assured me that ASL is not because I have bad credit (I think a 753 FICO qualifies for "not bad", right?) - he said that it's a failsafe in place for customers who sign up for automatic bill-pay so that they don't get charged too much automatically.

    So even though I don't actually think that he was telling the truth on either of his points, I'll be happy to stay with Sprint as if this whole thing didn't happen. I'm sure that Sprint is now realizing that this is the path of least resistance here.
  15.    #355  
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Well, I just called and the guy basically didn't even ask questions. I told him that I was calling about the $5 new charge (not even stating that I want anything). He asked me to hold, citing that he is going to look into his "current resources." He came back and apologized, now stating that it was a miscommunication and that he is going to "personally monitor" my account and make sure that the $5 doesn't ever show up on my bill.

    Regarding the ASL, he assured me that ASL is not because I have bad credit (I think a 753 FICO qualifies for "not bad", right?) - he said that it's a failsafe in place for customers who sign up for automatic bill-pay so that they don't get charged too much automatically.

    So even though I don't actually think that he was telling the truth on either of his points, I'll be happy to stay with Sprint as if this whole thing didn't happen. I'm sure that Sprint is now realizing that this is the path of least resistance here.
    If you are staying with sprint, did you get the $20 off for 24 months for staying under contract?
  16. etnpnys's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    #356  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    If you are staying with sprint, did you get the $20 off for 24 months for staying under contract?
    Nope. It was never mentioned. And quite honestly, I'm really fine if this $4.99 thing never happened. Sure, it would be nice to save a little money, but I signed up for these rates for 2 years and I don't think it's right for Sprint to be raising them on a whim - so if they stay the same I didn't lose anything, right?

    If the guy would have put up a battle, I would have requested that they do something further. But he didn't, so I didn't. Additionally, if I find out that I still get charged that $4.99 after our conversation today, I will call and request further things.

    But Sprint has been great to me this far, and I don't mind honoring their commitment to me - as long as that commitment doesn't change. They came down a great deal when I bought the phones, they have replaced my phone twice with no questions asked, and they have supplied me with a free Airave just for asking for it.
  17. jacarmn's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #357  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Don't be dissatisfied, follow the link I posted earlier to the FCC online complaint form that specifically addresses ETF issues. The FCC takes this sort of nonsense quite seriously. Once it's recieved they will call the carrier about it and usually this results in prompt action.
    What is the FCC online complaint form link?

    I want to post a complaint.

    Thanks.
  18.    #358  
    Quote Originally Posted by jacarmn View Post
    What is the FCC online complaint form link?

    I want to post a complaint.

    Thanks.
    Here: FCC Consumer Complaints
  19. #359  
    **Monthly charges exclude taxes, Sprint Surcharges [incl. USF charge of up to 9.5% (varies quarterly), Administrative Charge (up to $1.99/line/mo.), Regulatory Charge ($0.20/line/mo.) & state/local fees by area]. Sprint Surcharges are not taxes or gov't-required charges and are subject to change. Details: Sprint.com/taxesandfees.
    just sayin.
  20. miata's Avatar
    Posts
    509 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #360  
    I just received the bill with the contract change. Unfortunately, my wife mailed the bill in with payment when it arrived. Does that mean that I cannot opt out of the contact?
    Last edited by miata; 01/16/2010 at 06:11 PM.

Posting Permissions