Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    u know, i have been lucky with Sprint. in ten years, i've only had 1 really bad cust service experience.
    but after reading these threads, i can understand why some people say Sprint sucks
    everyone that calls about cancelling a phone once the 'regulatory fee change' notice appears on their bill SHOULD GET THE SAME response.
    i too have been fortunate in that i was able to cancel 3 of my 10 phones with no ETF and the rep even sent me an email confirming no ETF (told him i wanted it 'just in case')

the varying responses just make me shake my head
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    01/13/2010 07:14:03PM Agent (Ayotunde): "How are you?"
    01/13/2010 07:14:14PM Durocher: "Good - yourself?"
    01/13/2010 07:14:31PM Agent (Ayotunde): "I am fine, thank you."
    01/13/2010 07:14:37PM Agent (Ayotunde): "I will be more than happy to assist you."
    01/13/2010 07:15:06PM Durocher: "Yeah - I just can't find it online..."
    01/13/2010 07:15:12PM Agent (Ayotunde): "You want to review the contract that you signed with sprint?"
    01/13/2010 07:15:16PM Durocher: "yes"
    01/13/2010 07:15:52PM Durocher: "I got a notice in the mail today saying that my rates are going to go up and I would like to know what my options are..."
    01/13/2010 07:15:58PM Durocher: "cuz $********** is kind of significant"
    01/13/2010 07:17:51PM Agent (Ayotunde): "I do apologize, that information is not available on line, you can contact the store that you signed at and they may have the information on file. You can view the following site for the terms of the agreement."
    01/13/2010 07:17:53PM Agent (Ayotunde) sends page: "http://nextelonline.nextel.com/en/legal/legal_terms_privacy_popup.shtml?id9=vanity:termsandconditions"
    01/13/2010 07:18:32PM Durocher: "Yeah - it says the same thing that i thought it said."
    01/13/2010 07:18:47PM Durocher: "i just didn't want to think that i was viewing an outdated version"
    01/13/2010 07:19:20PM Durocher: "so - to get to the bottom of things, i honestly don't think that charging me an extra $********** a month is acceptable"
    01/13/2010 07:19:24PM Durocher: "are you able to help me with that?"
    01/13/2010 07:19:48PM Agent (Ayotunde): "One moment."
    01/13/2010 07:19:52PM Durocher: "thank you"
    01/13/2010 07:25:42PM Agent (Ayotunde): "You can avoid the fee by signing up for automatic payments. The fee is for spending limit accounts. The spending limit program provides you with additional benefits and support to help monitor your account and your bill. The following tools are available"
    &nbsp to help:manage your account of the web, text messages from sprint when your account approaches your preset spending limit, dial *********** to check minutes of *********** to check usage etc. After ********** months of service and responsible payment you may graduate from spending
    &nbsp limit to non spending limit.
    01/13/2010 07:26:26PM Agent (Ayotunde): "The fee pays for the tools that are apart of the spending limit program."
    01/13/2010 07:26:46PM Durocher: "ok - first of all, i was told when i came to sprint that the spending limit meant absolutely nothing; so i did not question it further. now i am being penalized for having a spending limit."
    01/13/2010 07:27:11PM Durocher: "secondly, there is absolutely no reason for me to be on a spending limit. my credit score is above ********** and my income is great"
    01/13/2010 07:27:39PM Durocher: "third, the contract states that "If a change we make to the Agreement is material and has a material adverse effect on Services under your Term Commitment, you may terminate each line of Service materially affected without incurring an Early Termination F"
    &nbsp ee"
    01/13/2010 07:28:19PM Durocher: "i would like to continue my service, but under the contract, i would like my contract ended; as sprint has changed my fees"
    01/13/2010 07:28:38PM Durocher: "i like the service, i love my phone, and sprint has been great up until this point"
    01/13/2010 07:28:44PM Agent (Ayotunde): "I do apologize, the decision to place you on the sprint spending limit program was made at the time you originally applied for service with sprint and was based, in whole or in part, on a review of your credit history as reported by various consumer repor"
    &nbsp ting agencies. At the time, sprint provided you with notice of your particular spending limit and details of the account spending limit program.
    01/13/2010 07:29:08PM Durocher: "...and i was assured that it meant nothing."
    01/13/2010 07:29:35PM Durocher: "still; based off of the agreement, i would like my contract ended"
    01/13/2010 07:30:18PM Durocher: "(but i do not want to cancel my service)"
    01/13/2010 07:31:31PM Agent (Ayotunde): "I do apologize for the confusion, as far as the contract ending, without paying the fee you may contact account services to discuss the fee issue."
    01/13/2010 07:31:47PM Agent (Ayotunde): "I do apologize, the $**********.********** fee can not be adjusted off your account."
    01/13/2010 07:32:14PM Durocher: "well it needs to be or my account needs to be cancelled."
    01/13/2010 07:32:34PM Durocher: "$********** is a BIG change; we're not talking about ********** cents"
    01/13/2010 07:33:38PM Agent (Ayotunde): "For account security and verification, may I please have the **********-********** digit PIN number on your account?"
    01/13/2010 07:33:49PM Durocher: "******"
    01/13/2010 07:33:53PM Agent (Ayotunde): "Thank you."
    01/13/2010 07:34:04PM Durocher: "you are welcome"
    01/13/2010 07:36:08PM Agent (Ayotunde): "I do apologize, the fee can not be taken off of the account, currently line ********** has a contract of **********/**********/**********-**********/**********/********** with a termination fee of $**********.**********, and line ********** has a contract of **********/**********/**********-**********/**********/********** with a termination fee of $**********.**********, you can con"
    &nbsp tact account services to discuss the fee and what you can do, but if you cancel your contract you will be billed for the fee not asked for payment up front.
    01/13/2010 07:36:40PM Durocher: "who do i contact to discuss this further?"
    01/13/2010 07:37:33PM Agent (Ayotunde): "You may contact account services and they will be able to assist you, but I am informing you that the $**********.********** fee will not be taken off by anyone from sprint, as this is currently a part of our policy."
    01/13/2010 07:37:52PM Durocher: "again, your policy states "If a change we make to the Agreement is material and has a material adverse effect on Services under your Term Commitment, you may terminate each line of Service materially affected without incurring an Early Termination Fee""
    01/13/2010 07:38:07PM Durocher: "what reason are you citing for not being able to adhere to the agreement?"
    01/13/2010 07:39:40PM Agent (Ayotunde): "I completely understand, through customer care we are unable to waive the early termination fee's. Account services would be the only department that has this capability. I assure you that once you contact Account services they will be able to assist you"
    &nbsp with resolving your issues.
    01/13/2010 07:40:00PM Durocher: "thank you - how can i contact them? do you have a number?"
    01/13/2010 07:40:16PM Agent (Ayotunde): "The number is **********-**********-**********."
    01/13/2010 07:40:26PM Durocher: "thank you!"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecoleye View Post
    I apologize if this has been discussed previously. I've skimmed the thread, but I don't have time to really dissect it:

Can anyone give me any insight on cancelling a 2nd line, but keeping my main line? I'm a long-time happy Sprint customer, and I loved the Pre enough to get a 2nd line so I could start a new contract for the Pre. Now I'd like to get out of the old contract. Do problems arise when I tell a CSR essentially that I am unhappy about the new charge, but only unhappy enough to cancel one of my two lines?
    I think you are fine but they probably won't want to both cancel one line and give you a $20/month credit for the other. I asked if I could get a $20/month credit for each line. The first CSR said no, but I forgot to re-ask the manager who I was escalated to.

Quote Originally Posted by wessock View Post
    So for people getting this $20/month off, do you already have any kind of credits or discounts applied? I'm curious to see if they'd be as willing for those of us who already get discounts each month.
    They'll generally keep the other discounts in place. When I asked about canceling and replacing my lines with a new EPRP plan in my wife's name, they said I'd loose the 10% credit union discount that I have.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by wessock View Post
    So for people getting this $20/month off, do you already have any kind of credits or discounts applied? I'm curious to see if they'd be as willing for those of us who already get discounts each month.
    Just tried to get the 20/24, unfortunately because I already have a $20/24 credit from them pulling channels off of Sprint TV I was unable to get another $20. What I did ask is if my corp. discount was the problem and the rep said no, Sprint only allows one credit at a time, discounts are a different animal. Hope that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbsprinter View Post
    ... Sprint only allows one credit at a time, discounts are a different animal. Hope that makes sense.
    It makes total sense the way you explained it. Thanks for the clarification.
    i just called and canceled my service and contract for 3 lines with no problems. It took about 5 minutes.

when i called sprint, it took 3 button pushes to get to the cancellation department. I told the rep that I heard that because of the regulatory fee increase that I was able to break out of my contract and terminate service without the ETF. She said I was correct and tried to make me aware that every carrier was having that fee increase. I said that's ok and I really just want to close the account.

She then asked me if I wanted to port the numbers over to another carrier. I said yes and she set everything up. She told me that I have to port the number over before the next billing cycle begins (or i would be billed for that month) and that the service will terminate once the numbers are ported over.

That was about 2 hours ago. So afterwards, I went to my t-mobile store, signed up, and now all 3 phones are working with my original numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by puckybot View Post
    i just called and canceled my service and contract for 3 lines with no problems. It took about 5 minutes.

when i called sprint, it took 3 button pushes to get to the cancellation department. I told the rep that I heard that because of the regulatory fee increase that I was able to break out of my contract and terminate service without the ETF. She said I was correct and tried to make me aware that every carrier was having that fee increase. I said that's ok and I really just want to close the account.

She then asked me if I wanted to port the numbers over to another carrier. I said yes and she set everything up. She told me that I have to port the number over before the next billing cycle begins (or i would be billed for that month) and that the service will terminate once the numbers are ported over.

That was about 2 hours ago. So afterwards, I went to my t-mobile store, signed up, and now all 3 phones are working with my original numbers.
    What phone did you get? N1?
    I just got off the phone with SPRINT. I have been told that people that have been given discounts and have had the the contract marked as FULFILLED are "LYING". This from a SPRINT MANAGER. Well people.... were you "LYING".

I have been given the choice of accepting the change and agreeing to new T&Cs that will allow them to change rates when ever they want or ending my contract - Ohhhh and if I select to Port...I will be billed for the ETF - I have to call them and "ASK" them to waive the EFT. It is not automatic.

DOES SPRINT WANT TO LOSE CUSTOMERS??????

All I asked them to do is acknowledge they violated the T&Cs by marking my account as FULLFILLED. With that I would accept the new rates.....I did not ask for or was offered any discounts. I was nice during the conversation - no yelling no screaming.

By the way - this was the 5th call today - I was given 3 different dates that I have to port my number to...Jan 31, Mar 15 and Feb 27....I was hung up on once, I was put on hold for over 30 minutes, and I was transferred to a voice mail of a manager that never called me back.

Why did I ever leave Verison - because of poor Customer Service - WHAT DID I GET INTO - WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE....

I have until Feb 27 to make the decision to port my number and take the hit of $300 for the PRE and another $150 in accessories and $50 in APPS....

Am I mad, Am I angry, Will I ever say anything nice about SPRINT - I'll let you Guess.....

Sprint Reps - Be careful what you say to customers - it may come back to Bite you.

a VERY dissatisfied Sprint customer - Go Phone - Here I come
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I apologize if this has been discussed previously. I've skimmed the thread, but I don't have time to really dissect it:

Can anyone give me any insight on cancelling a 2nd line, but keeping my main line? I'm a long-time happy Sprint customer, and I loved the Pre enough to get a 2nd line so I could start a new contract for the Pre. Now I'd like to get out of the old contract. Do problems arise when I tell a CSR essentially that I am unhappy about the new charge, but only unhappy enough to cancel one of my two lines?
    Sprint - 1, Me - 0

Attempt #1: I was told that since it is a dispute in the contract, they were legally bound to cancel both contracts or none at all. I asked if they would consider making an exception in order to keep my business, but it was to no avail. He was more than ready to cancel both contracts, but I balked and said I would consider it and call back.

Thoughts? Any ways around this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    What phone did you get? N1?
    i'm back to using my old iphone.

i wish i could've gotten the N1 but since my family already had phones and we wanted unlimited web, the N1 wasn't an option (unless i paid $500+ for the phone without contract).
    Quote Originally Posted by edwjackson View Post
    ... Am I mad, Am I angry, Will I ever say anything nice about SPRINT - I'll let you Guess.....
    a VERY dissatisfied Sprint customer - Go Phone - Here I come
    I'd give them one more chance by calling back tomorrow. It's good to understand what your alternatives are. Honestly, the thought of simple prepaid wireless entered my mind too.
    But did you get a discount or get your acccount marked fulfilled - if you did and you're reporting here you did - according to SPRINT - your LYING. - Are you?
    B..Clanccy
    I'm not trying to be nasty - If I come across that way please forgive me -
    also I have filed a complaint with the FCC for the tactics SPRINT is using....
    B..Clanccy
    I'm not trying to be nasty - If I come across that way please forgive me -
    also I have filed a complaint with the FCC for the tactics SPRINT is using....
    You didn't come across as nasty. I just felt a bit sorry that your problem really wasn't resolved to your satisfaction and I thought if you tried one more time on a new day, that things might just go better. If you do, it helps to go in with what my wife calls "the theory of low expectations". That is, don't expect anything, but just say you weren't happy with their resolution. It might help to say yours S.O. said you didn't sleep well. -- best wishes however it goes!
    Sprint - 1, Me - 0

Attempt #1: I was told that since it is a dispute in the contract, they were legally bound to cancel both contracts or none at all. I asked if they would consider making an exception in order to keep my business, but it was to no avail. He was more than ready to cancel both contracts, but I balked and said I would consider it and call back.

Thoughts? Any ways around this?
    They raised an interesting point that I never though of. I think they are right. I guess the next thing to do is figure out which plan terminates soonest or which one you want to keep. Take the 20/24 deal on the line you want to keep and wait out the other one. I guess the other thing might be to cancel both and start a new plan under a spouse's name, or cancel and just go with something on T-Mobile.
    Please see my post #328 and my experiences with SPRINT....
    Thanks for trying to make me feel better - question now is - do you want to buy a PRE...
    Sprint has made if very clear that they do not want me as a costumer.
    Just the Facts - they do not have to wave the ETF and that people on this forum are lying turns me off completely to SPRINT - that manager should be Fired.
    again Thanks
    Thanks for trying to make me feel better - question now is - do you want to buy a PRE...
    Sprint has made if very clear that they do not want me as a costumer.
    Just the Facts - they do not have to wave the ETF and that people on this forum are lying turns me off completely to SPRINT - that manager should be Fired.
    again Thanks
    wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    They raised an interesting point that I never though of. I think they are right. I guess the next thing to do is figure out which plan terminates soonest or which one you want to keep. Take the 20/24 deal on the line you want to keep and wait out the other one. I guess the other thing might be to cancel both and start a new plan under a spouse's name, or cancel and just go with something on T-Mobile.
    Please see my post #328 and my experiences with SPRINT....
    Sorry, I forgot the part about them saying you have to call back to get the credit after porting. Yes, that feels to me like they are not treating customers who cancel and port (which would be the vast majority of canceling customers) as nicely as they could. You are probably right to report this tactic to the FCC. Good call!
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    You didn't come across as nasty. I just felt a bit sorry that your problem really wasn't resolved to your satisfaction and I thought if you tried one more time on a new day, that things might just go better. If you do, it helps to go in with what my wife calls "the theory of low expectations". That is, don't expect anything, but just say you weren't happy with their resolution. It might help to say yours S.O. said you didn't sleep well. -- best wishes however it goes!
    Well - I just got a call back from another manager - yes! they called me! ...very sorry for the way I was treated.... I informed them of my post to the members of this forum and they were concerned that I posted it !!! Also that I filed a complaint with the FCC.
    I have been given yet another final date to port, Jan 27th, and was assured (verbally only) that I would not have to pay an ETF. I wonder what is my actual last date to port before I'm charged. I was also offered $10.00 a month off my bill for 12 months if I stayed (owwwww am I lying?)
    I really do not know what to believe. Have to talk to the S.O. and see what she thinks.

Still think I was treated like S*** by Sprint. I've never had a manager of a company cuss and shout at me before like this guy did.

Really thinking about Ebay for the Pre and a Go Phone...

Thanks for your concern