Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    I got a rep who was willing to give me back my old SERO lines if I stayed. I do believe I'm staying!
    Just cancelled my horrible Sprint account w/ no cancellation fee! Reason for leaving? Their customer service SUCKS!!!! Waiting for it to come to Verizon Wireless.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kineticvision View Post
    Just cancelled my horrible Sprint account w/ no cancellation fee! Reason for leaving? Their customer service SUCKS!!!! Waiting for it to come to Verizon Wireless.
    expound on "sucks."
    I tried doing it and they said I could not cancel it now that I have to wait untill I receive the bill announcing the regulatory charge. I also got the 4.99 new charge for not having it automatticaly withdrawn can I cancel because of that?
  6.    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by suzuki-guy View Post
    I tried doing it and they said I could not cancel it now that I have to wait untill I receive the bill announcing the regulatory charge. I also got the 4.99 new charge for not having it automatticaly withdrawn can I cancel because of that?
    This is nonsense. File a complaint with the FCC. Here is the place to file a complaint about ETF. FCC Consumer Complaints

The FCC will hand them their head over this.
    This is interesting. It reminds me of when Microsoft was offering a $200.00 store credit at Best Buy for anyone who signed up for an MSN Internet account. The stores were packed after people found out that they could cancel the service the next day without incuring any penalty.
    Again, they'll feed you any excuse to keep you from canceling. The two most common excuses I've heard are "This charge doesn't apply to everyone, so we have to wait until you're sure it applies to you", and "You can not cancel your contract until the charge shows up on your bill." As mike said, both of these (along with any other excuse they give you) are complete nonsense.

You can file a complaint if you want, but the first thing I would do is continue calling Sprint back and getting different CSRs. Eventually one of them will let you out without any hassle. Just be persistent.
    I was given a free Airave with no monthly fee about 5 months ago. Does anyone know if that will have any impact on trying to cancel my Sprint account?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyg417 View Post
    I was given a free Airave with no monthly fee about 5 months ago. Does anyone know if that will have any impact on trying to cancel my Sprint account?
    I don't see why it would, no.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I had two lines with Sprint, 1 of them for 10 years. The other for 8 years. I was paying $70 a month, Fair & Flexible Family Plan. I added two more lines, committed myself to 4 new two year contracts and now I'm paying $170 a month.

I called Sprint to cancel due to the new regulatory fees and their change in the terms and conditions. The Sprint rep offered a $10 credit for 12 months. He wouldn't budge on letting me out of the contracts. I don't really want the credit. I just want the contract fulfillment to expire.. I want out of the contract so I can shop around for a different plan.

The Sprint rep said that I would have to cancel the contract. They would charge me $800 in early termination fees and then I could call back and they would remove the charge. Should I trust him? I would rather that they cancel the contract first.

What should I do now?

My bill notifying me of the regulatory charge increase and Ts & Cs changes was received by me in the mail on December 26, 2009. He said that I have 60 days from December 26, 2009, or 30 days from the next bill I should receive on January 26, 2010 to cancel and then they would honor remove the $800 charge to cancel early.

Is that correct or is he pulling my leg?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I apologize if this has been discussed previously. I've skimmed the thread, but I don't have time to really dissect it:

Can anyone give me any insight on cancelling a 2nd line, but keeping my main line? I'm a long-time happy Sprint customer, and I loved the Pre enough to get a 2nd line so I could start a new contract for the Pre. Now I'd like to get out of the old contract. Do problems arise when I tell a CSR essentially that I am unhappy about the new charge, but only unhappy enough to cancel one of my two lines?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Good question.
    I called today with NO intentions of canceling my plan but only to see what Sprint was willing to do for the increase in Regulatory Fee's.
    I began the conversation with cancellations saying I wanted to cancel my service on all three phones. They asked why and I stated that it was because of the Regulatory Fees increase. I then asked what they were willing to do to keep me as a valued customer.
    They offered another Twenty Dollars Off My Plan if I signed a new Two Year agreement. They also took Twenty Bucks off my current bill. This is being offered through the end of January the Sprint guy said.
    Again I was not planning on canceling and just wanted to see what they would offer. I was very pleased with the offer. Downside for some would be a new two year agreement on all of your lines. But if you were not going to cancel then you are $480.00 ahead at the end of the two years.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    So for people getting this $20/month off, do you already have any kind of credits or discounts applied? I'm curious to see if they'd be as willing for those of us who already get discounts each month.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I get an employee discount and they offered $10 a month for 12 months. I have 23 months left on 4 phones.

I really just want out of the contract for all 4 phones. They said that I could cancel and then call back to have the $800 on my last bill credited back but I'm leary about doing that. What if they don't honor it and refuse to credit my account?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I just got my contract cancelled without an ETF. The rep made it pretty easy and I thought I was going in for a fight.

Im gonna be sad leaving Precentral...
    Just got off the phone with Cancelation Dept. I started conversation saying that I've done research and know I'm able to cancel my contract w/o fee because of change in T&C. BUT I've also learned that many have been offered the $20 off for 24months if they renew...and I would like the 20/24 offer. She said I was correct, and noted the $20/monthly discount on my acct....simple as that! First call, first person I spoke with. I'm very pleased.!!!
    I know Im gonna get dogged for this but I just got off the phone with sprint Cancelled my contract! Also I just ordered an I phone. I will be paying 10 dollars more a month but I will have full bars at my house(friend has ATT) Where with sprint I had one solid X unless I was roaming. I have an Ipod touch so I know sort of what an Iphone will be like. Still the software on the pre is better!!! The mechanical quality blows! Ive had 4 palm pres in 3 months! Two blown speakers, and one shattered screen from the center button up! Also I have a one month old palm pre, touchstone charger, all with original boxes for 250! Very clean phone always had screen protector. If interested email me at suzuki-guy@hotmail.com Will ship!
  20.    #320  
    I know Im gonna get dogged for this but I just got off the phone with sprint Cancelled my contract! Also I just ordered an I phone. I will be paying 10 dollars more a month but I will have full bars at my house(friend has ATT) Where with sprint I had one solid X unless I was roaming. I have an Ipod touch so I know sort of what an Iphone will be like. Still the software on the pre is better!!! The mechanical quality blows! Ive had 4 palm pres in 3 months! Two blown speakers, and one shattered screen from the center button up! Also I have a one month old palm pre, touchstone charger, all with original boxes for 250! Very clean phone always had screen protector. If interested email me at suzuki-guy@hotmail.com Will ship!
    Well, you have 30 days with your iPhone where you can still return it. If coverage is the issue, then you'll be able to get the Pre plus on VZ before that 30 days is up.