Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cfbauer View Post
    How did you do this?
    i signed up for a corporate discount "inside info i found out how to do" and they screwed up soo much with me 2 months ago they offered $20 off every bill for 2 years to not loose my business.

so out of a $120-130 bill i only pay like $70-$80 for two lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Exactly right - keep calling - it's worth it! With AT&T and VZ BOTH getting updated models of the Pre THIS quarter, it's not a good time to be stuck on a contract with Sprint!
    So what are you going to do when in 6 months Sprint gets a better WebOS phone? Switch back? I'll tell you now that VZW isn't nearly as kind to folks leaving contracts early. The idea that you are somehow in bad shape because you are on Sprint is ridiculous. At worst they are just as bad as the other carriers and at least they are inexpensive. When the Pre came out it was the Verizon people who were in a bad way if they wanted a Pre. Now Verizon gets the Pre version 1.5. Guess who will probably get the next WebOS flagship? (hint: It won't be Verizon).

Switching to a much more expensive carrier for an incremental upgrade can cost quite a bit of money for the privilege. Not gonna tell you what to do with yours but the idea that we somehow got "screwed" because the hardware has been slightly improved for the followup release is silly.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I couldn't get them to go month-to-month. Called twice, spoke to three reps. In the end, I decided to try the google phone for a while (t-mobile will probably change their contract before too long, so I'm not trapped, and I assume Sprint will eventually get the 'Pre Plus Plus' or something). I'll probably still play with my Pre on wifi...
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Just successfully had my contract marked fulfilled on my first attempt. I would have been happy with either that, or the 20/24 deal.

I started the conversation trying a tactic I hadn't yet read about, citing the relevant clause in the contract and simply asking to be switched to month-to-month. The CSR gave the standard answer that they will either cancel the number completely or make a note to waive the ETF once I decide to port. Neither were satisfactory since I love Sprint's low prices.

I read her the clause in Sprint's contract to show I know what I'm talking about, and how it doesn't mention anything about the stupid "call back after you port and we'll waive the ETF" offer. I also read that some CSRs need to be asked to cancel before offering any sweet discounts, so I did that.

I told her I wanted to cancel, just to see what she would offer. I was hoping for the 20/24, so I told her the plan was too expensive. She said the other providers all charged more, which is true and why I love Sprint, and I changed the subject. I said I wasn't sure if I wanted to switch, but don't want to go through the rigmarole of calling back after "porting", so if she could kindly mark the contract as fulfilled that would be the easiest for everyone. She talked to her manager and boom, it was done.

Lessons learned, in addition to the great stuff at the beginning of this thread:

* Have the contract in front of you and read it when they offer the dumb "call back and we'll waive the ETF" idea. That way they know you know what you're talking about and can see that the contract makes no mention of that.

* Keep politely, but firmly, asking for what you want.

* If you get in a corner, just change the subject by asking for what you want again.

* Only ask for things you know through research they can do, or are close to them. Again, it shows you know what you are talking about and aren't demanding crazy things.

* If they offer less than what they've given someone else, don't take it. Just say "Let me think about it", call back, and try again.

edit: I believe these CSRs are evaluated based on "saves", or people who call to cancel who get talked out of it. That's another reason to say you want to cancel even if you don't, if the rep gets credit for the "save" they'll be more likely to help you out.
    Last edited by cfbauer; 01/08/2010 at 04:41 PM.
    well with this new imformation and the information obtained from a sprint rep.i just reupgraded from 5th palm pre to a htc touch pro 2 for 49.99 thank you sprint for slipping me the employee pricing site
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcquown84 View Post
    well with this new imformation and the information obtained from a sprint rep.i just reupgraded from 5th palm pre to a htc touch pro 2 for 49.99 thank you sprint for slipping me the employee pricing site
    Can to tell me what you did? I am in the process of trying to get my third Pre due to light leakage in the screen of the Pre and I either want a replacement Pre (my 3rd) or I want another phone (The Hero even though it isn't as good). I would pay the $50 for it but I dont want to re-extend my upgrade eligibility.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I just had a look at my current Sprint bill. It's $95 + change. I was paying about $88 a month for the iPhone on AT&T. I'm wondering why I ever left AT&T!!!!!
    Last edited by glenada; 01/09/2010 at 02:25 PM. Reason: spelling
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    I just had a look at my current Sprint bill. It's $95 + change. I was paying about $88 a month for the iPhone on AT&T. I'm wondering why I ever left AT&T!!!!!
    Hmmm, I went to at&t's website and checked out there pricing plan for the iphone and to get everything that I get with the Sprint Plan ($69.99} it works out to $99.95, so you must be using some kind of new math. Plus, to add insult to injury, you have to put up with at&t's crappy service!
    Wow, awesome data. I'm definitely going to give a call and see what I can do.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Just cancelled one of my lines today using Ts&Cs contract change with no ETF.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    If I get them to agree to port my number, do I have a time limit by when I must do it or is that the same as month-to-month?

I want to get a month-to-month contract.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I just got a letter from Sprint stating because I have an account spending limit my account will be bill an extra 4.99 per month unless I sign up with automatic payment.

Is this related to getting out of ETF for free or is it something different?
    Last edited by Mpre; 01/10/2010 at 12:08 PM.
    Just called and cancelled my line. It was a bit of a pain in the *** but I got a good rep this time (called 4x) and he obviously saw that I kept calling about the same issue. He offered me $10 credit for a year which I declined.

He then said he sees I just want to cancel but wanted to offer to try to lower my bill.

If you check your account it should show contract expired on todays date (or the date you cancel)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Called retentions today to cancel for my wife's $69/mo plan (Samsung Instinct)..
    1. Got Airave free
    2. $20 credit per month for 2 years
    3. $25 credit to upgrade to Pixi after going to Best Buy to purchase (Net cost $25.00)
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    ugh but i love sprint.. the build quality on the pre does suck, how ever Sprint's data price is excelent
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    i think you are doing it wrong
    Release day pre user switching over to a nexus one. Called yesterday, took all of about 5 minutes, the guy was extremely pleasant. He offered me a few options to try to get me to say, i said I was not interested he was very polite and said no problem. Let me keep my number.

All in all, very easy process, there was no sort of pressure or sleeziness.

Makes me feel bad to leave them but glad they made it easy to.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I want to stay with Sprint. I have 6 lines with them. But my wifes phone ( palm 755p) is " falling apart) Battery lasts about 4 hrs etc, buttons stick/ can't sync w work email. Anyway, phone is up for upgrade in May, and was hoping to see if they could allow early up for this, but Sprint rep said that the terms of the contract are subject to change and that I can't get out without paying etf" Is that true?
    Just called them but they only offered me $10.00 a month off for a new 1 year contract or $20.00 a month for a new 2 year contract. They would not put me on a month to month. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by firstimer View Post
    I want to stay with Sprint. I have 6 lines with them. But my wifes phone ( palm 755p) is " falling apart) Battery lasts about 4 hrs etc, buttons stick/ can't sync w work email. Anyway, phone is up for upgrade in May, and was hoping to see if they could allow early up for this, but Sprint rep said that the terms of the contract are subject to change and that I can't get out without paying etf" Is that true?
    Yes and no. I'm assuming when you say the CSR said the "contract was subject to change", they were trying to tell you that they are allowed to change terms in the middle of their contract. That's true for some things, but not for others.

In this case, the regulatory surcharge increase is a materially adverse charge to the customer that has not been mandated by the government or any other regulating bodies, and so it meets the qualifiers in Sprint's Terms & Conditions that allow you to cancel without an ETF. Bottom line, she's wrong and you should try calling another CSR. Be persistent about it and cite the relevant clause in Sprint's T&C that allows you to cancel, and eventually they'll relent.

Also, even if you cancel your contract, that doesn't necessarily mean you can sign right back up and get an upgrade price on a new phone. The contracts and upgrade eligibility are completely unrelated. It just usually so happens that people sign a new contract when they upgrade their phone, but they don't go hand in hand. If your wife wants to get upgrade pricing, she'll probably have to wait until she is eligible in May. Doesn't mean you shouldn't still try though, who knows what they might offer you to stay?

Quote Originally Posted by tserna View Post
    Just called them but they only offered me $10.00 a month off for a new 1 year contract or $20.00 a month for a new 2 year contract. They would not put me on a month to month. Any suggestions?
    Are you planning on staying with Sprint long-term? If so, and if you don't mind renewing a new 2-year contract with them, it might be worth it to take the offer. It's actually a pretty good deal, especially if you can stack it on top of a corporate discount.

However, if you're really wanting to cancel or go month-to-month, just keep calling. Some of the CSRs are pretty hard-headed about letting people out, and when you get one of them, it's not worth wasting your time. Just call back and get someone else, and continue doing so until you get someone who will either let you cancel or mark your contract as fulfilled. The latter sometimes takes a little perseverance, since they technically aren't supposed to let people do that. Keep at it though and someone eventually will.