Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    So for people getting out of their contract going month to month, or renewing for the $20/month discount deal, how does this affect your phone upgrade date eligibility? I have high doubts my pre will even make it to June let alone another full year.
    Quote Originally Posted by grynv View Post
    The OP, the first few pages, a blog post on the main page last month, and the sprint support forum.

Read here:
    Sprint & PhoneNews.com Team Up To Help ETF Out Go Smoothly | PhoneNews.com

An update:
    Brief Sprint ETF Out Update | PhoneNews.com

I couldn't get out of my contract becuase it "only applies to consumer accounts"
    Supposedly I have a corporate discount making it a corporate account
    Did anyone else run into that?
    Wrong. Like I said before, they'll feed you whatever excuse they can to keep you from switching. I have a corporate discount on my line as well, and put me on month-to-month after enough wrangling. Keep calling back.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wessock View Post
    So for people getting out of their contract going month to month, or renewing for the $20/month discount deal, how does this affect your phone upgrade date eligibility? I have high doubts my pre will even make it to June let alone another full year.
    It does not......all upgrade eligibility remains the same.
  4.    #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    Wrong. Like I said before, they'll feed you whatever excuse they can to keep you from switching. I have a corporate discount on my line as well, and put me on month-to-month after enough wrangling. Keep calling back.
    Exactly right - keep calling - it's worth it! With AT&T and VZ BOTH getting updated models of the Pre THIS quarter, it's not a good time to be stuck on a contract with Sprint!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Worked great for me! Got outa my contract no problemo.
    Quote Originally Posted by inrelief View Post
    Worked great for me! Got outa my contract no problemo.
    yeah but did they shut your service off right away or are you month to month now?
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    It does not......all upgrade eligibility remains the same.
    You sure? I thought that all that is required to get a new phone subsidy is to begin a new contract? So if you get out of your old contract, aren't you free to then sign a new one and thus get the phone subsidy?
    there's no way im gonna leave sprint.

1.) i love my new pixi too much.

2.) sprint has the best rate on everything plans. just checked t-mobile & verizon, much to expensive.

3.) ill just set up auto pay to get rid of the $4.99 increase per month.

i hate sprints customer service but im not gonna waste more money either per month with another carrier. i already get a 27% discount and $20 off my bill for the next 2 years.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    i already get a 27% discount and $20 off my bill for the next 2 years.
    How did you do this?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    ok i just called in at sprint today to see if i can get out of contract and pay a month to month. but the lady on the phone said i can not do this. sounded like she had no idea what i was talking about though. anyone that got to do this what exactly did you tell the sprint rep?
    Wow that was amazingly easy. Called *2, pressed 5 (I think) for more options, pressed 6 for cancellation. Person on the phone was nice, I explained the fee increase and that I would like to port without ETF, he looked at his notes, asked if there was anything he could do to get me to stay. I said no, and he noted it down in my account not to charge an ETF. 3 minute phone call.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqguitar View Post
    ok i just called in at sprint today to see if i can get out of contract and pay a month to month. but the lady on the phone said i can not do this. sounded like she had no idea what i was talking about though. anyone that got to do this what exactly did you tell the sprint rep?
    See this thread: New Regulatory Fee Increase=GET OUT OF YOUR SPRINT CONTRACT FOR FREE, NO ETF! - SlickDeals.net Forums

In the wiki section near the top, there are some excellent scripts and insights about what exactly to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by KallDrexx View Post
    Wow that was amazingly easy. Called *2, pressed 5 (I think) for more options, pressed 6 for cancellation. Person on the phone was nice, I explained the fee increase and that I would like to port without ETF, he looked at his notes, asked if there was anything he could do to get me to stay. I said no, and he noted it down in my account not to charge an ETF. 3 minute phone call.
    I wouldn't be satisfied with that result until I can read for myself that my contract is "fulfilled" on my bill. They could be trying to give you the runaround.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Proper way to get out of ETF this month.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We’re still looking into the issue with Sprint, following up on their current Regulatory Fee ETF Out.

Many customers that are affected by the fee increase, are being told to wait until another billing cycle. We know this is incorrect information that is being forwarded to customer service… we’re trying to track down how that happened.

As of yesterday, Media Relations confirmed once again that you should be able to cancel now, sans ETF, regardless of your bill cycle. However, they are looking into the situation further to understand why people are having issues.

Customers are encouraged to call customer service back if they do not get approved, or are told to wait for their next bill cycle.

The issue appears to stem from a memo issued to customer service, which we are trying to obtain, as is Sprint Media Relations. There are too many possible reasons to address why customer service is routinely denying affected customers, but we will follow-up once Sprint completes their investigation.

Sprint & PhoneNews.com Team Up To Help ETF Out Go Smoothly

Awhile back, we reported on Sprint’s regulatory fee increase, and how it is a material change that enables you to cancel service, sans termination fee. Well, Sprint read how we’ve been battling AT&T to get them to fess up and acknowledge their bad behavior.

And, Sprint did something unique in the wireless industry. Instead of making cancelling service an impossible task, Sprint called us up and wanted to work with PhoneNews.com to ensure no headaches this time when cancelling.

Effective today, you can call up customer service and schedule service cancellation. Be sure to follow the following steps, outlined by Sprint:

1) You must call in after January 1 (as in, starting today). Ask to be transferred to the cancellation department.
    2) When you reach the cancellation department, note the $.40 regulatory fee increase that took effect at the start of January. Explain that this is a material change, and you would like to terminate service without the early termination fee.
    3) If you are porting your number out to another carrier, alert the representative of this. They will note your account to be closed out properly after porting.
    4) Be sure to only port your number after calling customer service, and explaining the process above. If you cancel service or port your number to another provider before following steps one through three, you will be charged the early termination fee.
    5) You have until January 31st to scheduledisconnect of service. You may complete your billing cycle, but any requests to cancel your contract after the 31st will be denied.

If you’ve tried that a couple of times, and haven’t found success… Simply contact us at PhoneNews.com. We’ll get you in touch with a team of ombudsmen at Sprint that will make sure your account is closed properly.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by postalUT View Post
    Sure, I would love to switch to AT&T or Verizon and pay an extra $110 a month for all the services I get on Sprint included in my plan. That would be super!

Don't give me the Verizon has better coverage argument either, it's played out.
    Verizon does have better coverage. Family members with Verizon get service in places that I (with Sprint) do not.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi4u View Post
    Proper way to get out of ETF this month.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We’re still looking into the issue with Sprint, following up on their current Regulatory Fee ETF Out.

Many customers that are affected by the fee increase, are being told to wait until another billing cycle. We know this is incorrect information that is being forwarded to customer service… we’re trying to track down how that happened.

As of yesterday, Media Relations confirmed once again that you should be able to cancel now, sans ETF, regardless of your bill cycle. However, they are looking into the situation further to understand why people are having issues.

Customers are encouraged to call customer service back if they do not get approved, or are told to wait for their next bill cycle.

The issue appears to stem from a memo issued to customer service, which we are trying to obtain, as is Sprint Media Relations. There are too many possible reasons to address why customer service is routinely denying affected customers, but we will follow-up once Sprint completes their investigation.

Sprint & PhoneNews.com Team Up To Help ETF Out Go Smoothly

Awhile back, we reported on Sprint’s regulatory fee increase, and how it is a material change that enables you to cancel service, sans termination fee. Well, Sprint read how we’ve been battling AT&T to get them to fess up and acknowledge their bad behavior.

And, Sprint did something unique in the wireless industry. Instead of making cancelling service an impossible task, Sprint called us up and wanted to work with PhoneNews.com to ensure no headaches this time when cancelling.

Effective today, you can call up customer service and schedule service cancellation. Be sure to follow the following steps, outlined by Sprint:

1) You must call in after January 1 (as in, starting today). Ask to be transferred to the cancellation department.
    2) When you reach the cancellation department, note the $.40 regulatory fee increase that took effect at the start of January. Explain that this is a material change, and you would like to terminate service without the early termination fee.
    3) If you are porting your number out to another carrier, alert the representative of this. They will note your account to be closed out properly after porting.
    4) Be sure to only port your number after calling customer service, and explaining the process above. If you cancel service or port your number to another provider before following steps one through three, you will be charged the early termination fee.
    5) You have until January 31st to scheduledisconnect of service. You may complete your billing cycle, but any requests to cancel your contract after the 31st will be denied.

If you’ve tried that a couple of times, and haven’t found success… Simply contact us at PhoneNews.com. We’ll get you in touch with a team of ombudsmen at Sprint that will make sure your account is closed properly.
    Can we use this process to cancel our contract and go month to month until we can find another carrier?
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Some have reported having success in going month to month, But as a general rule "no" they are not supposed to allow that.
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomepatrol View Post
    That is, in fact, *exactly* what it means. Those are the terms of the contract. And guess what: Sprint wrote that contract. It's not "stealing" -- it is explicitly provided for and priced into the agreement. And it's not a "lie" -- the provision was triggered unilaterally by Sprint, customers do not have to explain "why" they are utilizing it.

All of this moralizing over a provision that Sprint itself inserted into the contract and then consciously breached (knowing full well the consequences of that breach) is utterly preposterous.

You guys are hilarious. Sprint doesn't engage in any similar moralizing when a customer breaches a term on their end, that's for damn sure.
    When I incurred a bunch of data roaming fees that were arguably my fault, Sprint was very pleasant about removing them from my bill. I don't feel inclined to "stick it to them" over this.

Quote Originally Posted by KallDrexx View Post
    so who are you with now? Sprint still has the cheapest service, and unlike the poster above, my coverage is always at least as good as the coverage other familiy members with other phone companies have. Yeah, if I could go month-to-month, that would be nice. But I have zero interest in cancelling right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    so who are you with now? Sprint still has the cheapest service, and unlike the poster above, my coverage is always at least as good as the coverage other familiy members with other phone companies have. Yeah, if I could go month-to-month, that would be nice. But I have zero interest in cancelling right now.
    I went with Verizon. Due to friends who work there I got a good monthly rate ($77 a month for the same features as sprint's $69 plan), but I was also able to get a new phone with only a 1 year contract, so my contract with verizon will be up almost the same time my sprint one was due to be up. Selling my pre online should pay for the VZW phone anyways so I'll probably come up close to even.

It probably doesn't come close to the 25% discount on sprint people were talking about but oh well.

Mainly, Sprint's customer service has ****ed me off too many times in the past 3 years (especially with them not trying to work with me when I wanted to pay $400 to get a palm pre, and had to go through ebay instead even though it would have been quite beneficial to them). Maybe Verizon isn't better CS wise, but I at least will be a notch in the system that makes sprint realize they've messed up. Also, my pre is messing up more and more (data stopped working for the 3rd time) so this allows me to get a phone that is more polished now, and in a year decide if I want to come back to the pre.
    Has anyone been successful in cancelling their contract and going month to month? I do not want to leave Sprint since they really have the most economical plan for me and my family. I checked with AT&T and it would cost me over $200/mo to get what I pay Sprint $146 for.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by postalUT View Post
    Sure, I would love to switch to AT&T or Verizon and pay an extra $110 a month for all the services I get on Sprint included in my plan. That would be super!

Don't give me the Verizon has better coverage argument either, it's played out.
    That's why I left my iPhone plan. It was costing me close to $90 per month for voice and data. No free messaging either. You can't beat Sprint's Everything plans.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2