Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
  1.    #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by kansanpoker View Post
    nope not unless sprint betters there coverage in my area in the next few weeks. He plays card with friends of his that all have verizon and they all have 5 bars he tells me and his phone does not work , in the same card room.
    Sprint coverage does suck compared to VZ and AT&T. There is a reason why Sprint is a 2nd tier carrier. Yes, they are cheap, but I guarantee you if they could get customers to pay for quality they wouldn't discount so aggressively.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Sprint coverage does suck compared to VZ and AT&T. There is a reason why Sprint is a 2nd tier carrier. Yes, they are cheap, but I guarantee you if they could get customers to pay for quality they wouldn't discount so aggressively.
    i agree and i have told him that , but he tells me , money is no issue , he wants better service. o well im sticking with sprint since money is an issue for me
  3.    #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by kansanpoker View Post
    i agree and i have told him that , but he tells me , money is no issue , he wants better service. o well im sticking with sprint since money is an issue for me
    Then he'll be happy with the pre plus or droid on VZ... This contract change makes getting out of the agreement easy.
    Sprint service is fine. There main downfall has been customer service. Which they have improved in. I was in a sprint store not long ago and the employees were giving this guy the run around about his phone. He could not get a signal at his house. The guy was fuming mad. I asked what was going on. It was his work phone and the signal ended at his driveway. I asked if I could see the phone. I looked and sure enough his roaming was off. Sprint sell a lot of there phones with roaming off so they don't have to pay Verison. The employees just looked at me. It was amazing how may Sprint customers I had to help do the same thing during hurricane Ike. Only Verisons tower worked. SOmetimes Sprint just does stupid stuff.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    How do I deal with the $5 fee hike for capped plans? It is a ridiculous charge, and is actually a genuinely good reason to cancel service. The problem is that even with the $5, Sprint is still cheaper than everyone else, so I dont have too much leverage.

I may well go to T-Mobile though and get the Google Nexus, if there is no penalty for leaving Sprint, and if Sprint makes their service less good of a value. It would be one hell of a bad churn for them though for me to get out without an ETF after 3 months, especially after getting my phones for right next to free(and then recieving a $50/phone price adjustment credit on them as well).
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    How do I deal with the $5 fee hike for capped plans? It is a ridiculous charge, and is actually a genuinely good reason to cancel service. The problem is that even with the $5, Sprint is still cheaper than everyone else, so I dont have too much leverage.

I may well go to T-Mobile though and get the Google Nexus, if there is no penalty for leaving Sprint, and if Sprint makes their service less good of a value. It would be one hell of a bad churn for them though for me to get out without an ETF after 3 months, especially after getting my phones for right next to free(and then recieving a $50/phone price adjustment credit on them as well).
    My first recommendation is to call into Care and see if your spending limit can be removed (Assuming you have one, if you don't have a spending limit then the $4.99 charge means absolutely nothing to you).

If it cannot be removed due to late payments, not enough tenure, etc.; then you can sign up for autopay and have the charge waived that way.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Does signing up for autopay waive it automatically, or do I still have to call?
    So I just got my most recent bill that's due at the end of January online, and it shows the same $0.40 regulatory charge that's been there for a while now ($0.20 per line on two lines). Since I got the bill today on Dec. 31, is that why the new charge didn't show up yet?

And if I want to call and argue this, will I be able to since it doesn't show up on my bill yet? That would majorly suck, because my next bill doesn't show up until Feb. 1, by which point I would be outside the period where I could cancel my contract.
    great-do you look for ways to break all your commitments? this mentality is exactly what's wrong with our society today. I bet you are one of the people who is mad that some developers have the audacity to charge for their apps.
    So... does anyone have a useful answer to my question?
    Big Dookie: Thats just the standard charge. Everyone has one. It will become 0.40 per line on your first bill post January 1st. If you read the first post in more detail you would know this.
    No, I read and understand that completely. My question is not when it goes into effect, it is when we are able to actually call and argue about it. Many people on this thread and in other forums have said that you can't do anything about this charge until it shows up on your bill, and only then can you call Sprint and ask for them to cancel your contract. My problem is that my January bill became available to view today, on December 31, before the change goes into effect.

This means that, if it's true that I can't cancel the contract until it shows up on my bill, I won't be able to do anything at all since my next bill doesn't arrive until February 1, outside the final date for canceling without an ETF.

So I guess my real question is, can we still call Sprint about this after Jan 1st even if it hasn't technically shown up on our bill yet?
  13.    #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    No, I read and understand that completely. My question is not when it goes into effect, it is when we are able to actually call and argue about it. Many people on this thread and in other forums have said that you can't do anything about this charge until it shows up on your bill, and only then can you call Sprint and ask for them to cancel your contract. My problem is that my January bill became available to view today, on December 31, before the change goes into effect.

This means that, if it's true that I can't cancel the contract until it shows up on my bill, I won't be able to do anything at all since my next bill doesn't arrive until February 1, outside the final date for canceling without an ETF.

So I guess my real question is, can we still call Sprint about this after Jan 1st even if it hasn't technically shown up on our bill yet?
    You probably got an extra notice in your bill this month like I did saying that this new charge is being added HJan 1 and you have an option to exit your contract. If you sign on to the online acct management site after jan 1, you'll see it there... Then you can call.

Why people are defending Sprint here is beyond me. They are adding this charge. It's pure profit. They make the calculation that folks will just pay it and not complain. No customer initiated this charge - it's just Sprint's greed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Why people are defending Sprint here is beyond me. They are adding this charge. It's pure profit. They make the calculation that folks will just pay it and not complain. No customer initiated this charge - it's just Sprint's greed.
    I don't think people are necessarily defending Sprint - if someone feels that this new charge is a deal-breaker, then they should end their contract. The issue is that many folks are talking about breaking the contract and then re-upping, in a very transparent attempt to get a free phone out of Sprint. That's simply unethical, no matter how people try to spin it into a "stick it to The Man" argument.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I don't think people are necessarily defending Sprint - if someone feels that this new charge is a deal-breaker, then they should end their contract. The issue is that many folks are talking about breaking the contract and then re-upping, in a very transparent attempt to get a free phone out of Sprint. That's simply unethical, no matter how people try to spin it into a "stick it to The Man" argument.
    I agree that basically getting a new phone out of the deal is (arguably) unethical in many cases, but assuming this is the intention of everyone who is getting out of their contract is inaccurate and unfair. My only reason for doing this personally is to try and go month-to-month. I'm happy with Sprint's pricing and coverage, and there's no other phone I have any desire to trade in my Pre for. I think this is probably the case for many other people as well.

Also, thanks Mike for the response, that was exactly what I needed.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    My only reason for doing this personally is to try and go month-to-month.
    I have seen comments from other folks that they aren't letting you go month-to-month. The feedback seems to be that you can only outright cancel the contract; which, if you think about it, makes sense.

Folks are willing to pay the extra fee on a month-to-month basis, but not to the end of their contracts? Sort of defeats the purpose of not be willing to accept the change to the Terms.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    I have seen comments from other folks that they aren't letting you go month-to-month. The feedback seems to be that you can only outright cancel the contract; which, if you think about it, makes sense.

Folks are willing to pay the extra fee on a month-to-month basis, but not to the end of their contracts? Sort of defeats the purpose of not be willing to accept the change to the Terms.
    Hmm, not necessarily. Not being locked into a contract is worth paying the extra monthly fee. If something happens in a few months like if I lose my job or have unexpected expenses I need to pay, I would be able to save quite a bit of money every month by canceling my cell phone - and honestly, the cell phone would probably be one of the first things to go, along with Satellite (which I've continued on month-to-month ever since I finished my initial two-year contract for this very reason). If I'm still under contract, this option wouldn't be available to me.

So the question is, why sign up for contracts in the first place? Well, good point, and I agree. We were actually planning on not signing a new contract once this current one expires later this year, and just pay outright for phones from here on out. This only lets us do that a little earlier.
    Well I needed to get out of my contract with Sprint because of having nothing but problems with both Sprint and the Pre. I went through every possible solution I could without a resolution. The Air Rave did not work for me and after all of Sprints broken promises to me I needed a way out.

I looked at my previous bills I found that I was already being charged the additional fee. Which is something some of you might want to do or you will look like idiots when you call to complain and try to get out of your contract.

I was released from my contracts today (I have 2 Pre's) and did not need to pay an ETF because I was as nice as I possibly could be and had a legitimate reason to be released from it. I might go back to Sprint in the future but they will need to improve their reliability before I do.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Big Dookie, be sure to keep us updated on if they let you go month-to-month. I don't think I've seen anyone get that and I'm just curious.
    Good luck.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I called this morning and was very nice to customer service, they allowed me to cancel my contract (2 Pre's) without an ETF. My numbers have already been ported over and the process went very smoothly.