Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 444
  1. Siraris's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #181  
    So has anyone actually done this? I want to get out of my contract. My phone barely works anywhere here in Chicago, and I'm really disappointed in the Pre. I want to go back to T-Mobile and get the Nexus One when it arrives. Coverage is much better, and the plans are cheaper as well. And after having seen the Nexus One in person yesterday, it blows the Pre away in every shape and form.

    I'd like to get out of my contract and this is in my contract as being a terminable excuse.
  2.    #182  
    Several have. This is your chance to exit because of this change. Once the contract ends, you can cancel anytime without paying anything.
  3. #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    So has anyone actually done this? I want to get out of my contract. My phone barely works anywhere here in Chicago, and I'm really disappointed in the Pre. I want to go back to T-Mobile and get the Nexus One when it arrives. Coverage is much better, and the plans are cheaper as well. And after having seen the Nexus One in person yesterday, it blows the Pre away in every shape and form.

    I'd like to get out of my contract and this is in my contract as being a terminable excuse.
    where did you see a Nexus One in person?
  4. #184  
    I use the Pre all over Chicagoland from the South loop to MKE. It works, as my other Sprint phones do, very well.

    I can assure you that based on personal experience with a large scale corp. migration to t-mobile that you will find much poorer coverage than with Sprint in Chicagoland.

    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    So has anyone actually done this? I want to get out of my contract. My phone barely works anywhere here in Chicago, and I'm really disappointed in the Pre. I want to go back to T-Mobile and get the Nexus One when it arrives. Coverage is much better, and the plans are cheaper as well. And after having seen the Nexus One in person yesterday, it blows the Pre away in every shape and form.

    I'd like to get out of my contract and this is in my contract as being a terminable excuse.
  5. MF4L41's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #185  
    So can we cancel now or do we have to wait untill jan... Need to know as I plan on calling tomorrow to cancel if possible..
  6. tsnum4's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    #186  
    you have to wait until you get your bill that notifies you of the change.

    I just got my bill yesterday and got off the phone with Sprint a few minutes ago. I was able to cancel THREE of my ten phones with no ETF (all had over 12 or more months left on their contracts). Even got the rep to send me an email.

    Also, I got a GREAT rep. He got supervisor approval to merge my remaining 7 lines into a single plan so I only have to pay the add-a-line fee. The guys saved me over 100.00 bucks a month my cancelling the 2nd plan.

    I love Sprint!

    edit--> i just want to add that I did not do this to try to get a new phone or to leave Sprint for another provider. I LOVE Sprint and I personally would never go anywhere else. I did it simply to cancel three lines that we were no longer using.

    I couldn't go ANYwhere else and get the rates I have with Sprint ...

    7 phones on a 1500 Data Share plan for $261/mo (with insurance on all 7 lines)

    That's only 37.00 per line!! 27% corporate discount doesn't hurt either !
    Last edited by tsnum4; 12/28/2009 at 04:33 PM.
  7. Siraris's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #187  
    So I called and the rep would cancel, but he wouldn't let me go month to month. Anyone have suggestions on how to do so, or am I stuck just canceling outright?
  8. Siraris's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #188  
    Ok, I just spoke to a very nice rep from Sprint who told me the following:

    1. You cannot go month to month on your contract, you can only cancel or port your number. He said he was told this by two supervisors (he asked while I was on the phone). It seems very strange to me that they wouldn't want to retain customers.

    2. You can not cancel until the charge appears on your bill. My billing cycle ends January 16th, so I cannot get out without ETF until then. The bill ending December 16th still shows a $.20 regulatory charge.
  9. #189  
    I have had my account since Aug. I'm wondering if I can go month to month and get out of the ETF?
  10. #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    Ok, I just spoke to a very nice rep from Sprint who told me the following:

    1. You cannot go month to month on your contract, you can only cancel or port your number. He said he was told this by two supervisors (he asked while I was on the phone). It seems very strange to me that they wouldn't want to retain customers.
    It's not strange when you think about it...

    If the increase truly is a materially adverse change in your opinion on your contract (meaning you can't pay the increased fee price) then you aren't going to stay anyways because you can't pay it. If you are planning on staying you are going to pay the increase anyways (just without a contract, which would overall be a loss for the company since they no longer have a guarantee of you staying) and so then it really isn't a big deal for you. Either you truly are going to leave over it in which case you can, or that $0.15 increase is just your reason to get out of your contract obligation and if it hadn't come up you would have stayed right where you were/are anyways(which deals with ethics).
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

    Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
  11. #191  
    I'm lost , I showed this to my father, I'm on a family plan with my parents and my dad absolutely hates sprint , in fact he hates that I talked him into the palm pre and sprint in the first place. Anyways he was thinking about canceling his line and my mother's line anyways , but here is the problem. I want to stay with sprint because that all I can afford, I'm in college. do you think that my father can use this to get out of his contract and then port his phone number to Verizon without any problems?
  12. #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by kansanpoker View Post
    I'm lost , I showed this to my father, I'm on a family plan with my parents and my dad absolutely hates sprint , in fact he hates that I talked him into the palm pre and sprint in the first place. Anyways he was thinking about canceling his line and my mother's line anyways , but here is the problem. I want to stay with sprint because that all I can afford, I'm in college. do you think that my father can use this to get out of his contract and then port his phone number to Verizon without any problems?
    The fee increase would allow him to get out of his contract and port the number to another provider.

    Is there any chance at all that he can be saved from porting out? You say he hates Sprint but you don't go into any more detail than that about why in particular. It can't be the plan pricing since Sprint is cheaper with more features compared to Verizon. Is it because of the device line-up? Is it because of customer care service?
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

    Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
  13.    #193  
    It looks like VZ will be getting a 2nd rev of the Pre, improved in some way. Gotta hand it to Sprint to give users a way out of the contract right when VZ announces the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus! Sprint seems to have primed the market for VZ to get a much more mature and stable platform, with lots of apps already developed. And with this contract change, they are making easy for us to move and get a newer Pre with more features.
  14. stubbs's Avatar
    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    #194  
    I've got a question for those who've ported numbers or cancelled contracts: If I call to get out of my contract (I want to go to T-Mobile), does my service end immediately, or can I keep using my phone for a month or two until the Nexus One comes out?
  15.    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by kansanpoker View Post
    I'm lost , I showed this to my father, I'm on a family plan with my parents and my dad absolutely hates sprint , in fact he hates that I talked him into the palm pre and sprint in the first place. Anyways he was thinking about canceling his line and my mother's line anyways , but here is the problem. I want to stay with sprint because that all I can afford, I'm in college. do you think that my father can use this to get out of his contract and then port his phone number to Verizon without any problems?
    yes, this will let him do exactly that. He'll have to wait until after jan 1, but then he'll be able to dump sprint with no etf. The good news is that if he likes the pre, VZ will have an enhanced version of the Pre available in the next two weeks. So he can port to VZ and get the improved Pre, or a Droid or some other phone.

    There are lots of reasons to hate Sprint, but he should be thankful for them geetting greedy with this fee increase just as VZ starts carrying the Pre...
  16.    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    I've got a question for those who've ported numbers or cancelled contracts: If I call to get out of my contract (I want to go to T-Mobile), does my service end immediately, or can I keep using my phone for a month or two until the Nexus One comes out?
    It depends on what CSR you get. Many folks report being able to get month to month status on their existing Sprint plans, which give you flexibility. The nexusone will be announced next week, but you'll probably need an invite from someone to get it quickly. I have a friend who has one (google issued one to him). It's VERY FAST. But I prefer the hard keyboard on the Pre.

    But the nexus one is a great phone - it feels great, is fast, and voice controlled everyuthing, google navigation, a compass, and removable micro-SD card for media - up to 32 GB... It will give the iPhone a run for the money, but the only network it can do 3G on is T-mobile, which is even worse than sprint coverage wise.
  17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post
    It's not strange when you think about it...

    If the increase truly is a materially adverse change in your opinion on your contract (meaning you can't pay the increased fee price) then you aren't going to stay anyways because you can't pay it. If you are planning on staying you are going to pay the increase anyways (just without a contract, which would overall be a loss for the company since they no longer have a guarantee of you staying) and so then it really isn't a big deal for you. Either you truly are going to leave over it in which case you can, or that $0.15 increase is just your reason to get out of your contract obligation and if it hadn't come up you would have stayed right where you were/are anyways(which deals with ethics).
    it depends on the CSR. If Sprint knows they are going to lose you as a sub, it makes sense for them to offer you a deal or convert you to month to month status than lose you completely. It's a financially smart thing for them to do, esp. since VZ is going to be selling the Pre Plus next week or so.
  18. stubbs's Avatar
    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    It depends on what CSR you get. Many folks report being able to get month to month status on their existing Sprint plans, which give you flexibility. The nexusone will be announced next week, but you'll probably need an invite from someone to get it quickly. I have a friend who has one (google issued one to him). It's VERY FAST. But I prefer the hard keyboard on the Pre.

    But the nexus one is a great phone - it feels great, is fast, and voice controlled everyuthing, google navigation, a compass, and removable micro-SD card for media - up to 32 GB... It will give the iPhone a run for the money, but the only network it can do 3G on is T-mobile, which is even worse than sprint coverage wise.
    Good info. I was playing with a co-worker's Droid, and it's hard to resist the pull of Android. Such a gorgeous screen, and the Nexus One's is supposed to be even better with AMOLED tech. The problem, like you said, is that I probably won't be able to get my hands on one for a month or two.
  19. #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post
    The fee increase would allow him to get out of his contract and port the number to another provider.

    Is there any chance at all that he can be saved from porting out? You say he hates Sprint but you don't go into any more detail than that about why in particular. It can't be the plan pricing since Sprint is cheaper with more features compared to Verizon. Is it because of the device line-up? Is it because of customer care service?
    nope not unless sprint betters there coverage in my area in the next few weeks. He plays card with friends of his that all have verizon and they all have 5 bars he tells me and his phone does not work , in the same card room.
  20.    #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    Good info. I was playing with a co-worker's Droid, and it's hard to resist the pull of Android. Such a gorgeous screen, and the Nexus One's is supposed to be even better with AMOLED tech. The problem, like you said, is that I probably won't be able to get my hands on one for a month or two.
    I have played with the nexusone. The screen is amazing. better resolution, and even the camera is awesome - mechanically acuated autofocus. but like I said, t-mo kinda sucks. The moto droid is a nice phone, but feels cheap compared to the nexusone.

    You could port the number to a voip provider, or to another phone on AT&T or VZ which have 30 day trials. That gives you 30 days to get the nexusone.

Posting Permissions