Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by TNTreoUser View Post
    ...snip... Here is my concern. I have 3 friends (1 in Orlando, another in TN where I live and another in Fort Lauderdale - he travels a lot). All three of them have had MANY MANY situations where I have called and left multiple voice mails to them and they have never received them OR they receive them 1-2 weeks later. I just can't tolerate that if that is a normal sprint situation. That is my big hold back.

Can any of you speak to that and help me learn if these are isolated situations or if they are the norm? ...snip...
    1-2 WEEKS??? Are you KIDDING? You've got to be. I've never heard of such a thing (on ANY carrier). Your friends must be pulling your leg (or they just didn't want to talk to you, and that was their excuse for not getting back to you in a timely manner ).

IF I happen to be out of coverage when someone calls me I have ALWAYS gotten my messages as soon as I get back in coverage (within seconds, I'm notified of voicemail). I've been in various parts of Florida (from Pensacola to Miami) and had no problems with coverage. Your mileage may vary. I can't speak on Tennessee.

But any way you look at it, the only way you're going to know for sure is to TRY it. You've got 30 days to make up your mind with Sprint and you can return the phone and cancel the service without penalty if it doesn't meet your needs. That should be plenty of time to assess the coverage in the places you frequent and even some that you don't.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I Knew someone would say that. ...but these are good friends who were wondering why I had not called....so I know it's the case. I can't understand how that could be on any service...but I know it to be a fact.

You're mostly correct - but how would I know I'm not receiving my calls? I can give it a try, but also want to know if others are experiencing this type problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNTreoUser View Post
    I Knew someone would say that. ...but these are good friends who were wondering why I had not called....so I know it's the case. I can't understand how that could be on any service...but I know it to be a fact.

You're mostly correct - but how would I know I'm not receiving my calls? I can give it a try, but also want to know if others are experiencing this type problem.
    Well, as I said, I've never heard of such a problem (with Sprint or anyone else), but if you do decide to try it, you could get yourself a Google Voice account (free) and use the visual voicemail portion of it. Just forward your unanswered calls (conditional call forwarding--which is free) to your Google voicemail and you'll get notifications of voicemail via text or email. That way, you'll KNOW if someone called even if you're out of coverage.

(I use Google Voice for that purpose because I don't have reception in my workplace due to it being a secure site. So I get notified via email whenever someone leaves me a voicemail on my cell. I can listen to the message from my computer or I can call my GV voicemail box from my office phone to listen to the message.)

With that option, you'll be able to tell if you're missing calls. Where there is a will, there is a way.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I remember looking at Verizon at one time, when all I really wanted was to make phone calls and get my POP3 email on the phone. With Tmobile, I could get email for $4.99/month on top of the phone cost. With Verizon, my only option was to add a $29.99 data plan that included text messaging, MMS, Internet, the whole ball of wax. There were no other options for what I wanted. With AT&T, you get the same situation if you want an iPhone, you have to have a data plan, no ifs, ands, or buts. Sure there are ways around it, but that can be too time consuming unless you're a techno-geek, and I prefer to keep my electronics as close to stock as I can. It would be interesting for someone like Consumer Reports to do a top-to-bottom comparision of the cell providers and see what an independant organization has to say about them. Needless to say, we are all most likely biased towards the company that we currently using.

Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Correct. When comparing apples to apples for service (compare the 1500 minute plans not a 1500 to a 700) Sprint is definitely less expensive. However, if you don't need all the "built" in features of Sprint for all of your lines then you may find VZ to be less expensive. There is no generalization other than as a direct comparison for features Sprint is less expensive on the Pre required plans.

I don't know about roaming 3G on VZ in Pittsburgh as I almost constantly have a Sprint signal, plus I have a tower about .1 miles from my house - excellent signal
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Thanks...good idea.
    Global Posts
    288 Global Posts
    That is one thing different about Verizion is the different plans required for smart phones. Makes it confusing to make a correct choice. I was looking at them because they looked cheaper that AT&T but in the end they are just as expensive, when you add in the required data pack for smart phones.
    My guess is that Sprint looked at what other companies were doing, and that is what prompted them to go with the "Simply Everything" concept. There is a sticker shock aspect to it, but once you compare them to the other vendors, it really isn't that bad. You don't have to wade through all the various plans and options to get what you want. It seems to be paying off for them. Also the Any Mobile Anytime still hasn't been matched by any other company. Maybe there is some method to their madness.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunrph View Post
    That is one thing different about Verizion is the different plans required for smart phones. Makes it confusing to make a correct choice. I was looking at them because they looked cheaper that AT&T but in the end they are just as expensive, when you add in the required data pack for smart phones.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    288 Global Posts
    Just signed up for Sprint with a Pre. Will be a trial to see how good of service I get for the following month. I used the previous post for the Employee referral Everything Plus program. It worked so far like a charm. I'm gonna be saving around $50 per month vs AT&T. Now I'll let my wife play with the Pre, hopefully it will win her over off of her iPhone. If not she will be on the iPhone with her own plan at AT&T by herself.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrph View Post
    Just signed up for Sprint with a Pre. Will be a trial to see how good of service I get for the following month. I used the previous post for the Employee referral Everything Plus program. It worked so far like a charm. I'm gonna be saving around $50 per month vs AT&T. Now I'll let my wife play with the Pre, hopefully it will win her over off of her iPhone. If not she will be on the iPhone with her own plan at AT&T by herself.
    If she does stay with AT&T, make sure she has enough minutes; remember, her calls to and from you will be out-of-network! With Sprint's Any Mobile Any Time, you don't have to worry!
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Thanks for all this info...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post
    Torourke, I just left Verizon this morning for Sprint. It boils down to one thing: money. I was paying $138/month for 2 lines on VZW and this is even with my State employee discount.

On VZW our plan was:
    700 minutes shared
    500 text messages outside of network ($10 extra per line)
    Data plan on one phone $30

Now on Sprint:
    1600 Shared Minutes
    Unlimited texts, mobile to mobile calls (on any carrier), Unlimited data on both phones
    $109.99

Now I will say (and I knew this going in) that VZW's service is the best as far as signal. However, Sprint isn't that much worse in my area, and I can put up with a disruption here or there to save almost $400 a year.
    I can tell anyone that has any doubt about sprints coverage ,it is just as good as Atts or VZs. I drive a truck over the road and have tried all three cariers,my decision came down to who gives my the most for the least amount and sprint is it. I have $99.99 unlimited EVERYTHING plan and happy as hell with it.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345