Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Sprint is cheaper apples to apples.

However, if the OP doesn't need all the features that are included in the Sprint deal, since Sprint doesn't cafeteria their plans anymore, it is very likely you can find a cheaper deal on Verizon or AT&T.

Sprint may be cheaper but they do "force" certain features that you may not use.

Evaluate on your own, each website is very easy to use or call customer service, they will tell you what your cost would be.

Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    It's free for a second line and each line after two is $20 per line.

My average bill with 5 lines on the Family Everything Data - 1500 Shared Anytime Minutes with Sprint is just over $200. I have the $7 insurance on all 5 lines and I get a 15% discount.
    isn't that kinda what i said? 129 for 2 lines. Each line after that is 20

Quote Originally Posted by pattavino View Post
    Ok if you think that was mean, then check this out. This is a Palm Pre web site, If you want a Pre or Pixie than your only choice is SPRINT for now, I dont believe a specific date has been announced for other carriers. Once the pre hits Verizon they will probably make everybody go with their everything data plan, just like Sprint, because of the integrated features of the phone. You wont be able to pick and choose features or plans. This alone should make the plan $ much more than Sprint. If you still feel uncomfortable talk to Verizon and ask them what they think the minimum plan will be for the Pre.
    EWW that would just suck period! 129 for unlimited everything per phone!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    isn't that kinda what i said? 129 for 2 lines. Each line after that is 20

My bad, I guess you did. I just missread it.
    My bad, I guess you did. I just missread it.
    no biggie i was just worried my written words got confusing
    Quote Originally Posted by pattavino View Post
    Ok if you think that was mean, then check this out. This is a Palm Pre web site, If you want a Pre or Pixie than your only choice is SPRINT for now, I dont believe a specific date has been announced for other carriers. Once the pre hits Verizon they will probably make everybody go with their everything data plan, just like Sprint, because of the integrated features of the phone. You wont be able to pick and choose features or plans. This alone should make the plan $ much more than Sprint. If you still feel uncomfortable talk to Verizon and ask them what they think the minimum plan will be for the Pre.
    Dude, chill. The OP is asking real questions here. He clearly stated that he knows the Pre is not on Verizon yet, and is asking whether or not he should wait or just hop on sprint. So how about being helpful, rather than just insulting the OP?

K, thx.

@OP, as far as I know, Sprint has the better deals when it comes to data phones. Actually, in the past Sprint has always been on the low end and came up with amazing new deals. They were the first to offer unlimited plans. So my guess is that they will cut prices again in the future. If you are worried about service in your home, you can always get an Airave too.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    It's free for a second line and each line after two is $20 per line.

My average bill with 5 lines on the Family Everything Data - 1500 Shared Anytime Minutes with Sprint is just over $200. I have the $7 insurance on all 5 lines and I get a 15% discount.
    wow that's pretty good...
    Everything Plus™ Data Family - with Any Mobile, AnytimeSM

Introducing Any Mobile, Anytime, forget about restrictive calling circles. Our Everything Data plans give you unlimited data, messages and calls to any mobile, anytime while on the Sprint Network. That’s access to over 250 million U.S. mobile phones nationwide.
    This plan includes

* Any Mobile, Anytime: Unlimited domestic calls from the Sprint network to and from ANY U.S. mobile phone regardless of carrier. Any network, any time.
    * Unlimited data: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Music Premier, TV Premier, NFL Mobile Live and NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
    * Unlimited messaging: Text, pictures and video
    * Talk: Night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges
    * Lines 1-2 included. Lines 3-5 are $14.99/mo./line
    1600 mins $109.99

Everything Plus Referral Program Shoppers Private Store

now thats a nice family plan..i had it a few months ago.. but since changed back to 2 sero 500 for wife and daughter 30 bucks each,
    and my Everything Plus Referral 500 for 59 a month..which is 5 bucks cheaper than the above a month..but if my wife wants a pre later might switch to it again..

verizon is kinda expensive.. not to mention the 350 etf...ouch.. but im not saying one is better than the other.. sprint works for me.and with the money i save thats more cash at the end of the year for my girls xmas..
  8.    #28  
    Thanks for all the responses...looks like sprint is ahead in a lot of areas...minutes, true unlimited mobile to mobile talking and texting, price--feature for feature...

Though verizon, if you don't need as many minutes and don't need navigation, has plans that are comparable in price (though not all features--as previously stated)...For me, based on the maps, I know that where I live verizon's coverage is generally better than sprint's, but I don't know what the means in terms of day to day use/experience. I might have to pony up for the phone on sprint, and if the coverage is good, than life will be good.

If not, I'll have to carve out the cheapest verizon plan I can get.
    You can always open an account with Sprint & try it. If the coverage doesn't suit your needs, then just cancel before the first 30 days are up without incurring an ETF. No harm, no foul mate.
    Torourke, I just left Verizon this morning for Sprint. It boils down to one thing: money. I was paying $138/month for 2 lines on VZW and this is even with my State employee discount.

On VZW our plan was:
    700 minutes shared
    500 text messages outside of network ($10 extra per line)
    Data plan on one phone $30

Now on Sprint:
    1600 Shared Minutes
    Unlimited texts, mobile to mobile calls (on any carrier), Unlimited data on both phones
    $109.99

Now I will say (and I knew this going in) that VZW's service is the best as far as signal. However, Sprint isn't that much worse in my area, and I can put up with a disruption here or there to save almost $400 a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post
    Torourke, I just left Verizon this morning for Sprint. It boils down to one thing: money. I was paying $138/month for 2 lines on VZW and this is even with my State employee discount.

On VZW our plan was:
    700 minutes shared
    500 text messages outside of network ($10 extra per line)
    Data plan on one phone $30

Now on Sprint:
    1600 Shared Minutes
    Unlimited texts, mobile to mobile calls (on any carrier), Unlimited data on both phones
    $109.99

Now I will say (and I knew this going in) that VZW's service is the best as far as signal. However, Sprint isn't that much worse in my area, and I can put up with a disruption here or there to save almost $400 a year.
    Can someone give me a link to this 1600 shared minutes plan for 109.99. All I can find is the 1500 minute one for $129.99.

Quote Originally Posted by torourke View Post
    Thanks for all the responses...looks like sprint is ahead in a lot of areas...minutes, true unlimited mobile to mobile talking and texting, price--feature for feature...

Though verizon, if you don't need as many minutes and don't need navigation, has plans that are comparable in price (though not all features--as previously stated)...For me, based on the maps, I know that where I live verizon's coverage is generally better than sprint's, but I don't know what the means in terms of day to day use/experience. I might have to pony up for the phone on sprint, and if the coverage is good, than life will be good.

If not, I'll have to carve out the cheapest verizon plan I can get.
    The problem with verizon is that data is 30/line. So on top of your cheap 700 plan, plus 500 text per line, you gotta pay 60 bucks a month just to have data. That'll past 130 bucks pretty quickly. Now that nice thing about Sprint, is that it actually roams on Verizon as well. I personally don't have issues with Sprint's coverage in my area, but it is something to keep in mind if you're considering switching though. But, to be honest, go get a Pre, give it a 30 day test drive, and see how it goes. If you like it, port your number over, and be a happy camper. Oh, and you also get one year upgrades on your primary line(compared to waiting two years on Verizon). Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post
    Thank you so much!!

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Can someone give me a link to this 1600 shared minutes plan for 109.99. All I can find is the 1500 minute one for $129.99.
    Yes! I'd like to know too. I switched from Verizon to Sprint over the weekend under my wife's account and she had a single line account previously. We chose the Family Everything Data plan and it was 1500 min with unlimited data for 129.99.

FWIW, when I was contemplating the switch, I was researching the different plans I would need if I decided to stay with Verizon. It didn't look that good because they (Verizon) have different rates between smart phone plans and dumb phone plans with the smart phone plans being more expensive. Besides my wife was already locked into Sprint for a couple more years.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesphx View Post
    Yes! I'd like to know too. I switched from Verizon to Sprint over the weekend under my wife's account and she had a single line account previously. We chose the Family Everything Data plan and it was 1500 min with unlimited data for 129.99. ...
    Dare I point out the obvious and say that you need only to have looked at the post directly above your own to have gotten your answer?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Dare I point out the obvious and say that you need only to have looked at the post directly above your own to have gotten your answer?
    must have posted right around the time I hit the submit button
    I am sure the answer is no. but does anyone know if i can switch to a EPRP plan if i am already on contract with the regular 1500 unlmt family plan?? i am past the 30 day period, so i cannot cancel. but the $109 and +$15 per line sounds so good..
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    @Stryker412:

So, I was added as a new line on my wife's account over the weekend. She switched from a single line everything data to Family Share everything data. How do I go about applying this to our account? To further complicate things, I would also like to do a Transfer of Liability from her to me. Would this still be possible?
    Sorry I have no idea, you'll have to call Sprint. I just joined Sprint two weeks ago so I'm no guru.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast