Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    just got my replacement airave this morning and it looks completeley different, seems as if they redesigned the unit and alittle tip they packed the gps external sensor in the top of the actual unit itself under a removable lid...

The first pic, the new unit is on the left,
    The second pic its on the right, as you can see its larger and beefier ...
    The leds are also alot more vivid and brighter ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Impulsebuyer; 12/01/2009 at 02:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    just got my replacement airave this morning and it looks completeley different, seems as if they redesigned the unit and alittle tip they packed the gps external sensor in the top of the actual unit itself under a removable lid
    Does it have a model number or anything, or can you attach a pic (or do both)? My parents have an AirRave and I want to check and see if it's the new one or not. Thanks!

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    wow.. I'm wondering if this the new 3G one... What does the doc. Say?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  4.    #4  
    can post pics later after work, after the airave tech told me to do a default dnz on my old one the thing stopped working and they sent me this, which is the newer version bc I had to call tech again to find out the sensor was inside the airave itself which was even knew to the tech...

sku starts with spdsc if that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    wow.. I'm wondering if this the new 3G one... What does the doc. Say?
    might be 4g. everything in the sprint store here is
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    might be 4g. everything in the sprint store here is
    heres wishing on a broken dream

they should just take the damn GPS off
    I wish it is 3/4G that would be amazing.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    3G would be great for those not able to get High-Speed Net or before I had a phone with wi-fi.
    I just got mine (without the new GPS) from sprint not even a month ago so it must be brand spankin' new.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    they should just take the damn GPS off
    They need the GPS to make sure you're using the device in the US... otherwise it'd be an awesome way to avoid international roaming charges .

Some say it's needed for E-911, but I don't know about that. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $GPS$ $in$ $the$ $phone$ $handles$ $that$. $Though$ $I$ $suppose$ $it$'$s$ $possible$ $that$ $Sprint$ $uses$ $the$ $GPS$ $data$ $to$ $route$ $the$ $call$ $to$ $the$ $proper$ $911$ $call$ $center$.
    I have 2 of the old NON-EVDO ones, does this one finally do EVDO. Sprint said they would beat out Verizon with first FemToCell that does EVDO.
    If this does do EV is there an chance of getting a updated model mine is almost 2 years old.

Follow Me On Twitter
    I would hope and you should too that it does GPS. There have been 2 calls that I have gone on at the firehouse for EMS where the people calling for help could not talk on the phone but by GPS with E-911 we found the people in less then 3 mins. IT could save yours or someone at your home's life.
    I do have EVDO with my new rave
    yo yo kids - somebody with a new rave post some pics and / or email me? dieter@precentral.net . Would love to see evidence that the new 'rave does evdo!
    You know what I love? When I go searching on google for a topic and the most informative links point back to the thread that got me searching in the first place.

Really eager to hear more about this!
    Damn if this is true and does evdo i def want one!
    Yeah I need to see some pics.

Follow Me On Twitter
    Anyone know where I can order two of these for my workplace? I've tried my sprint corporate account manager and their store doesn't carry them, nor does the website..

We have a small office with bad reception.. 2 would be sufficient
  20.    #20  
    pics should be up in an hour or so be patient guys lol as for it being evdo compliant I couldn't say, I just hope it works for starters as I have been airaveless for 2 weeks now... My phone in my apt hasn't been the same since

I will edit the first posting to show the pics so you don't have to read all the way through
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast