Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slydog43 View Post
    I have 2 of the old NON-EVDO ones, does this one finally do EVDO. Sprint said they would beat out Verizon with first FemToCell that does EVDO.
    I could be mistaken, but I do not think sex ("FemToCell") is an aspect of a Femtocell device.
    AIRAVE

New picture is up on the site, but it looks just to be that pic in the title of the page. There is no new info posted up there yet.

http://www.nextel.com/assets/images/...rave_v1_en.jpg
    How does the pricing work exactly to get access to the airave unit. It is $5/mo to have the airave active or is it $5 per line that will have access to the airave?

Let me/us know if 3g works on it too. It would make the lack of wi-fi on the Pixi much more tolerable.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Will be watching this post!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    How does the pricing work exactly to get access to the airave unit. It is $5/mo to have the airave active or is it $5 per line that will have access to the airave?

Let me/us know if 3g works on it too. It would make the lack of wi-fi on the Pixi much more tolerable.
    $5/month/account unless sprint waves it for you
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Samsung to release 3G capable femtocell in first half of 2010

Samsung to release 3G capable femtocell in first half of 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    $5/month/account unless sprint waves it for you
    Cool, looks like I will be getting one of these.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I am excited already.
    Bought Airave a year back when they announced it for public after the Denver Trials. Ever since I am waiting on 3G , so that I get to watch SPRINT TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    You know what I love? When I go searching on google for a topic and the most informative links point back to the thread that got me searching in the first place.

Really eager to hear more about this!
    Google Robots FTW. =P
    Follow Me On

On hold with Airave support as we speak.....they said there is new documentation and he is looking into it...also checking with the Sprint engineers now.

Update: According to the Airave Tech the insides are the same and only the GPS and outer shell are different. No EVDO support.
    Last edited by elder_shawn; 12/01/2009 at 03:09 PM.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
  11.    #31  
    Pics are up on the first page (first post) ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Question is, does it perform better? I'm constantly disconnected from my Airrave in the middle of calls, causing interruptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    Pics are up on the first page (first post) ...
    Now, take your pre, and on the dial pad dial ##33284#. Read to us the the "RSSI" value and "RX Power (IN DBM)". Then, scroll down and read the "Recieve Signal Strength (EV)" and "Receive Power (EVDO).

If the new airave is EVDO compatible, the regular values and the EVDO values should be near the same. If it is not, the EVDO numbers will be higher.
    whats the model number of the new one?
    This looks exactly like the Verizon Network Extender to me

Verizon Network Extender Review (Phone Arena Reviews)

...which leads me to assume that there's no EVDO here. Can we get a confirm?
    I think people are on the phone with sprint techs as we speak. I am waiting to hear back from them.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    The old Airave was end of life with Samsung this is only a new box no EVDO. V uses the same systems that Sprint does for their Femto so that is why they look the same.
    Last edited by bryers01; 12/01/2009 at 04:10 PM.
  18.    #38  
    Glad to see the pictures went to the front page, but unfortunately i can't say anything yet performance wise as the thing won't connect, in talks with airave tech now, possible mac id confusion from older unit (which suddenly stopped connecting to the satellites and thats why a new one was sent over) ... never expected to get the newer version but i'll take it! Will keep this updated and let everyone know how it goes once it turns all blue!
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    i have the older one and i always have the evdo signal. before i had almost no roaming signal to speak of..ideas?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I cant remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure my original rave documents actually said that it only had 1x data... so I'm assuming that this one should have it somewhere in the documentation..?...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast