Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 59
  1. dead78's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
       #1  
    I use the everything 450 plan currently. My fiancee is going to need a new phone soon and I said "hey, why not add her to my plan so she can share my minutes." It turns out that I can't add another line without changing my existing plan, and all of a sudden my monthly charge goes from $69.99 to a minimum of $129.99 a month. They initially tried to get me to commit to a plan that cost $189.98.

    Does this seem insane to anyone else? Why would I ever encourage anyone else to become a Sprint customer.

    Oh, and all of this is because I've got the piece of crap Pre! good times
  2. bnceo's Avatar
    Posts
    533 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    #2  
    You should be able to add another line. However, they might ask y ou to pay more for the phone up front. Since they are subsidizing the phone, they have way too much risk if they charge you only $10 more a month for the additional line.

    I think if you want to add another line to your account, you can, but just gotta pay more for the Pre.

    Search out the Sprint Executive customer service line and go from there.

    And next time you have a complaint, it would help if you ask a bunch of questions as opposed to being counter-productive and ranting/raving your problems.
  3. #3  
    Check around. $129.99 a month for 2 smartphones like the Pre (iPhone, Droid, etc.) with unlimited everything (data, web, text.....) is the best deal from any national carrier. If you qualify for an additoanl discount it's even better (the wife and I have 2 Pres for $99/month).
  4. #4  
    what does this have to do with Palm and the Pre? Look around at any other carrier, and wow guess what...smartphones require data plans...even at ATT with the 9.99 add a line...you want a bb or iphone? tack on $30 for the data....Your complaint is weak and shortsighted. All of that because you want smartphones. Buy her a lg rant and get one yourself. Then you can go back to the feature phone plans.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Check around. $129.99 a month for 2 smartphones like the Pre (iPhone, Droid, etc.) with unlimited everything (data, web, text.....) is the best deal from any national carrier. If you qualify for an additoanl discount it's even better (the wife and I have 2 Pres for $99/month).
    For sure, best deal available thru any carrier.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  6. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #6  
    Sprint is one of the best carriers.
    Price better than competitors
    Good 3G coverage
    Customer support is getting better...
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dead78 View Post
    I use the everything 450 plan currently. My fiancee is going to need a new phone soon and I said "hey, why not add her to my plan so she can share my minutes." It turns out that I can't add another line without changing my existing plan, and all of a sudden my monthly charge goes from $69.99 to a minimum of $129.99 a month. They initially tried to get me to commit to a plan that cost $189.98.

    Does this seem insane to anyone else? Why would I ever encourage anyone else to become a Sprint customer.

    Oh, and all of this is because I've got the piece of crap Pre! good times
    I definitely understand the sticker shock, but it is a data hungry phone. We are lucky in that we get unlimited data at all, lots of carriers outside the US have a 2 GB limit, something I would destroy monthly.

    Maybe this will help. If you you look at it from the angle of if she got the phone on her own it'd be $70 a month, so you are still saving $10 a month on a family plan. You are also getting 1500 minutes instead of 900 with 2 plans. So 2 phones with unlimited text, data, and navigation (usually additional on other carriers), 600 more minutes and saving $10 a month.
  8. dead78's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
       #8  
    nah I don't want her to have a Palm Pre or anything remotely comparable

    just a basic phone with no web browsing or any bells and whistles. I'm prohibited from adding an additional line cheaply because the Pre's plan forces anyone adding additional lines into other very expensive plans, regardless of the features of the phone being added.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dead78 View Post
    nah I don't want her to have a Palm Pre or anything remotely comparable

    just a basic phone with no web browsing or any bells and whistles
    right, so if you are on a everything data plan...you have to give her everything and data. Open a single line for her, $39.99 for 450mins. Your beef is with sprint, you want the great pricing of a everything data plan for your primary line, but you also want to add a feature phone and have sprint reimburse you for the features she wont use?. Cant very well do that on a Everything data plan because its everything and data...kinda makes sense when you think about it doesn't it?
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 11/30/2009 at 02:34 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  10. dead78's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Your beef is with sprint, you want the great pricing of a everything data plan for your primary line, but you also want to add a feature phone and have sprint reimburse you for the features she wont use?
    no, and if you'd read my prior message, you'd realize that I'm trying to add a phone than can do almost nothing more than make calls.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dead78 View Post
    no, and if you'd read my prior message, you'd realize that I'm trying to add a phone than can do almost nothing more than make calls.
    if you read my post, you would see that the plan you are on requires those options on all lines on the family plan. Not rocket science....just cellphone plans. If you don't want the options, select a calling plan like the 450 talk for 39.99 and bingo! you don't have to pay for the stuff she wont use! Sprint is not Ala carte.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  12. djmcgee's Avatar
    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dead78 View Post
    nah I don't want her to have a Palm Pre or anything remotely comparable

    just a basic phone with no web browsing or any bells and whistles. I'm prohibited from adding an additional line cheaply because the Pre's plan forces anyone adding additional lines into other very expensive plans, regardless of the features of the phone being added.
    Had the same problem when I added my kids. Wife and I have Pre's and the kids have feature phones. Guess what, they also get data and instead of 9.99 per month per line they are 19.99 per month per line. That is the price of having data on my line. This is a Sprint issue in regards to smart phones and required data plans.

    Rant all you want but at least target the correct entity and Palm is not at fault here.
  13. dead78's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Rant all you want but at least target the correct entity and Palm is not at fault here.
    I never said a word about Palm...I listed the Pre because that's the phone I have and Sprint created these plans for use with - guess what - the Palm Pre. It doesn't seem unreasonable to you that there isn't some cheaper alternative?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dead78 View Post
    nah I don't want her to have a Palm Pre or anything remotely comparable

    just a basic phone with no web browsing or any bells and whistles. I'm prohibited from adding an additional line cheaply because the Pre's plan forces anyone adding additional lines into other very expensive plans, regardless of the features of the phone being added.
    Sprint is prohibiting you. Another entitlement post? Your entitled to add a line as cheaply as you want it because? Your plan does not allow phones without everything and data. You made the bed. Sweet dreams!

    oh and I am pretty sure the everything plans came out well before the palm pre. At att you would be looking at 69.99 for a 700min family plan, 20 for unlimited txt on 1 line, 30 for smartphone data and 10 for navigation. That adds up to drum roll please.....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dead78 View Post
    I never said a word about Palm...I listed the Pre because that's the phone I have and Sprint created these plans for use with - guess what - the Palm Pre.
    That's not true at all. The push for Everything plans began well before the Pre was even on the horizon.

    Anyway, just add her on a 39.99/450 plan, like everyone else is saying, and stop whining. You're not going to find a cheaper offer for data/messaging plans from a national postpaid carrier, so I don't understand why you think anyone is going to be sympathetic.
  16. dead78's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
       #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    You're not going to find a cheaper offer for data/messaging plans from a national postpaid carrier, so I don't understand why you think anyone is going to be sympathetic.
    don't want data either but we're just going in circles at this point

    I guess I'll confine myself to threads that aren't peopled exclusively by Sprint employees
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by dead78 View Post
    I never said a word about Palm...I listed the Pre because that's the phone I have and Sprint created these plans for use with - guess what - the Palm Pre. It doesn't seem unreasonable to you that there isn't some cheaper alternative?

    allow me to correct you,

    Quote Originally Posted by dead78 View Post
    I never said a word about Palm...I listed the Pre because that's the SMART-phone I have and Sprint created these plans for use with - guess what - all Smart Phones. It doesn't seem unreasonable to you that there isn't some cheaper alternative?
    so if you have a smartphone with sprint (or most other carriers, like verizon when i was with them) you cannot just add a regular flip phone to a smartphone plan.

    and i agree, they could figure out a way to make this work, and its silly that carriers don't.

    pre owners, aren't specifically "screwed" in any way compared to any other smartphone.
    There are four lights.
  18. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #18  
    your complaining about sprint here's a quick look at big red plans using there plan builder. So as you can see even with the sprint plan you get more for less yet some how sprint is a rip off
    Attached Images Attached Images
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by dead78 View Post
    I use the everything 450 plan currently. My fiancee is going to need a new phone soon and I said "hey, why not add her to my plan so she can share my minutes." It turns out that I can't add another line without changing my existing plan, and all of a sudden my monthly charge goes from $69.99 to a minimum of $129.99 a month. They initially tried to get me to commit to a plan that cost $189.98.

    Does this seem insane to anyone else? Why would I ever encourage anyone else to become a Sprint customer.

    Oh, and all of this is because I've got the piece of crap Pre! good times
    Do your homework and price out the plans on other carriers. You are getting a deal for two smartphones with 1500 minutes a month, unlimited data text, and pic mail... Not to mention Sprint now has free calling to ANY other mobile phone no matter of the carrier.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    allow me to correct you,



    so if you have a smartphone with sprint (or most other carriers, like verizon when i was with them) you cannot just add a regular flip phone to a smartphone plan.

    and i agree, they could figure out a way to make this work, and its silly that carriers don't.

    pre owners, aren't specifically "screwed" in any way compared to any other smartphone.
    Carriers are making their rent on data and other features. Sprint more so with their any mobile any time feature. They can't back down from smartphone pricing. Seriously, if people don't want those features....unfortunately the carriers are looking at them as a lame duck. Throw in the subsidy and i bet they are loosing $$$ on feature phones....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions