Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59
  1. djmcgee's Avatar
    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Ninjas View Post
    Do your homework and price out the plans on other carriers. You are getting a deal for two smartphones with 1500 minutes a month, unlimited data text, and pic mail... Not to mention Sprint now has free calling to ANY other mobile phone no matter of the carrier.
    Of course, remember that the any mobile any time deal is with the everything data plan or above. She wouldn't qualify if he goes with two different plans (his and hers).
  2. Huff's Avatar
    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    #22  
    My wife and I have had a shared minutes plan with Treo 650's and later Treo 755P's. While we shared minutes I was able to get unlimited data on just mine for $7.50 (2nd line was 1/2 price options). Then I got a Pre.

    Sprint would not allow me to keep the same plan with data on my Pre and my wifes without data and shared minutes. I had data just fine on my Treo 755P and wanted to keep everything just the same and swap my 755P for a Pre. No can do. Sprint said I had to get the Everything Data plan which means my wife's line gets all the features even though she has zero use for data.

    We were paying $99/month for 1500 shared minutes, unlimited texts and picture mail on both lines, unlimited data on mine. Now its $129 to get us the same thing but with data on hers that she never uses. Thats a bit steep of an increase for the Pre.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by dead78 View Post
    don't want data either but we're just going in circles at this point

    I guess I'll confine myself to threads that aren't peopled exclusively by Sprint employees
    Just because people aren't telling you what you want to hear doesn't make them Sprint employees. We are merely informed Pre users that have done our homework and know what is available.

    As has already been said numerous times in this thread, you can get her a $39.99 450min TALK plan--No data, no text, just TALK. No one is going in circles about this except you by refusing to acknowledge the option that you've been given. You may not like the option, but that doesn't make it any less valid or a bad deal in post-paid plans.

    If you think you're going to find a better deal anywhere else I'd like to see it. The fact is, you currently have a smartphone plan designed to give you Everything. If you don't want to pay for your fiancee to be on a smartphone plan with you then you have options for a basic plan for her.

    What is so hard to understand about that?
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  4. #24  
    One fact you may want to consider...phone carriers are phone carriers. Your rant is unnecessary. For a smartphone, sprint has the best priced plans. You cant expect to add her to any everything plan and expect them to limit just HER line to no data, web, etc. I dont get why you say that we're all Sprint Employees. Because you sit here and rant based on your lack of knowledge and we sit and tell you facts based on....well facts. Sprints everything is the most reasonably priced. If you want something less expensive and dont mind going to a provider with less converage then go to tmobile. They have inexpensive plans. I dont know why youd want to pay anything more anyways for just a phone to make calls. Check out Tmobile. But I guess that makes me a Tmobile employee now?
  5. Huff's Avatar
    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    If you don't want to pay for your fiancee to be on a smartphone plan with you then you have options for a basic plan for her.

    What is so hard to understand about that?
    You're missing the point. The price increase on the new plans is substantial. My plan HAD unlimited Data on one line, Unlimited Texts and Unlimited Picture Mail, 1500 SHARED minutes etc on both lines. Swapping one Smartphone (Treo 755P) for another (Pre) costs me $29/month more. Thats a substantial increase for the same service I already had. Didn't need any other features the new plan has.
  6. #26  
    I think its a simple as you have been misinforme. Last time I check sprint had a1500min for $89.95 that included 1 additional line. And every line is another $19.95. But I am not certain but they may have langauge for adding a line to your 450min
  7. #27  
    You can also add a plan for 200 minutes for 29.99 a month, why not do that
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Huff View Post
    You're missing the point. The price increase on the new plans is substantial. My plan HAD unlimited Data on one line, Unlimited Texts and Unlimited Picture Mail, 1500 SHARED minutes etc on both lines. Swapping one Smartphone (Treo 755P) for another (Pre) costs me $29/month more. Thats a substantial increase for the same service I already had. Didn't need any other features the new plan has.
    And you're missing the point that the pricing of Sprint's new plans all occurred BEFORE the Pre was launched and had nothing to do with the Pre, itself. It had everything to do with Sprint's bottom line and trying to streamline their plans/pricing. You said you "didn't need any other features the new plan has"... Key point: there are additional features that the new plans do provide, and you expect Sprint to just provide them to you for free just because you say you don't need them? If that's the case, then keep your old phone and don't switch plans.

    If I'm hearing you correctly, you want Sprint to maintain plans that don't support ALL of the features of their latest phones and allow you to stay on those old plans while denying Sprint the revenue to support the added infrastructure to support the new phones?

    Well, there are new plans. That's what carriers do from time to time. Is it advantageous to everyone? Nope. Is it the best deal compared to everyone else's plans? Yup.

    This is an old argument that people continue to have regarding cell companies and their plans. People want to hold onto their legacy plans that they got years ago and want those plans to be maintained forever. Well, that's not the world we live in. And no company that expects to stay competitive is going to be able to maintain legacy policies/infrastructure forever.

    Prices go up from time to time (along with inflation and the cost of living). I'll bet that if you didn't get your cost-of-living raise each year you'd be up in arms about it. Cell companies are in business to make money. If you don't care for their plans you can vote with your feet and go to a competitor. That's the beauty of a free enterprise system. (But don't think the grass is any greener elsewhere. I looked. It isn't.)

    I'm just amazed at the sense of entitlement that people spew on these boards, as if these companies OWE us something. We pay for a service. They provide that service. It's a utility. Just like power or water. We don't get to dictate HOW they deliver it. They just have to deliver it. They either do or we go elsewhere. Pretty simple.

    Chalk it up to the cost of owning a smartphone and being able to use it to its potential. If you want to pinch pennies then perhaps a smartphone isn't for you (or the OP).
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  9. Huff's Avatar
    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    And you're missing the point that the pricing of Sprint's new plans all occurred BEFORE the Pre was launched and had nothing to do with the Pre, itself. It had everything to do with Sprint's bottom line and trying to streamline their plans/pricing. You said you "didn't need any other features the new plan has"... Key point: there are additional features that the new plans do provide, and you expect Sprint to just provide them to you for free just because you say you don't need them? If that's the case, then keep your old phone and don't switch plans.

    If I'm hearing you correctly, you want Sprint to maintain plans that don't support ALL of the features of their latest phones and allow you to stay on those old plans while denying Sprint the revenue to support the added infrastructure to support the new phones?
    Again YOU miss the point. I have been with Sprint since its inception back in the 1990's. I have changed phones and features numerous times and had the ability to keep the SAME plan EVERY SINGLE time unless I wanted some new feature regardless of phones abilities. In some cases I agreed to a new plan at MY option. My wife has a Smartphone and Sprint gladly allowed her to NOT have a data plan and share minutes with mine that does. To answer your question, NO, I am not asking Sprint to provide services for free. I only want my SAME plan just as I had it before. No changes at all to my plan. For over 10 years Sprint allowed you to change phones and keep the same plan. If your phone had abilities not provided by the plan then you either lacked those abilities or they were at substiantial costs such as per kb for data, per text, per picture etc.

    The gripe is the change in Sprint policy to keep existing plans if you so desire. They did from DAY 1 of Sprint PCS until now.
  10. Huff's Avatar
    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    I'm just amazed at the sense of entitlement that people spew on these boards, as if these companies OWE us something. We pay for a service. They provide that service. It's a utility. Just like power or water. We don't get to dictate HOW they deliver it. They just have to deliver it. They either do or we go elsewhere. Pretty simple.

    Chalk it up to the cost of owning a smartphone and being able to use it to its potential. If you want to pinch pennies then perhaps a smartphone isn't for you (or the OP).
    Nobody is looking for something for free. My wife uses her Palm smartphone because of the Apps she needs to use. She has no use for data and Sprint has provided the service she and I need for our phones for many many years. Please tell me what entitlement I am wanting for free? I want my same plan with same features, nothing more, nothing less. Since the early days of Smartphones years ago Sprint did not require Smartphone owners to pay for any service they did not want or use. Now they do. Thats the change thats at issue.
  11. #31  
    holy crap you guys are *******... honestly, quit jumping on the guy.

    EDIT: What? How is f.a.n.b.o.i. a swearword that needs to be censored?
    Last edited by tilman; 11/30/2009 at 04:51 PM. Reason: weird word filter
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Huff View Post
    Again YOU miss the point. I have been with Sprint since its inception back in the 1990's. I have changed phones and features numerous times and had the ability to keep the SAME plan EVERY SINGLE time unless I wanted some new feature regardless of phones abilities. In some cases I agreed to a new plan at MY option. My wife has a Smartphone and Sprint gladly allowed her to NOT have a data plan and share minutes with mine that does. To answer your question, NO, I am not asking Sprint to provide services for free. I only want my SAME plan just as I had it before. No changes at all to my plan. For over 10 years Sprint allowed you to change phones and keep the same plan. If your phone had abilities not provided by the plan then you either lacked those abilities or they were at substiantial costs such as per kb for data, per text, per picture etc.

    The gripe is the change in Sprint policy to keep existing plans if you so desire. They did from DAY 1 of Sprint PCS until now.
    The change in policy IS my point. You don't like it. Fair enough, but my point is that Sprint has every right to make that change. You feel entitled to keep your old plan and continue to upgrade to new phones. That's the sense of entitlement that I see floating around these boards.

    As I said before, if you don't like the plans/policies, vote with your feet. No one is stopping you. Just because something has been a certain way for X number of years doesn't mean it HAS to stay that way. This isn't 10 years ago. It isn't the same market. I won't pretend to understand Sprint's economics on the matter, but I will defend their right to change their policies in accordance with their terms of service, just as I'll defend YOUR right to disagree with me or those terms.

    I don't work for Sprint or any other carrier, but I do work in information technology and understand a little about what it takes to support legacy systems when you're trying to transition to more advanced services. Somebody always gets the short end of the stick in such matters, but companies have to do what is necessary.

    If/when I can no longer live with such decisions, I will leave Sprint as a customer. You have the same option.
  13. Huff's Avatar
    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    The change in policy IS my point. You don't like it. Fair enough, but my point is that Sprint has every right to make that change. You feel entitled to keep your old plan and continue to upgrade to new phones.
    Um, you got it wrong!! Sure Sprint has every right to do as they please just as I have every right to let them know their change sucks. I've already switched my corporate phones from Sprint partly because of their policy changes. When a company makes a bad product I am 'ENTITLED" to voice my opinions whether you like it or not. I do not have to just suck up and like whatever is dished out.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Huff View Post
    Um, you got it wrong!! Sure Sprint has every right to do as they please just as I have every right to let them know their change sucks. I've already switched my corporate phones from Sprint partly because of their policy changes. When a company makes a bad product I am 'ENTITLED" to voice my opinions whether you like it or not. I do not have to just suck up and like whatever is dished out.
    I never said that you were not entitled to any opinion of yours. What I said was that people feel an entitlement to their legacy plans. That's what I was referring to, and ALL I was referring to.

    But twist it however you like if it makes you feel better. It's not a big deal to me.
  15. #35  
    for the record. I work for ATT. The truth is that as cellphones evolve and do more, they will cost more. Even if you swear you wont use the features, the carriers build their networks for the features that make them the most ARPU. Data and Messaging are the kings of revenue right now. Wouldnt it be cheaper to just go payg with her voice only phone anyways?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Huff View Post
    Again YOU miss the point. I have been with Sprint since its inception back in the 1990's. I have changed phones and features numerous times and had the ability to keep the SAME plan EVERY SINGLE time unless I wanted some new feature regardless of phones abilities. In some cases I agreed to a new plan at MY option. My wife has a Smartphone and Sprint gladly allowed her to NOT have a data plan and share minutes with mine that does. To answer your question, NO, I am not asking Sprint to provide services for free. I only want my SAME plan just as I had it before. No changes at all to my plan. For over 10 years Sprint allowed you to change phones and keep the same plan. If your phone had abilities not provided by the plan then you either lacked those abilities or they were at substiantial costs such as per kb for data, per text, per picture etc.

    The gripe is the change in Sprint policy to keep existing plans if you so desire. They did from DAY 1 of Sprint PCS until now.
    They cannot keep that up. It kills them. Retaining Customers by allowing them to keep old plans that lock in a small source of revenue but to also allow them access to the same subsidies a new customer would get is a losing battle. They will be spending more on keeping old customers by loss of new revenue than they would if the customer walked away because they have to change their plan.... Everyother carrier puts restrictions on grandfathered plans....to expect sprint to do the same is to say you dont care if sprint is around in 10 years. I do.

    Att allows grandfathered plans...but try and upgrade or add a line...guess what...you will have to change plans at somepoint. Try and buy a smartphone...data is mandatory. I talk to people almost everyday that say "sprint is so much more cheaper than increasing my mins for the whole family when i dont need to...I just want to add a line"....All i can say is "you plan is so old you cannot add additional lines, if you want to you will have to increase you plan to the plans currently available"
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 11/30/2009 at 08:30 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  17. Huff's Avatar
    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    I never said that you were not entitled to any opinion of yours. What I said was that people feel an entitlement to their legacy plans. That's what I was referring to, and ALL I was referring to.

    But twist it however you like if it makes you feel better. It's not a big deal to me.

    Not sure what people you are talking about. Why is it that when people voice their opinion on a change they do not like they're labeled as an entitlement whiner expecting something for nothing as was the case here? I'm certainly not expecting anything. I've stayed with Sprint for over 10 years because of the policy they've had. They now have changed that and it sucks!! No twisting at all!!
  18. Huff's Avatar
    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    All i can say is "you plan is so old you cannot add additional lines, if you want to you will have to increase you plan to the plans currently available"[/B]
    I agree with that. If you have a plan that is not shared minutes then you can't add a line and a new plan is needed. I agree that the OP needs to do so.

    But my complaint with Sprint isn't the same. I wish to keep the exact same service I have had, same minutes, same data, same texts, exactly the same service and I cannot. All of my Treos are Smartphones so I am not going from a feature phone to a Smartphone.

    Verizon does allow you to have a Smartphone without data. Just that a Verizon store or dealer can't activate it that way. All one has to do is activate themselves or remove data service after activation. Been there, done that. That allows a family to have a shared minute plan with some phones data and others not regardless of the phones involved.

    In the end it depends on what service families want and match it to the provider. It is looking more and more as if Sprint isn't the choice for my family as it has been for over 10 years.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Huff View Post
    I agree with that. If you have a plan that is not shared minutes then you can't add a line and a new plan is needed. I agree that the OP needs to do so.

    But my complaint with Sprint isn't the same. I wish to keep the exact same service I have had, same minutes, same data, same texts, exactly the same service and I cannot. All of my Treos are Smartphones so I am not going from a feature phone to a Smartphone.

    Verizon does allow you to have a Smartphone without data. Just that a Verizon store or dealer can't activate it that way. All one has to do is activate themselves or remove data service after activation. Been there, done that. That allows a family to have a shared minute plan with some phones data and others not regardless of the phones involved.

    In the end it depends on what service families want and match it to the provider. It is looking more and more as if Sprint isn't the choice for my family as it has been for over 10 years.
    Your end result is that you are going to end up paying more and finding that every service provider is going to do what you feel Sprint is doing to you now. They will all tell you what you want, get you locked in, and then screw you. Its the way of the game with all of them. Only difference is some have higher termination fees than others now. You feel slighted by Sprint, wait until you deal with another company. Truth is, no company anymore will do what youre hoping for and provide you with a reasonable price. Do the research online and in store. If you find a company that will provide YOU with the unlimited service YOU have, AND the talk you need for your significant other at a price LESS than Sprint, please let me know. Im not a Sprint employee. If you find a better deal with the same provided coverage, well please let us all know. Until then, you mite as well say "Yet another way cell phone customers get screwed", not "yet another way Pre customers get screwed". Realistically, if you had a valid point what you are describing wouldnt be described as a pre customer issue, but rather a "smartphone" customer issue. If you reply without doing further research on cell phone provider pricing and research than I would recommend posting on a SPRINT site. I hope you find what you seek
  20. Huff's Avatar
    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    #40  
    It is true that the issues discussed on this thread aren't a Pre issue specifically but more of a Sprint issue. However, Sprint changed it's policies with the Pre/Pixi in mind and thus mainly effect Pre owners. Sprint does not have the same policy for other Smartphones such as the Treo.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions