Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    Anyone bought a Pre from Amazon this last weekend?

    I purchased mine last Friday to take advantage of the $80 Pre + waived activation. My order still shows "Not Yet Shipped." I contacted Amazon and they said the wait was due to the Sprint credit check. It's been 5 days. I sent another question to customer support telling them I'd contacted support before and asked if we could get a hold of Sprint, or if I needed to buy my phone elsewhere. Nothing back.

    Anyone else having this issue?

    Cheers,
    Charlie
  2. #2  
    Nope mine came right away. I even used a billing address different from my credit card (porting an old number) and it didn't get held up...
  3. #3  
    I ordered the Pixi off of Amazon, and my Sprint confirmation came 5-10 minutes after I ordered it. I would give Sprint a call again.
  4.    #4  
    I cancelled my order.

    I did some research here on the forums and after reading about Sprint's policy on roaming I was amazed. I spent about 20 minutes chatting with Sprint and they said that unlike every other network out there that has no-roaming (ever!) on their national plans, they still charge roaming in specific places. I was floored. Every other major provider has no roaming since around 4-5 years ago. Sprint is stupid in this respect, and Palm is ignorant to put their device on this failing company's network. I really like the device, but after reading so many horror stories about roaming issues, I'm not sure I'll ever get the Pre unless it comes to another network. The cheap plan pricing is just too good to be true.

    Cheers,
    Charlie
    True mercy is never earned.
  5. #5  
    Roaming is charged only on plans that do not include a free roaming option. Primarily that is the older plans where it wasn't included but needed to be attached separately for an additional charge. The new plans (Including the plans the Pre/Pixi work with) include free roaming, but you are limited in the amount you can use (50% of your overall minutes, or 800 on a Simply Everything plan). If you go over that amount there are no charges. However if you go over consistently then you will be sent out a letter warning you that you are roaming excessively and to stay under. If you do not stay under the roaming limitation Sprint does reserve the option of canceling your service.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

    Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
  6. #6  
    I recently drove across country from Oregon to Alabama and back, and went through about 17 states. I was in and out of roaming at various times, especially in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama, and not once did I ever get any charges on my bill. None, nada, zip. I would be interested to see what "specific" places they charge roaming in, since that is not mentioned anywhere on their coverage maps.





    Quote Originally Posted by cstaats View Post
    I cancelled my order.

    I did some research here on the forums and after reading about Sprint's policy on roaming I was amazed. I spent about 20 minutes chatting with Sprint and they said that unlike every other network out there that has no-roaming (ever!) on their national plans, they still charge roaming in specific places. I was floored. Every other major provider has no roaming since around 4-5 years ago. Sprint is stupid in this respect, and Palm is ignorant to put their device on this failing company's network. I really like the device, but after reading so many horror stories about roaming issues, I'm not sure I'll ever get the Pre unless it comes to another network. The cheap plan pricing is just too good to be true.

    Cheers,
    Charlie
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  7. #7  
    you're misinformed and been misled.
  8.    #8  
    I stand corrected. I guess after reading so many negative posts I became a little jaded about Sprint service.

    Thank you to all of you for your responses! I might be getting a Pre after all!

    Cheers,
    Charlie
    True mercy is never earned.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by JDGAFFLIN View Post
    I ordered the Pixi off of Amazon, and my Sprint confirmation came 5-10 minutes after I ordered it. I would give Sprint a call again.
    I'm curious, how did the confirmation from Sprint come? And can I contact them directly even though it is an Amazon order?

    Cheers,
    Charlie
    True mercy is never earned.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cstaats View Post
    I'm curious, how did the confirmation from Sprint come? And can I contact them directly even though it is an Amazon order?

    Cheers,
    Charlie
    All of my confirmations from both parties came in email form.

    You can call Sprint at this number.....1-866-860-6307.

    Amazon is just selling the phone that they already bought from Sprint. Anything service related after you hit Buy Now from Amazon is handled through Sprint. You can even reference your Amazon order number when contacting Sprint.
  11. yoshk's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #11  
    It's possible you may need to contact the Sprint credit department and have them complete the credit check Amazon started. Sometimes when a customer applies for service they need to speak to a credit department representative to confirm their identity.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  12.    #12  
    I'm not sure what happened, but apparently Amazon never sent the credit check over to Sprint. I called Sprint today and after transferring through 3 departments, I finally obtained the credit check approval number and then called Amazon and gave it to them. Now I'm waiting on Amazon's wireless support to verify it so my phone ships. Whew! Took me like 2 hours to get all that done.

    But hey, it'll be worth it right?

    Cheers,
    Charlie
    True mercy is never earned.
  13. #13  
    I ordered my palm pre last wednesday and i received the credit thing from sprint a few hours later. But I have yet to receive my phone...Apperently, even if they have a special (free 2-day shipping) when you place the order it defaults to ground and so i will be getting it tomorrow instead of yesterday.

    I am super excited to start using my 1st pre....hopefully no faulty hardware like Ive been reading...
  14.    #14  
    Well finally got it all sorted out. I got the e-mail from Amazon today confirming that they received the credit acceptance from Sprint. They say I should have it December 9th.

    w00t!

    Cheers,
    Charlie
    True mercy is never earned.
  15. #15  
    i ordered my palm pre from amazon on december 1st with 2 day shipping and haven't gotten any sort of shipping confirmation or sprint confirmation. It says the phone will arrive on the 8th. However, the next day i checked amazon, it said it would arrive on the 9th (one day later). I asked amazon about this and they said it was because they didnt have any in their warehouse at the moment but they were 100% sure that they'd be able to get the phone to me on the 9th. But im still concerned because i got no confirmation from sprint. Should i give sprint a call too? Also, since im a new customer switching from AT&T, how do i port my number over? Thanks in advance.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    All of my confirmations from both parties came in email form.

    You can call Sprint at this number.....1-866-860-6307.

    Amazon is just selling the phone that they already bought from Sprint. Anything service related after you hit Buy Now from Amazon is handled through Sprint. You can even reference your Amazon order number when contacting Sprint.
    Were you already a Sprint User when u ordered from Amazon?

Posting Permissions