Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    i if set my Pre to forward calls with *28 and the phone is powered OFF, is that considered a no answer?
    I think it's like 20 cents a minute to forward your number, but Sprint has a lot of different plans, you may want to call them.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I think it's like 20 cents a minute to forward your number, but Sprint has a lot of different plans, you may want to call them.
    Not sure about the OP's question, but Sprint stopped charging for conditional call forwarding earlier this month (*72 is the only one that still costs $.20)
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinejag View Post
    Not sure about the OP's question, but Sprint stopped charging for conditional call forwarding earlier this month (*72 is the only one that still costs $.20)
    That is correct. Conditional No Answer/Busy call forwarding is included with every plan. Unconditional call forwarding (*72) is still $0.20/min.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Yes, buy my question is "Is Conditional call forwarding no answer the same as a no answer because the phone is powered off"?
    If my phone was off, a *28 essentially becomes an unconditional call forward.....
    No it does not. Unconditional call forwarding means that even if your phone is on it won't ring, it gets routed to a different number regardless of what is happening on your device end. If your phone is off normally the call gets routed directly to voicemail. The same thing happens with No Answer conditional forwarding. It gets routed to whatever third party voicemail system you are looking at using.

Third party voicemail systems work the same way as Sprint's, it is just set by default for the Sprint system versus setting it up separately if you want something else.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    i am not planing on using any vm service. (Ie youmail or GV.)
    i want to forward to my other phone. since youmail or GV is just a number, i am guessing that it won't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    Yes, buy my question is "Is Conditional call forwarding no answer the same as a no answer because the phone is powered off"?
    If my phone was off, a *28 essentially becomes an unconditional call forward.....
    The answer is yes. If the phone is off and *28 enabled, it will forward.
    I'm really new with using the Palm Pre. I understand that if I want to forward I use *72 how do I disable the call forwarding
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Butler View Post
    I'm really new with using the Palm Pre. I understand that if I want to forward I use *72 how do I disable the call forwarding
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.