1.    #1  
    Hello All,

My 2 year contract with Sprint ends on 11/23 and I'm in the market for a Pre. I will be wanting to keep Sprint service and my old number and was wondering if it's possible, despite the fact that I am an existing customer, for me to get the "New Contract" pricing from websites such as Amazon or Wal-mart that currently have Pres for <$100 for "New Customers."

Does the fact that I am getting an entirely new 2 year contract without already being tied down by one allow me to be eligible, or does having a Sprint account currently, regardless of whether or not it's under contract, disqualify me from buying the Pre at these reduced prices?
    If you call Sprint and threaten to take your fresh 2 year contract elsewhere, the retention team will most likely match any advertised prices for "new customers".

No guarantees, but it's worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    If you call Sprint and threaten to take your fresh 2 year contract elsewhere, the retention team will most likely match any advertised prices for "new customers".

No guarantees, but it's worked for me.
    The "new customer" pricing is the same as the "current customer" pricing if you are eligible for an upgrade at a Sprint-owned location. That means telesales, Sprint.com and corporate stores. However if it is a third party location, such as Walmart they may have a specific requirement that it be for a new line of service, and specifically not for upgrades. It is not a Sprint policy, and it is not Sprint pricing at a third party retailer. They purchase the devices and keep their own inventory, and therefore set their own pricing for devices. My best recommendation is to contact that retailer and find out. They set their own prices and Sprint doesn't tell them what it should be.

Chances are if your contract is ending, you are over the amount of time required to be eligible. The primary line on premier accounts are eligible after 12 months. Other lines are normally eligible after 22 months.

You can check your eligibility at http://www.sprintrebates.com/
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)