1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I wasn't sure what section to put this under cause it may have to do with the pre, or it may have to do with Sprint service itself.

Some background:

I just got a Palm Pre last night. I upgraded from my BB tour.

At work (allendale, NJ), I spend alot of time roaming on Verizon's Network.

Here's what's happening:

I'm sending texts out on my Pre, and people that are receiving the texts are telling me that they are getting the texts many, many times. They are telling me to stop texting them all together because it it quite annoying. One friend said he recieved a text 13 times. That is unacceptable.

What I'm seeing on my Pre, is a major delay on receiving texts that people send me. Sometimes I get texts that are timestamped "sent at such time" (which was about 30 minutes earlier).

Also, alot of texts that i send out get an error saying 'text could not be sent'. I'm not sure when to resend them or not, b.c sometimes if i just let it be, the recipient will get the text anyway.

Not sure what to do. I really like the Pre a lot, but I cannot have this happen! It didnt happen with the blackberry, but now it happens with the pre. So its def something with the sprint network that the blackberry prevented from happening and the pre is allowing. I could be wrong.

I'll try to post back how the texting situation goes at home, where i get better coverage.

HELP!

thanks.
    I just posted some details in this thread on what I was seeing also: http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...es-sprint.html

The network I roam on at my office is Verizon. Not sure about the other locations I am having problems with.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I am having the same exact problem while roaming as well. This just started for me this past week. Before that it was fine. I contacted Sprint and they said there is nothing they can do cause it must be Verizon's network causing the issue.
  4.    #4  
    what the hell is going on with sprint?

This is awful. Seriously, I really like the Palm Pre. And Sprint is OK...but this is exactly why Sprint isn't doing well...because they are just OK. If it werent for they're semi-cheap plans, they would have been gone a long time ago.

Sorry for the rant.
    What's gonna happen is Sprint is going to blame Verizon and Verizon is going to blame Sprint and those of us roaming will be screwed.

My Verizon co-workers are not having a problem on their network and I am not having one on Sprints. I wonder if they are renegotiating their contracts and Verizon will no longer allow Sprint to roam (for free I think they were. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that).

But as customers, you really need to log a call with Sprint. Otherwise they can pretend there is no issue.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    same issues are reported on the german forum nexave.de, where webos is still 1.1.3 and carriers are many (o2, t-mobile, vodaphone ...)
  7.    #7  
    Up date on this. I went back to my BB tour. No more texting issues.
  8.    #8  
    any updates on this? BB is acting up now!
    Still no fix...beside grab an Airave and bypass Roaming for now.

Got another reply from Advanced Tech Support and mentioned my problem is still not fixed when Roaming. Makes using my Pre without Sprint Airave useless from home, but at least they provided me the Airave and service.

Either way, I'm looking forward to Verizon and Sprint finally getting on the same page.
    I am having the same exact issue!! It is SO frustrating!! Whenever I'm roaming, I will send a text and 2 mins later I get a text saying that it could not send it. So I will hit "try again" or "send again" ONLY ONE TIME and it still says it never sends. However, when i finally get in touch with the person I was trying to text, they tell me that i sent the same 40 or 50 times. When is this going to get fixed? IT IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!
    Did you update your PRL and Network settings? Not sure what's going on but you could assume that it has to be Verizon talking with Sprint, so any phone you switch to will probably have this problem untell it's worked out. The best thing to do would be to call sprint and complain, they'll probably apologize and get someone on it, plus you'll get a discount of some kind, or maybe a free Airwave.