1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I'm new here (been lurking for a bit though) and I've been considering getting a pre when my time comes (December). I'd planned it all out only to have my BB Curve finally start dying - It just won't charge anymore (it did, however, survive two pit bull attacks, so it was pretty tough). Anyway, I'm not due for an upgrade till Dec 1st (and that is with the premier thing) but there's no way I can be without a phone for two weeks, and I really can't see paying a $100 deductible for two weeks worth of phone. What do you think my chances would be of getting them to shave off a couple weeks (if I can come up with the money) so I won't be phoneless?

Thanks for any info or speculation.
    are you at the 1 yr mark or 2?
    if you are at the 2 yr mark Id say your chances are pretty good, But at the 1yr. probably not unless you get a really sympathetic sprint agent.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

My wife had a motorola q9c that failed and I called about having her date pushed up from december 1st to nov 15..they told me they couldnt do it but they could give me a hundred dollor credit to go towards my insurance deductible...(free phone)) well the insurance company had no moto q9c's so he asked if i would take a pre.....I said I guess so..lol... thats the phone she was waiting to get on december 1st.. She liked mine so much.... So i would give it a call... On a side note he said they can push the date up 14 days....
    Being a premier customer, he is entitled to a full upgrade every 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    are you at the 1 yr mark or 2?
    if you are at the 2 yr mark Id say your chances are pretty good, But at the 1yr. probably not unless you get a really sympathetic sprint agent.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Being a premier customer, he is entitled to a full upgrade every 12 months.

Yeah I know that,Thanks!

But he has not been on contract for the full 12 mos!

My theory is that being a Premier customer and already getting a special deal they are probably not going to let him upgrade a few weeks early. If it were at the 2 yr mark they might be a little more forgiving.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

6.    #6  
    Thanks for the replies. Maybe I can get a pre for my curve? Yeah, probably not...
    It really depends upon the people at your service place - the people at the mall in Port Charlotte have really tried to help me out. They couldn't give me a lower price for my daughter's phone, but they arranged for a $20 credit to my bill for the next couple of months.

Doesn't hurt to ask - if they're in sales, they want to make the sale, and sometimes have some leeway.
    Would a new battery fix your issue? As a Premier customer you get 25% off all accessories.
  9.    #9  
    A new battery might fix it, but it wouldn't be nearly as fun as a new phone...
  10.    #10  
    I talked to a sprint customer service rep, told her that my phone is basically dead and that I can't afford to wait until December 1st. She said there would be no problem doing it early as long as I ordered it over the phone directly from sprint. I told her I didn't want to wait for something to come in the mail (because my phone is probably on its last charge), to which she replied that I could pay extra for overnight shipping. This is complete bull****, imo, because I don't feel I should be forced to pay sprint's higher price and wait for 10 weeks for a gd mail-in rebate (and, not gonna lie, I was hoping to be able to get an $80 pre from best buy on friday). What difference does 5 days make? I give these *******s $140 a month, and they can't click a button somewhere making it so that I can pledge to CONTINUE to give them that money every month? Complete bs.
    Your freaking out because they will not give you free overnight shipping?

If you can't afford to wait a month for the mail in rebate than why do you have a $140/month phone bill?

I must be missing something.
  12.    #12  
    I'm not freaking out about free overnight shipping, I'm angry because my phone is dead, yet they will not allow me to upgrade FIVE days early without buying directly from them, which entails a higher price and the ridiculousness of a mail-in rebate (as well as shipping charges). Even if I didn't mind the mail-in rebate, I'm sure they could arrange to have the upgrade done in a sprint corporate store (same price, same company) where I would at least be able to have the phone immediately. Being without a phone is not an option for me and I will be out of town this week. I cannot wait for shipping, even overnight. All I need them to do is click whatever ******* button they need to click so that I can go and get a phone (and sign away another two years with them). You'd think they'd be eager to get another two years out of somebody.
    Go to Best Buy on the 27th or 28th and you can get a good deal on a Pre, $79.99 out the door. Not sure what their BB pricing is. They may be willing to let you do it early. You can also do it online with them on the 26th. Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by logicalform View Post
    I'm not freaking out about free overnight shipping, I'm angry because my phone is dead, yet they will not allow me to upgrade FIVE days early without buying directly from them, which entails a higher price and the ridiculousness of a mail-in rebate (as well as shipping charges). Even if I didn't mind the mail-in rebate, I'm sure they could arrange to have the upgrade done in a sprint corporate store (same price, same company) where I would at least be able to have the phone immediately. Being without a phone is not an option for me and I will be out of town this week. I cannot wait for shipping, even overnight. All I need them to do is click whatever ******* button they need to click so that I can go and get a phone (and sign away another two years with them). You'd think they'd be eager to get another two years out of somebody.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  14.    #14  
    Yeah, that's what I've been thinking about doing. I called BB and the guy said they wouldn't even be able to go through with the contract if Sprint said I was ineligible to upgrade (which they will until the 1st of Dec.). Although I did read that other thread around here about people being able to upgrade early with BB (at least online), so ionno... Maybe it's worth a shot, but I don't wanna get there at 5am to be told no. :-/
    buy a new phone and return it within 30 days say you did not like it go back 2 days later and buy a new phone with your discount.

basically just use your 30 day return policy as a loner phone :-)
    Have you talked to retentions? When I called to cancel the line I activated to test drive a Pre, they gave the impression they would bend over backwards to keep me. If you call and tell them you're leaving Sprint becasue of this, I'm sure they would be willing to work with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Have you talked to retentions? When I called to cancel the line I activated to test drive a Pre, they gave the impression they would bend over backwards to keep me. If you call and tell them you're leaving Sprint becasue of this, I'm sure they would be willing to work with you.

Too late to try to help him. He needed a phone too badly to wait for overnight shipping, remember? That was yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by logicalform View Post
    I cannot wait for shipping, even overnight.
  18.    #18  
    Thanks for the sarcasm, but my phone IS currently dead, so I was kind of right about that. And my main issue with the shipping was the fact that I wouldn't be able to order it until I get paid on friday, by which point I will be out of town. I would really like to be able to walk into a store and buy the phone as soon as my bank account is credited and walk out with it in my hands, rather than wait for shipping 1) to my home to be safe, in which case I would have been without a phone for 5 days, 2) to the middle of death valley where the phone probably will not even arrive before I leave to return home. 2 days without a phone is ok, 5-6 is not (I'm not sure about your life circumstances, but mine don't permit this). Furthermore, there are no Sprint corporate stores where I will be, but there are radio shacks. All I need them to do is allow that to happen. This is why I am angry that they are acting like there's absolutely nothing that anybody anywhere can do (unless they get a commission off of me).
    My palm pre screen is broken and im 2 weeks away from an upgrade after they would push it 2 weeks earlier than my 1 year sprint premium date.. Friggin sucks! I can still make phone calls and receive them, thanks to universal type thing but sucks i can only touch the top half of the screen..