Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I think I just stumbled upon something pretty awesome. I went on Best Buys website and saw they have the HTC Hero for new or upgrade customers priced at $179.99. I am not eligible for an upgrade until June 2010, but for ****s and gigs I wanted to see if it would let me do it. Well it did. I entered in my existing account info and it was still discounting me the phone for $179.99 in the final stages of the checkout!

I haven't proceeded though as I needed to check with the wifey first (I know I am whipped) and also because I'd rather go in the store and do this in person so I can have the phone today. Hopefully they will let me do the same thing there. When I have more info I will update you all.
    Chances are that if you aren't eligible for an upgrade you'll be charged the rest of the cost of your phone by the third bill. Best Buy is third party so any mistake on their end usually gets tossed down to the customer, and the carrier can just say too bad.
    Kamen,

I was able to purchase a Touch Pro at best buy for the discounted price only 1 year after purchasing a Centro at a discounted price, which was only 6 months after my previous discounted purcahse. I have no idea how I got away with it, but the Best Buy system seems to allow this. You will not be billed for it down the line if they let you out the door at the 2 year renewal price. Good luck!
    If you are a Sprint Premier customer, which I believe anyone on the unlimited data plans is, then you can do phone upgrades after only 12 months.
    If they are like ATT the order doesnt actually get checked until its filled...you may even get an email saying thanks for the order....then a day or so later a "call us because of an issue with the order" email....or maybe not...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Then couldn't you just say "alright, give me my old phone back"?
    Worse case scenario is you are refunded entirely and get a new/refurb of your old model?

I would think that some managers might just suck it up rather than go through the time/effort/cost of reverting everything back.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsyeltzin View Post
    Kamen,

I was able to purchase a Touch Pro at best buy for the discounted price only 1 year after purchasing a Centro at a discounted price, which was only 6 months after my previous discounted purcahse. I have no idea how I got away with it, but the Best Buy system seems to allow this. You will not be billed for it down the line if they let you out the door at the 2 year renewal price. Good luck!
    mrsyeltzin, was this in a store or online? I really want to get the pre on special this friday, but i'm having issues getting my upgrade date pushed up by 4 days...
    I tried that but they will only let the main account holder upgrade their phone. It doesn't apply to the other phones on our plan. I wanted to buy a Pre for my daughter and she isn't eligible for an update for another 6 months. I am a Premier customer but they wouldn't give me the update price since she wasn't the main account holder. Lame? Yeah.