Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Wow. I sure wasn't expecting to be billed for 2 months on my first Sprint bill. After $249 for the Pre then 1st bill for 2 months service makes for an expensive entry fee for Sprint/Pre.

No, my 1st bill wasn't for $1,000,000. I just thought it was humorous that Sprint has enough spaces in the Amount Enclosed field to accommodate a $1,000,000+ bill.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    It is pretty much like that everywhere you go with cellphones and other services too. You get prorated a portion of the month so you can be on the correct billing cycle from then on.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Maybe for corporate companies who use both phones and those wireless data cards. Might be like some 200$/person/month * maybe 5,000 employees. Not saying that there may be a case like this, but they leave room for if there is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post
    Maybe for corporate companies who use both phones and those wireless data cards. Might be like some 200$/person/month * maybe 5,000 employees. Not saying that there may be a case like this, but they leave room for if there is.
    There are some very large accounts in the billing system. I've had to go into a few of them when replacing broken phones before. First time was a shocker.

And the proration is normal. Sprint charges a month in advance, this also means that if you are within your last billing cycle on your contract you can also cancel your plan without ETF. You have already paid ahead of time. With due dates and such you are usually only paying about a week in advance, but it is billed a full month in advance.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)