1.    #1  
    I still have my old corp. plan Free & Clear 3000 for $20, plus $4 for Service & Repair Insurance. What are my best options (phone wise) w/o losing this plan. I'd really like a Pre, or Android device, but the cost per month is prohibitive. What's the BEST device (ie. smartphone) I can get and not lose this plan? Blackberry? Right now I have a Palm Centro I've been using for over 2 years now.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I have that plan with the Pre, I don't know what your status is with the corp. plan but as long as you buy the Pre you can add it with that plan. Only problem I'd see is if you didn't work for that company that you got the plan under anymore..
    Go Blue!

Both the Blackberrys and Pre require data plans that are not a part of your current plan. When the Pre was first introduced, you had to have a Simply Everything plan of some sort. Even folks who had SERO plans (like myself) had to switch to get the new services that the phone provides. With the Blackberry, you need a plan that has Blackberry services, since all internet/email/data access is through the Blackberry servers, not Sprint (or Verizon or AT&T or Tmobile). I went with a Blackberry instead of a Pre, but still had to change my SERO plan to an Everything plan. The best you will most likely be able to do is get a Simple Everything Plus plan, which gives you a little bit of a price break (with more minutes) over the standard plans.

Sprint was pretty adamanat that anyone getting a new phone would have to move to the new plan structures. This was a hotly debated topic before the Pre was released, and has pretty much died down now that it is the accepted policy to get the newer technology.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sd7318 View Post
    I have that plan with the Pre, I don't know what your status is with the corp. plan but as long as you buy the Pre you can add it with that plan. Only problem I'd see is if you didn't work for that company that you got the plan under anymore..
    Awesome. When I called cust. service they said, "No way.", how did you swing it? Some have suggested I call retentions?
  5.    #5  
    What phone could I get with this plan? Smartphone that is. Remember, I have the Centro currently.
    You can get any phone you want with that plan. It's the 3rd party plan. You should know this if you have it. Or the person that got it for you should know this.

The only stipulation I know of is that you must wait 3 months [or so] before you can get any "hot" phone. So Android & soon-to-be Pixi would be off the table for right now, but Pre is definitely good to go.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PcHouseDoc View Post
    Awesome. When I called cust. service they said, "No way.", how did you swing it? Some have suggested I call retentions?
    Well, I deal with a Sprint rep for my job, he added it for me without any hassles. You could do retentions but if you happen to know a rep, that is the fastest and easiest way to do it.
    Go Blue!

8. CUH
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I have the same plan, did an online swap with no problem at all.