Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    My Palm Pre (Sprint network in the Long Beach/Los Angeles area) has suddenly stopped working and I can't get any data for internet, texting, etc. Is anyone else having a problem?
    Last edited by theyams; 11/04/2009 at 12:39 PM.
    All is ok in Rochester NY
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Sorry, never mind. Apparently I lost network connectivity and did an "Update Network Settings" reset and now it's working again. But now I wonder how I lost that connection in the first place?
    What kind of phone?
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    When you lost the data connection did you also loose the EV icon? I've experienced this with my pre intermiditly and I'd like to figure out the cause...
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I think I still had the Ev icon, but not sure if it was "lit" (aren't the letters in the icon brighter when there's a connection?)
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Yeah, I think they blink when there's an active data connection. Did the softreset immidately fix it?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    A soft reset didn't help. But going into the phone preferences and resetting the network preferences did the trick.
    I'm in Riverside County and had a heck of a time with my internet this morning. It was up & down -- on my laptop and desktop -- however it worked on my PRE pretty much the whole time.

I use a data card for my internet connection, btw. It was Sprint on all.

And it was 9ish or 10ish this morning.

I tried Sprint support but the wait was almost 25 minutes -- by the time they answered, the internet came back up and all was fine.

Go figure.
    Last edited by mandystreasures; 11/04/2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: additional info
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Sprint isnt #tmobile lol.
    It's full bars here in St. Louis.