1.    #1  
    I have the pre and today the 3g didn't work at all. I live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. I receive texts and calls and I can connect to Wifi but I get absolutely no 3g. I just wanted to know if others were having this problem or if it is my phone only.
    Your radio might be bad. I was having an issue in which I would show an EVDO signal but the moment I actually started using anything that involved data my Pre would go right the 1x rtt. I'm beginning to think it's a really common issue with the Pre because my replacement Pre that I've had for less then a week is doing the same thing and they've already ordered me another replacement due to... you guessed it a bad radio.
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    i live in Elgin, il area and no issues here....
  4.    #4  
    ok I'll take it to sprint to have it looked at. Will it mater if i bring it in with all the patches on or should i take those off?
    Quote Originally Posted by pieceout92 View Post
    ok I'll take it to sprint to have it looked at. Will it mater if i bring it in with all the patches on or should i take those off?

I would take them off... We know Palm is pretty friendly about patches so far but Sprint might not be as forgiving
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    Definitely take them off. I had an obvious hardware issue and Sprint fought me on it because I had a South Park theme installed. The repair guy was actually shockingly rude about it. He even gave me crap again a week later when i was in for a different reason!!!
    I work in Niles, in a 3 story building, and I have no problem getting 3G connections
    No issues here.
  9.    #9  
    Well yesterday(2 days ago was when i first posted) I had no problems. It was very weird so we will see how today goes. I am not sure what the problem was but 3g is working for me again.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    evdo has been spotty this week in the city. i try to avoid the burbs. lots of other people on here reported similar issues nationwide.
    Well yesterday(2 days ago was when i first posted) I had no problems. It was very weird so we will see how today goes. I am not sure what the problem was but 3g is working for me again.

you also might want to try prl update and or update network settings... if it happens again..