Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I keep reading messages that people are switiching to the Hero or are gonna go to the Driod or Pixie and I wanted to know how they are doing this when they have had to sign a 2-year or so service agreement for the Pre? I thought I had to keep my phone for the term of the serivce agreement or pay a hefty penalty and full price for a new phone.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Most are probably still within their 30-day guarantee.
    Quote Originally Posted by susank2 View Post
    I keep reading messages that people are switiching to the Hero or are gonna go to the Driod or Pixie and I wanted to know how they are doing this when they have had to sign a 2-year or so service agreement for the Pre? I thought I had to keep my phone for the term of the serivce agreement or pay a hefty penalty and full price for a new phone.
    depends on where you got it from. Some people have monies to blow so they just pay ETF's or buy a new phone retail. some are sprint primer customers and have a upgrade every year, some work the system.... If you want something bad enough there are always ways to get it. Pre's on ebay for $300 a month after it came out. ect ect.

If there is a will, there is a way
    SCK Manager
    Ahhhh simple $$$$$
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    It's a 2 year service plan to use Sprint, not the Pre. It doesn't matter which phone you use, so long as you are still with Sprint for service. If you purchase the Pre and a 2 year agreement, you can swap phones as many times as you want because service is not dependent upon the phone.
    the way I have switched phones is I get my new one ebay I have done that for 5 of my new phones and then sell my old one, and I usually only lose 20 to 50 dollars in the process and once I even made money selling my old phone on ebay nd buying a different one. The pre I actually renewed my contract for and don't think I will be switching until the next version of the pre comes out, whenever that may be
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I'm a 'Premier Customer' and get to upgrade every year, not every two like you underlings.....

In other words, I'm stupid enough to spend large sums of money on my fetish and liked the label...DUH!...
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Thanks for answering my question
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Technically every Sprint customer with a Pre should be a Premiere Customer because the minimum plan you can sign up for automatically qualifies you, even if you have a monthly discount applied. At most you're stuck with your Pre for 12 months that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by wessock View Post
    the minimum plan you can sign up for automatically qualifies you
    Not if you have Everything Plus 500 ($59.99).
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    The financial tightassetry of those people should save them enough to just buy a phone.

For the rest of us I am thankful that we get shiny new discounted phones each year
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Yeah but who would have that when they can make out better with the Everything 450 and the credit union discount anybody can get? The only people who would even know that plan exists are people who know the inner workings of Sprint and are looking for discounts, so I'd hope they'd know better.
    In theory, if you buy from Sprint directly, you can switch to a new phone anytime you want to, you just have to pay the full retail price, and won't get any of the rebates. For example, if I want to use a Pre instead of my Tour, I would have to pay whatever the site's list price is for it. I would not have to extend my contract. You can also switch your current phone with any other Sprint phone that you have (one from eBay, Craigslist, a friend, etc.) at anytime at no cost, and with no contract extension. All it needs to have is a clean ESN on it.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by wessock View Post
    Yeah but who would have that when they can make out better with the Everything 450 and the credit union discount anybody can get? The only people who would even know that plan exists are people who know the inner workings of Sprint and are looking for discounts, so I'd hope they'd know better.
    Actually I can't get any discounts applied to my account because I still have a SERO line active (for my wife). Our rate plans come to $89.99/mo which is still cheaper than Everything Data Family would be even if I qualified for the maximum (27%) discount.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley
    The financial tightassetry of those people should save them enough to just buy a phone.
    So saving money makes someone a tightass? BTW, hope you enjoy paying $120 extra a year just to get an extra $75 discount per year
    Last edited by dallashigh; 11/02/2009 at 06:38 PM.
    So saving money makes someone a tightass? BTW, hope you enjoy paying $120 extra a year just to get an extra $75 discount per year
    It just isn't worth jumping through all kinds of hoops and calling reps over and over until you get just the right one to get on a sooper seekret special plan that probably makes you create a new line or go through all kinds of hell to transition your current line just to save a bit on your monthly plan but not really much more than the discounts most of us have from our jobs or schools anyway.

Cheers to the tightasses who care enough and have the patience. All the better for them I say.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley View Post
    It just isn't worth jumping through all kinds of hoops and calling reps over and over until you get just the right one to get on a sooper seekret special plan that probably makes you create a new line or go through all kinds of hell to transition your current line just to save a bit on your monthly plan but not really much more than the discounts most of us have from our jobs or schools anyway.

Cheers to the tightasses who care enough and have the patience. All the better for them I say.
    Thanks for showing how ignorant you are! It makes it much easier for me to ignore your insults.

Just FYI, I switched from a SERO plan and activated online. During the activation process, it told me I needed to switch my plan, showed me a list of available plans, and I clicked on Everything Plus 500.

But I guess only a tightass would click one button instead of another because it's so much effort to click a damn button just to save a measly $120 a year. Definitely more work than getting your discount code or special URL from your employer/school, confirming a corporate or academic email address, or "calling just the right rep" who is willing to apply a discount for you and waiting up to two billing cycles for it to take effect.
    Craigslist...enough said.
    Thanks for showing how ignorant you are! It makes it much easier for me to ignore your insults.

Just FYI, I switched from a SERO plan and activated online. During the activation process, it told me I needed to switch my plan, showed me a list of available plans, and I clicked on Everything Plus 500.

But I guess only a tightass would click one button instead of another because it's so much effort to click a damn button just to save a measly $120 a year. Definitely more work than getting your discount code or special URL from your employer/school, confirming a corporate or academic email address, or "calling just the right rep" who is willing to apply a discount for you and waiting up to two billing cycles for it to take effect.
    Or taking a work ID, or paycheck stub into a corporate store and spending 5 minutes while the rep fills out the form and submits it. I submit discounts all the time in store and most of the time they are applied the same billing cycle. The only time I haven't seen it be applied the same cycle is within the last week or so of the cycle, and it took longer than a week for it to be added. It can take a couple of cycles but it usually doesn't. And the rep has the option of putting in your email address so you can be notified of whether it is submitted and pending, and when it is accepted/denied.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)