1.    #1  
    Hey everyone.... I'm thinking about getting a HERO to play around with...

Is it easy to have two phones???? How hard is it to switch back and forth????

Is it worth the hassle???
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    If you can hold a fork and a knife you can handle two phones.

To switch back and forth is easy.
    1) Put down Phone 1
    2) Switch ESN on Sprint.com
    3) Pick up phone 2
    4) Switch complete

Would I spend $500 on a handset to play around with? No.
    Pretty easy to do it. I do it on a regular basis. Switch on sprint.com and the phone works instantly after the swap. NO delays here after swapping. Almost as easy as swapping a SIM card. Can switch back and forth as many times as you like.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I'm getting a HERO to try out for 90 days from my Sprint Corporate Rep. Maybe you can go that route?
    Don't forget that service plans (TEP, EPRP, etc) only cover the phone that is active on your account. So if your Pre falls in the sink while your Hero is active (or vice-versa), you're pretty much up a creek!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Don't forget that service plans (TEP, EPRP, etc) only cover the phone that is active on your account. So if your Pre falls in the sink while your Hero is active (or vice-versa), you're pretty much up a creek!
    Good point, If I were the OP, I'd be sure to box & lock the inactive device for sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    Pretty easy to do it. I do it on a regular basis. Switch on sprint.com and the phone works instantly after the swap. NO delays here after swapping. Almost as easy as swapping a SIM card. Can switch back and forth as many times as you like.
    i assume phone history with sprint does not include the iphones listed, or you are way ahead of me on figuring out how to run on different networks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    All you would have to do is change the phone on your account. The phone itself doesn't dictate whether or not it's active.

Don't see why it would matter to Sprint other than people trying to sneak other people's phones onto their TEP. But being a flat rate regardless of phone, it should matter which phone you try to get service service on provided you actually own it.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    So you can switch ESN on sprint.com? Is there a charge for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by leucus View Post
    i assume phone history with sprint does not include the iphones listed, or you are way ahead of me on figuring out how to run on different networks.
    I think he's talking about using different Sprint phones on the same Sprint line. Nothing about swapping networks.
    Yes and no

Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    So you can switch ESN on sprint.com? Is there a charge for it?
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Yes and no
    So there's actually no point in going into a sprint store? say you purchase a phone on craigslist and want to play with it, used switch ESN right?
    Correct and yes. However it will likly need to have be a Sprint phone of some kind and have a clear ESN.

Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    So there's actually no point in going into a sprint store? say you purchase a phone on craigslist and want to play with it, used switch ESN right?
    Ya I was wondering the same thing kind of. I don't recall the iPhone having a CDMA radio.

Quote Originally Posted by leucus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    All you would have to do is change the phone on your account. The phone itself doesn't dictate whether or not it's active.

Don't see why it would matter to Sprint other than people trying to sneak other people's phones onto their TEP. But being a flat rate regardless of phone, it should matter which phone you try to get service service on provided you actually own it.
    Technically you can swap to a phone that doesn't work, but Asurion or Sprint aren't going to honor your claim when they see that the phone hasn't been used since it was "activated".

http://www.nextel.com/assets/pdfs/en...3-2024_TEP.pdf

"Claimed device must be active on Sprint or Nextel Network at time of loss."
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Is there a way to swap Pre and Blackberry, or will the BB email not work with the Pre plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flur View Post
    Is there a way to swap Pre and Blackberry, or will the BB email not work with the Pre plan?
    All plans compatible with the Pre include BIS (not sure about BES--that's the kind with work email). However, swapping back and forth with a BlackBerry will be a pain because your BlackBerry services are going to be wiped when you deactivate it. That means you'll get a new PIN every time you reactivate it, which will be a major pain.