Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey, I am a Sprint/Nextel service and repair tech working for Total Communication Systems in Seneca, SC.

If anyone has questions regarding:
    -Upgrade Elegability
    -Service/Repair
    -Under Warranty?
    -Do I have insurance?
    -Or would like to let a handsome sprint tech upgrade your phone and extend your contract Please feel free to comment on this thread or send a private message. I can also be reached on my pre VIA nickmassey82@gmail.com

Overnight Direct Ship Available
    Save yourself a trip to the store.
    ;SPRINT SERVICE/REPAIR TECH
    I have a question, but it's slightly off-topic in regard to my service so feel free to disregard it.

About five years ago I went with sprint for some services and had lots of problems, mainly having discounts never applied and calling each month to be told that it was fixed and to find out the following month it hadn't. I have heard lots of other stories from my coworkers as well and was almost against going back.

However, this time it seems like everyone is much nicer and things alot smoother, so I'm wondering, has sprint begun to move in a more customer friendly direction lately, or have I just been luck and I shouldn't really expect good treatment?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I can answer that for you. I used to work for Sprint. In the past the majority of sprint employees were total dumb***** and ***bags, there were very few exceptions who were knowledgeable and courteous like myself.

Now Sprint (in recent surveys) has moved from last place in customer services to tied for second with verizon right behind tmobile. They have really turned around.

hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I would say the the folks over at the Sprint store where are live are 50-50.. 50% of them still don't know anything about the phones they sell....just that it is a phone and it makes calls.....However I have seen a general push to being more polite and trying to work out your issues and getting phones replaced. They have been generous enough to give me replacement USB chords/chargers etc...etc..
  5.    #5  
    I dont work for sprint corporate, i work for total comm, who is a direct representative of sprint. That being said...sprint corporate watches over us like hawks making sure we are representing them well. Sprint is focused on customer service, and beyond that total communications systems is focused on customer service. Our indirect store is among a very small group of indirect locations that have a service and repair center. Most, if not all sprint corporate locations do not have a service center and will direct you to one if they can not fix your problems. I am personally motivated to get Sprint and Palm Pre customers the best service that I can offer. If i cant help you then i will find help. If I dont have the answers u need, I will do the work to find them. Eather threw the advanced tech support line or by contacting our techs at our other three locations. I have found precentral.net to be the best source for those odd tech questions.

P.S. When i call into advanced tech support with a question or problem I give them our dealer code so they can varify that I actually work for total. Sometimes I will be on the phone with them for an hour trying to figure out an issue and they will just give up and hang up on me. Its not just customers that they do it to. Its just the individual person thats being slack when that happens. I have had the blackberry department do it to me the most of all.
    again if you have any issues or questions about your service, want to upgrade or anything just add to this thread or e-mail me at the above link.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    So basically, you sell cell phones and are <<edited by berd>> your services in the hopes that you'll get some sales?
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/27/2009 at 10:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Yes....
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubal View Post
    So basically, you sell cell phones and are <<edited by berd>> your services in the hopes that you'll get some sales?
    man you dont need to be crude thats uncool !!!
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/27/2009 at 10:12 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    man you dont need to be crude thats uncool !!!
    True but you have to admit that when you visited this thread you probably thought "Cool. Maybe I can ask them Why they don't get rid of the Freaking mail in rebate" or some such thing...

I would really like some true blue sprint reps or Palm personnel to have a section on this site. I guess that is probably what sprintusers is for (but that still leaves Palm in the lurch).

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    I would say the the folks over at the Sprint store where are live are 50-50.. 50% of them still don't know anything about the phones they sell....just that it is a phone and it makes calls.....However I have seen a general push to being more polite and trying to work out your issues and getting phones replaced. They have been generous enough to give me replacement USB chords/chargers etc...etc..
    To be fair, there's a lot more to know about mobile devices than there was 3 years ago or so. (i.e. dial and press send)

Besides with so much information readily available online, we have no excuse for not being informed consumers. However I do think Sprint employees would be smart to say "I don't know" once in a while, and perhaps provide a few kiosks where we can look stuff up on the manuf. website.

The employee who sold me my HTC Hero insisted many, many times (despite me repeating "are you sure?") that Google Voice didn't use airtime, only data. While this was obviously untrue, it did result in a nice discount for me

Cheers,

-n8
    yeah if there was a palm guy in here he would be swarmed with people saying all kinds of crap that he has no control over , but i know there are some in here, but they wont tell you who they are. if not actually communicating with people they are at least monitoring these threads for sure.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    When I went in to get my Pre, and when I had to replace the bad battery, both times the reps told me about precentral.net. They both had a pre and the 4x4v3 patch (AWESOME) and some other tweaks. I'm sure they are well informed of what's going on here, even if they don't have any control over it.
    I've had a Sprint Service Tech call me at home to tell him how to hack his Pre. Then he tells me it was for a customer and they gave him 50.00 to Tweak it...LOL i told him to check out the site and now he could at least buy me a Dunkin Donuts Coffee..
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    I've had a Sprint Service Tech call me at home to tell him how to hack his Pre. Then he tells me it was for a customer and they gave him 50.00 to Tweak it...LOL i told him to check out the site and now he could at least buy me a Dunkin Donuts Coffee..
    Sucker lol !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubal View Post
    So basically I fix phones that customers bring in with issues. I Dont do much sales cuz im always in the tech room working on a phone instead of on the floor. In my down time I check this forum to see the latest news or issues people are having. As for the rebait. Way over my head and i have no control over things like that. But you can go to radio shack and get a phone and the rebait is included. No mail in. Dont know why they have a deal with radio shack but not at our indirect locations. "I DON'T KNOW" lol
  16.    #16  
    Basically taking questions about what a sprint rep can and can't do to fix, replace, or upgrade you divice. If your about to go into a sprint store with an issue.....You can ask your questions on this thread and have a heads up going in what will happen.
    So what about a loose slider one the pre. I'm sure you guys are aware of the problem. What will sprint tell me when I go and and say my slider is way to loose.
    Yes....what is the definitive answer to this. At what point does Sprint (or it's representatives) feel the loose slider to be a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    So what about a loose slider one the pre. I'm sure you guys are aware of the problem. What will sprint tell me when I go and and say my slider is way to loose.
    I went to the Sprint store last week because I couldn't hear anything while making a phone call. They gave me a replacement phone 2 days later, but it's no where near the quality of the first one I had. There's the loose slider (oreo effect) and it moves so far to the right that when I go to press the screen off button I can't hit it because the screen/top part is in the way. Also, the 'R' button light is out. Just seems like a crappy replacement. Any ideas what to do?
    Go back and get it exchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by oflats3 View Post
    I went to the Sprint store last week because I couldn't hear anything while making a phone call. They gave me a replacement phone 2 days later, but it's no where near the quality of the first one I had. There's the loose slider (oreo effect) and it moves so far to the right that when I go to press the screen off button I can't hit it because the screen/top part is in the way. Also, the 'R' button light is out. Just seems like a crappy replacement. Any ideas what to do?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast