Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Also.....If you are not under warrenty, Do not have the TEP or ESRP you can still get an advanced exchange for you phone. It will cost you $119 for smart phones and pda's threw service and repair.
    ;SPRINT SERVICE/REPAIR TECH
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
    Exchange. If it's within 30 days of purchase the phone might be refurbished and resold, but the guy with the problem is going to get a replacement.
    If your within 30 days of purchase take it back to the store where you got it. You have a 30 day return policy for all phones. Make them give you a brand new phone right out of the box. Thats what the return policy is for.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Is there any way to turn in my Pre for a Hero without paying $479?

4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by smr260 View Post
    Is there any way to turn in my Pre for a Hero without paying $479?

yea if you still within thirdy days of purchase take it back. just pay the difference. After 30 days your sol
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
    Exchange. If it's within 30 days of purchase the phone might be refurbished and resold, but the guy with the problem is going to get a replacement.
    sorry i was not keeping up.

So if its in thirty days you will exchange it?
    is that what your saying.
    What about after thirty days. So you repair phones or just replace them
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickmassey82 View Post
    yea if you still within thirdy days of purchase take it back. just pay the difference. After 30 days your sol
    Dammit!
    I have a question, can you cancel your contract, pay the early termination fee, get a new contract, and buy a phone at the subsidized price?
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    I have a question, can you cancel your contract, pay the early termination fee, get a new contract, and buy a phone at the subsidized price?
    please explain why you would even wanna do this.
    early termination fee:$200
    new contract: security deposit? $ activation fee: $36
    new pre after $150 new activation discount. $249 mail in rebait$100
    so $149+$36+$200+deposit. What does that come to?
    Lets assume he is crazy rich and has a thing for subsidized handsets (someone has to be)...isn't there still a "can't have purchased a subsidized handset in the last year or two" prevision?

I know others have had the same problem.. and I have seen other notes about this issue.. But I still have the problem after 3 Palm Pres.

I have an AirRave, and am connected to it.. And is in line of sight, 10 ft from me all day.. But my phone goes from 5 bars to 1 bars and everything else.. all day. Why is that???

The other 2 phones in my house, and my previous phone, always have a solid 5 bars all day.

Any help is appreciated. I am now assuming it is not a phone issue, since all 3 have the same problem. so it is a webOS issue, or a Sprint / Airave issue.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    What's your advice for someone with a Pre that likes to turn itself off randomly at least once a day. I'm on my 3rd Pre since June, the second one had a defective battery that the Sprint store neglected to change even when they shipped me my 3rd (a refurb) without a different battery. I finally had a chance to take it in again, insisting they look at and replace the battery (it only took me 4 hours, but that's a different story) and now since Monday night when I got the new battery the phone has shut down 3 times?
    Hero unsubsidized $480.00
    Hero subsidized $180.00
    Savings $300

Early termination fee: $190.00

190 + 180 + 36 < 480

plus every single month I debate it, the termination fee is lower, increasing the likelihood I might want to do this in the future when sprint gets even more impressive handsets.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    Hero unsubsidized $480.00
    Hero subsidized $180.00
    Savings $300

Early termination fee: $190.00

190 + 180 + 36 < 480

plus every single month I debate it, the termination fee is lower, increasing the likelihood I might want to do this in the future when sprint gets even more impressive handsets.
    If you sell your current handset you can chop at least $100 big ones off there as well.
    Hi, Nick. I'm waiting on my 2nd Pre to come in. If this Pre gives me problems I may switch it out for the HTC Hero..how would I go about doing that?? Because wouldn't I technically have 30 days to return the Pre even though this will be my second phone?? TIA
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Why is it taking so long to get my rebate from buying the Pre? I think they said up to 12 weeks, but why does it take that long? That's just bananas. Is the Hero that much better of a phone?
    Rebates can take 6-12 weeks, usually they are fairly quick however. If you haven't already I would recommend checking the status on www.sprintrebates.com to check and make sure they received it, and see the status of where it is.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by lovely_olemiss View Post
    Hi, Nick. I'm waiting on my 2nd Pre to come in. If this Pre gives me problems I may switch it out for the HTC Hero..how would I go about doing that?? Because wouldn't I technically have 30 days to return the Pre even though this will be my second phone?? TIA
    The thirty days if from the time you activated the very first phone. It does not start over with an advanced exchange. The only way i can advanced exchange a divice for a different phone all togeather is...

The customer must have more than three advanced exchanges in a 6 month period. All the exchanges have to be for the same reason and verified in etickets that the exchanges were all for the same issue with the same modle phone.
    In this situaltion ONLY, I would be able to email my field manager and request that he approve of anouther divice for the customer that is compairable to the current divice.
    If this request is approved my field manager will send me a reply email with a list of two or there phones to choose from. These phones would come out of our regular stock. NOT a REFERB.

If you are within that thirty days of your first activation or upgrade. Yes you can take it...Box, charger and everything that you recieved, back to the store you got it ONLY, and you will just pay the difference in price of the model you want. If its cheaper they will give you money back. At my third party location we would have to request a check to be printed to you. The refund would not come out of cash drawer and the check would take a few days to go threw accounting.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    i purchased my palm pre on the day it was released back in june. i finally got fed up with my oreo affect and called sprint about getting a replacement seeing since i was under the manufacture warranty still. they told me i would have to go through palm directly because i didnt have insurance through sprint, even though it is a manufacture defect and nothing i did. when i was with verizon, they would honor the 1 year manufacture warranty at the verizon store for me or over the phone, why is sprint telling me to go directly to palm, arent they (sprint) required to honor the 1 year warranty also?
    This question gets asked ENTIRELY TOO MUCH, so check it out, peoplez...

If you have a manufacturer's defect:

- Within the first 30 days... take it to Sprint, and they'll give you a brand new one.
    - After 30 days, but within 1-yr... take it to Sprint corp. repair store, and they'll give you a refurb, maybe even a brand new one.
    - After 1-yr, apparently Sprint will do an advanced exchange for $119, but by the time you've had your Pre for a year, you'll probly be able to find a better deal on eBay.

If a corp. Sprint store gives you trouble about handling manufacturer's defects, print this out!! This has been their policy for YEARS, and it's not exclusive to the Pre or Palm phones at all (tho this page was more than likely created as a friendly reminder thanks to Pre hysteria). THEY DO THIS WITH ALL PHONES. You must go to a corp. repair store in order to take advantage of this awesome perk. If there is a scratch on your phone, however... you better be paying for insurance.

You'd also be better off finding another insurance company besides ASSurion to insure your phone. You won't have as quick of a turnaround as ASSurion, but you'll save a GREAT deal of money and can put that saved money toward a cheap backup phone. State Farm, for example, allows you to insure a laptop and a smartphone for ~$50/yr with NO deductible. There are a ton of insurance companies out there with deals like this, but they probly won't let you insure your laptop like State Farm does.

Enjoy!
    Thank you Nick and others for taking your time and answering our questions on here! Good to know there are ppl here helping with all types of situations..:-)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123