1.    #1  
    Hi all ^^,

I have been an avid reader on this forum and recently thought about upgrading to the palm pre as my centro is wearing out and is making random calls to people on my contacts, including a few calls to 911 recently -.-. So yea, I really wanting to upgrade my phone loool

I do have question though. I am currently on a family plan with 1000 minutes with 4 lines, and my line has a data plan. So is it necessary to switch to the sprint SE plan to get the Pre? or is that something that people at the sprint store and telesales are pushing for to get more commission on the sale? Thank you in advance for your reply ^^.
    Last edited by z3r03; 10/17/2009 at 06:28 PM.
    you have to have an unlimited data plan whatever you do
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Oh, but the data plan on my line is unlimited.
    yeah then you may be in good shape then
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yeah then you may be in good shape then
    NO he wont. The pre needs a RATE PLAN with the word EVERYTHING in the title. The minium is 129.99 +20 per add a lines 3 and up. so for the fam it would be 169.87 and all lines would share 1500 mins UNLIMITED web, data, text, email, gps, sprint tv, UNLIMITED CALLS TO ANY CELL PHONE nights @ 7,

its not that the reps are trying to get more commission, Its that sprint has the data requirements and thats that. I have mine on another plan but thats just cuz im a sprint 3rd party retailer and they made the pre avialiable to this plan , relay plan, and EVERYTHING plans only....
    SCK Manager
    The Pre requires an Everything Data, Simply Everything, or Everything Plus plan to function. If you do not have one of these plans you would have to switch your plan.

If you currently have a SERO plan you can switch to an Everything Plus plan, otherwise you are looking at one of the other Everything Data or Simply Everything plans.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
  7.    #7  
    hmmm. oh okay. That is a bit of a dilemma as my parents do not use internet on their lines, thus a waste of money in that aspect.

Still, thank you for the information and clarification ^^. I do hope Sprint allows greater flexibility in their plans for people such as myself who is a student and still in family plan with my parents. Thank you all again ^^.