Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    Rating the Carriers: Customer Service Showdown

    so yeah, sprints CS is MUCH better then it used to be
  2. efudd's Avatar
    Posts
    697 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    #2  
    looks similar to JD power Retail store survey posted about the other day.

    http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...wer-study.html

    thing is that still leaves the only one with a worse overall than sprint is hapless ATT- sprint needs to kick everyone's **** for a long time or do something else dramatic/significant to change public opinion. It doesn't matter much if their current customer service is great and the people with sprint stop leaving in droves if the ~2/3rds of the market that dont have sprint remain afraid to even give them a chance. After a while being good at customer service word of mouth will help them out but that's not going to happen quickly on it's on.
  3. #3  
    I stick with Sprint because all I hear is:
    Verizon has good service but cripples smartphones and is too expensive (plus we roam for free on bigV's network)
    ATT is unable to handle all the Iphone traffic and people drop calls like crazy
    Tmobile is the ghetto carrier with slow internet and lousy coverage inside buildings
  4. efudd's Avatar
    Posts
    697 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpilot172 View Post
    I stick with Sprint because all I hear is:
    Verizon has good service but cripples smartphones and is too expensive (plus we roam for free on bigV's network)
    ...
    (emphasis added by me)


    this is exactly the opposite of why sprint is going to have issues with getting people to think they dont suck. VZ "crippling" phones is not a universal truth yet people all over sprint dominated forums spout that 24/7 (usually saying verizon has wifi stripped out of phones and locks out the GPS- which hasn't been true for some time now). People in sprint centric places also always love to say that sprint roams everywhere on vz so they networks are identical- again not true.

    So just like people in sprint centric forums bash verizon with mis-truths or old truths that are no longer new, people on ATT, Verizon, and T-mobile forums will continue to bash Sprints "pathetic customer service" and no one bothers to get the facts on their own.

    Sprint has a huge uphill battle on their hands to change peoples opinions.
  5. #5  
    I thought we did roam for free on VZ... no?
  6. #6  
    Sprint cripples their smart phones as well. You could never do MMS on any of the Treos until the Pro came out. They offered work-arounds that let you do it, but not true MMS. The same phones on Verizon and AT&T supported MMS just fine.



    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    (emphasis added by me)


    this is exactly the opposite of why sprint is going to have issues with getting people to think they dont suck. VZ "crippling" phones is not a universal truth yet people all over sprint dominated forums spout that 24/7 (usually saying verizon has wifi stripped out of phones and locks out the GPS- which hasn't been true for some time now). People in sprint centric places also always love to say that sprint roams everywhere on vz so they networks are identical- again not true.

    So just like people in sprint centric forums bash verizon with mis-truths or old truths that are no longer new, people on ATT, Verizon, and T-mobile forums will continue to bash Sprints "pathetic customer service" and no one bothers to get the facts on their own.

    Sprint has a huge uphill battle on their hands to change peoples opinions.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  7. Doogiepwr's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    (emphasis added by me)


    this is exactly the opposite of why sprint is going to have issues with getting people to think they dont suck. VZ "crippling" phones is not a universal truth yet people all over sprint dominated forums spout that 24/7 (usually saying verizon has wifi stripped out of phones and locks out the GPS- which hasn't been true for some time now). People in sprint centric places also always love to say that sprint roams everywhere on vz so they networks are identical- again not true.

    So just like people in sprint centric forums bash verizon with mis-truths or old truths that are no longer new, people on ATT, Verizon, and T-mobile forums will continue to bash Sprints "pathetic customer service" and no one bothers to get the facts on their own.

    Sprint has a huge uphill battle on their hands to change peoples opinions.
    Everytime I've roamed and have a number saved without a area code. I hear"welcome to verizon wireless". If you have the roam only hack, put it on and dial your own number without area code and you will hear the same thing.
  8. lupos's Avatar
    Posts
    276 Posts
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    #8  
    My coworker has a BB that he can't install Google maps on for free cause it's Verizon. I had ton's of stuff on my BB on sprint for free. And yes we do Roam for free. I understand your point but as far as i know at least 6 months ago when i tried to do it for him I couldn't put Gmaps on it. He also had to pay an extra charge to them to be able to use the our BB server. Sprint has a flat fee for BB internet that works out to be cheaper.
  9. lupos's Avatar
    Posts
    276 Posts
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Sprint cripples their smart phones as well. You could never do MMS on any of the Treos until the Pro came out. They offered work-arounds that let you do it, but not true MMS. The same phones on Verizon and AT&T supported MMS just fine.
    They didn't cripple this feature. There network was screwy and it just didn't work. My pearl was able to do it finally after a software update. The BB network never played well with sprints until recently.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    I thought we did roam for free on VZ... no?
    There are some cell towers they share and some that they don't.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  11. diomark's Avatar
    Posts
    752 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    Rating the Carriers: Customer Service Showdown

    so yeah, sprints CS is MUCH better then it used to be
    I was listening to the Engadget Mobile podcast and they were SLAMMING sprint..

    I dont' get it.. I've been with them for 10 years (in Florida and now in California) - and I love sprint!
    -mark
  12. #12  
    Endgadget is always about 6 months behind any thing that requires a subtle mind to absorb.
  13. #13  
    The laptopmag comparison was crappy at best. Two phone calls, two store visits in the same city, and browsing the website? Not hardly a thorough test. While I agree that they have come a long way and are improving greatly this test proves nothing one way or the other.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    (emphasis added by me)


    this is exactly the opposite of why sprint is going to have issues with getting people to think they dont suck. VZ "crippling" phones is not a universal truth yet people all over sprint dominated forums spout that 24/7 (usually saying verizon has wifi stripped out of phones and locks out the GPS- which hasn't been true for some time now). People in sprint centric places also always love to say that sprint roams everywhere on vz so they networks are identical- again not true.

    So just like people in sprint centric forums bash verizon with mis-truths or old truths that are no longer new, people on ATT, Verizon, and T-mobile forums will continue to bash Sprints "pathetic customer service" and no one bothers to get the facts on their own.

    Sprint has a huge uphill battle on their hands to change peoples opinions.
    you have over 600 posts and just three thank you's . makes me wonder what kinda troll are you anyways , besides that this is the first time i have ever heard anything like this in any post in these forums so what you say is false as well . and "efudd" the only bashing i see going on is you so go back to whatever hole you came out of please and stick your head in it , because the only reason ur here is to bash and start arguments and we really dont need that around here thank you
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  15. Sovvy's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    #15  
    I deal with Sprint almost every month because they have messed something up which takes half the day to fix. And I am not nice after a while which speeds them up. You have to be a real a-hole to get what you want. I have sprint customer service over the phone...

    In store is not that bad though.
  16. #16  
    I read it, and I'm a Sprint subscriber with a Pre, on a family plan with two other Pre's.

    And I'll say it: Sprint sucks... at my house. I went for a month with absolutely no signal (every call was dropped), until Sprint finally gave me an Airave.

    So I won't be blind and say that Sprint is perfect, because their coverage map is in no way accurate for my area, but they do have nice customer service, and (eventually) gave me an Airave for my problems.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    They didn't cripple this feature. There network was screwy and it just didn't work. My pearl was able to do it finally after a software update. The BB network never played well with sprints until recently.
    This is true it wasn't crippled. Sprint implemented PictureMail before MMS was standardized and therefore beat everyone else to the market with implementing the ability to send pictures in a text message type of format. The trouble stems from the fact that the same system implemented back then is still in place today and simply isn't in the same category as standard MMS. Sending messages back and forth between carriers requires the PictureMail servers to transcode all of the data into different formats, some of which it doesn't support (like animated GIFs).
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

    Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    I read it, and I'm a Sprint subscriber with a Pre, on a family plan with two other Pre's.

    And I'll say it: Sprint sucks... at my house. I went for a month with absolutely no signal (every call was dropped), until Sprint finally gave me an Airave.

    So I won't be blind and say that Sprint is perfect, because their coverage map is in no way accurate for my area, but they do have nice customer service, and (eventually) gave me an Airave for my problems.
    I've been with Sprint for over 10 years now and was sent a letter that I was using too much of my free roaming last year on my free roaming plan LOL so I had an option to cancel all 4 lines and go to another company or switch to one of my old phones so I wouldn't roam. Finally I called back and told them I was sick of using my 10 year old's phone and they sent me the airave.
    I think it's really who you reach and if they know what they are doing. I can call back several times in one day to make sure my first call was taken care of the correct way and every one has something different to say. I hope next months bill is right. I just FINALLY got rid of my fair and flexible plan and am worried they will mess up billing in some way.
    I think money wise Sprint is still on top and they always correct the problems I have, it just takes my time I hate to waste. Customer service wise they are starting to get better.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mspriss View Post
    I've been with Sprint for over 10 years now and was sent a letter that I was using too much of my free roaming last year on my free roaming plan
    It is free roaming, but it is also limited roaming. You don't get charged for it, but it is limited to half of your minute plan, or 800 minutes, whichever is lower. If you are roaming that much, then the carrier you are with probably isn't the best option for where you use your phone, this goes for any carrier.

    I wouldn't be that worried, there were many many many more issues with the a la carte plans previously with billing issues than the newer all inclusive plans. Billing issues were usually human error, the new plans have a single code in the billing system to set them up, everything else is handled by the system itself unless more detailed editing is needed (like troubleshooting).
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

    Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
  20. Clack's Avatar
    Posts
    251 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    #20  
    I had been with sprint for 9 years.

    After Sprint had trouble with my port-out and their number portability department was a -10 on a scale of 0-10, I will won't likely go back.

    I am happy with T-Mobile and their help at overcoming a portout issue. Maybe the rumors are true and D. Telekom will buy Sprint.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions