Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Me and my wife both have Pre's.. My daughter was still on Verizon with her Blackberry..We were paying $86/month for that sservice.. It was cheaper for me to buy the contract out.. Sell the blackberry and add her to mysprint family plan for $20/m .. We all share 1500 min but we are not charged air time when calling any cellphone on any network.. You can't beat that.3 lines for $150/ month.. With 2 of them being Pre's....
  2. #2  
    Agreed. It rocks! My wife and I have the exact same thing. Both loving our Pre's!

    The call to any mobile for free thing is unbeatable.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    Agreed. It rocks! My wife and I have the exact same thing. Both loving our Pre's!

    The call to any mobile for free thing is unbeatable.
    ^^^^
    this

    <3 Sprint
  4.    #4  
    And Blackberry plans are so expensive..It is ridiculous....
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Pockets View Post
    And Blackberry plans are so expensive..It is ridiculous....
    Same price as a Pre with Sprint.

    We have the EPRP family plan and love it. With the new anymobile deal and pick 3 we have more minutes than we could use in three months, all for $110 a month. Sprint certainly has the best deal going, now they need to shake their crappy reputation and make a comeback.
  6. #6  
    And if you work for a major corporation, government, etc. You can get like 5-25% off that entire plan monthly.
    "Last edited by ChappyEight; 09/24/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: To bow to zeravla."
  7. #7  
    Agreed! I have 3 lines; all Palm Pres.

    Also planning to add a 4th Pre in December.
  8. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #8  
    The new Anytime Any Mobile deal is great with one exception, the smallest plan you can get is 1500 min and since they made the move to Anytime Any Mobile, I just don't need that many minutes and would love to go with a smaller plan, if they offered it. I suppose this is how Sprint plans to make money which is smart. That said, I seriously doubt VWZ and AT&T will ignore Sprint and could possibly offer similar deals.
  9. djmcgee's Avatar
    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #9  
    We have two Pre's and two non smart phones. Since Sprint required Everything data my kids get data by default. $170 for 4 phones with unlimited date is cheap. No way Verizon or AT&T can touch that. Sprint has been more cost competitive than either competitor for some time, especially with family plans - I don't see that changing.

    The wife and I have been with Sprint for 15 years and generally don't have complaints, they have been good to us.

    Just something to note, with Sprint and Verizon both CDMA, I was informed by a sprint customer service rep that Sprint and Verizon share hardware at cell towers. There should be no difference in signal strength issues between Sprint and Verizon - I wonder if this is true.
  10. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    No way Verizon or AT&T can touch that. Sprint has been more cost competitive than either competitor for some time, especially with family plans - I don't see that changing.
    Lets stop and think about this for a moment. Can you guess why Sprint has been more cost competitive on thier plans? It's simple really, they need the customers to keep from going under. Why would they be going under? Because of thier past reputation...past customer service and bad service in general. Now, just changing your customer service skills alone won't bring people back to Sprint so they have to do something and that is to make thier plans more competative to potential customers. Plus work on exclusive phones.

    Verizon and ATT can't touch that you say? Or didn't feel they needed to touch that? Neither has felt overly threatened by Sprint so why would they bother introducing lower priced plans? Give it time though. It's no secret that Sprints new plan pricing is a super good deal. If these plans begin to cause a mass exidous from the other carriers, I assure you that Verizon and ATT will react accordingly. If however Sprint doesn't gain customers then no, Verizon and ATT won't bother doing anything. Why would they?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Just something to note, with Sprint and Verizon both CDMA, I was informed by a sprint customer service rep that Sprint and Verizon share hardware at cell towers. There should be no difference in signal strength issues between Sprint and Verizon - I wonder if this is true.
    Pretty much yeah, but with one caveat. On most phones you will have to enable roaming, or even force. All the Sprint phones I have had have had it set by default to use only Sprint towers. Then you have the option of roaming when needed, which pretty much sucks because as long as it can get a whiff of a Sprint signal it won't roam. Then you have the wonderful forced roaming, which does exactly as it says. But you have to be careful because if you roam to much Sprint will kick you to the curb but I do not know exactly what the percentage of use is that kicks that it.
  12. #12  
    They will usually warn you if you are over 50% roaming for 2 or 3 months.
  13. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    Pretty much yeah, but with one caveat. On most phones you will have to enable roaming, or even force. All the Sprint phones I have had have had it set by default to use only Sprint towers. Then you have the option of roaming when needed, which pretty much sucks because as long as it can get a whiff of a Sprint signal it won't roam. Then you have the wonderful forced roaming, which does exactly as it says. But you have to be careful because if you roam to much Sprint will kick you to the curb but I do not know exactly what the percentage of use is that kicks that it.
    Not just that but Sprint and Verizon sharing towers doesn't mean they share ALL of the towers. So don't expect to get the exact same signal in the exact same spot from both carriers. Plus, each of thier phones have different software/hardware and drivers so again, don't expect identical coverage.
  14. bigmikemn's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #14  
    Agreed - We just switched from SERO 500 F&F accounts to the 1500 Family Data Everything (whatever..) plan. Weighed it against the Everything Plus (formerly SERO) Data plan, it it was more cost effective to use the Commercial plan plus my corporate discount. There billing system is now too smart to allow me to stack them
  15.    #15  
    We tried our 13 yr old daughter out on the blackberry pearl and found out she is too young and im-mature to have free access to Facebook and the internet. This is another of the reasons we wanted to get rid of the Blackberry Pearl and limit here access.. We are now getting her a Samsung Reclaim and are going to disable the internet access since it is not costing us near as much as the Verizon plan was. And it it a "Green" phone which means is it made with 80% corn by products which coming from an X corn farmer is pretty cool..

Posting Permissions