Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    So does this normally take several days? I registered my new account Thursday - estimated time to have it completed after talking to the Sprint tech is tomorrow. Why does it take so stinking long? I've got two phones sitting here waiting to be activated... anything I can do to speed Verizon up on letting go?
    you can try but probably not , its like removing a leach ha ha , cant get them to let go lol.... sorry about the metaphor !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I don't know why they hold it up - should realistically be less than a day to have everything go through. My guess is the company you are leaving takes their time to annoy a customer they have lost anyway

I was on Helio (who's entire backbone is Sprint) and when I wanted to switch over to Sprint it was a hassle - cause they hadn't figured out how to xfer over a number and the system kept telling them I already was with sprint. It took them 3 days to get that cleared up.
    I ported from Verizon to Sprint and it took about 30 minutes. You should make a phone call to Sprint and ask them what the hold up is. Several days? Something seems fishy.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    i already talked to sprint - they said ETA is this sunday that it's Veizon holding it up.
    its all about the money money yeah yeah !!!! money money yeah yeah !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Finally got the two to work together - will be done in a few hours.
    sweet ; chalk one up for you!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Sorry it is taking you so long. My port from Verizon only took a few minutes on launch day.
    I know when porting landlines from another carrier there is a mandatory wait period anywhere from 4 business days to 30 business days. cell phones im not so sure though.
    I ported from att to sprint a while ago.. I walked into a sprint store with my acct number and other info. aand I walked out no more than 20 mins with my new sprint phone..than it was a blackberry. And within 3 hours I was receiving everything on the blackberry and it was completely ported over...
    Every time I've done a Verizon port I tell people it could take the full 72 hours but it could be as little as 15 minutes. Verizon I've found is EXTREMELY inconsistent in theor porting. My friend's parents when we ported them over took 3 days becuse Verizon wouldn't release the numbers. VZ waited 24 hours before calling them to find out why they wanted to port out, and then after knowing there was no way to keep them they still took over a day to finish it. Thing is they weren't even particularly great with making on time payments, so it wasn't like they could be classified as some kind of "must have" customer.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    It took about a day for my number to port over from Verizon and it wasn't until I called CS that I found out that Verizon required some additional information before they would release the number. Since the Verizon account was my grandmother's, they were asking her verification questions... Once I called CS on the day after the port and gave the additional information, it only took about 20 minutes and I was up and running!!!!

---dcross9818
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I ported 3 lines over, one had to take a temporary number for 36 hours, and the other 2 had text issues receiving from Verizon and T-Mobile... It was painful but it's finally working. I got a $15 credit.
    When I ported from Verizon to Sprint it was maybe 10 minutes. Both companies were fine to deal with.
    I had one that took 20 minutes and the other one took 28 hrs. It had to do with mistyping information. Mine was submitted to port 3 times before they typed it right. then it took 20 minutes