1.    #1  
    Hadn't seen this posted here yet so...

Today J.D. Power released the results of its 2009 Wireless Retail Sales Satisfaction Study – Volume II. Sprint improved faster than any of the national wireless carriers, moved ahead of AT&T in the overall ranking and improved the scores in every portion of the survey from the Volume I study earlier this year.

Some highlights:
    • Sprint increased its overall score by 29 points from the study released spring 2009. This is the largest gain by any carrier in the Volume II study. And this is the third consecutive survey period Sprint has posted the largest gain by any carrier in the J.D. Power Retail Sales Satisfaction study.
    • Sprint had the highest score of all carriers in the “greeted when you first enter the store” category.

The overall difference between first and last place now is 29 points. The same amount that Sprint increased since the last survey.

2009 Wireless Retail Sales Satisfaction Study–Volume 2 | J.D. Power and Associates
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    How did the other carriers' scores change over the same duration where Sprint improved 29 points? (In other words, did all Scores rise, or did some other scores also fall?)

Since price and promotions is 27% of the score, hopefully Sprint will get an additional lift in the next survey.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I know that I for one have been very impressed with Sprint in recent times, so I hope they can get all the recognition for the great work they've done.
    T-mobile is the highest?
    Over the 10 past years I have seen Sprint with average good customer care/service and just bottom out to where if you call and ask to many questions or challenge them on wrong billing they just sent you a letter and dropped you. As of the past year or so they have done a 180 deg. shift and it seems they are even going overboard and have become more concerned about over contacting just to make sure all is ok.
    In the end I am glad they just care.
  6.    #6  
    T-mobile has been ranked the highest for quite a while.

Those customers who were dropped were costing Sprint a lot of money each month on customer care call costs. In the end it was determined that either the customer's needs weren't met and they were letting them go to find another carrier ETF-free, or that the customer simply was calling in so much that they weren't good for business financially and needed to be dropped. In many cases it seems it was customers on plans that were cheap or heavily discounted and they were constantly calling in for credits and free offers. Those customers ended costing Sprint a lot more in the call costs than they were making back from the plans.

You can think of it like a Leech. It keeps sucking you dry but you can't just fix it, it has to be removed entirely to stop.

Knowing what some customers we have come into the store, and some stories I've heard about calls into Care, I'm amazed at what some people think they deserve because they've paid their $30 bill every month for a year. [I]'m not saying all customers are like that, a very vast majority are not. But it's always the worst that people hear about. For customers you always hear the worst about Customer Care because that is when you are vocal about it. For us we only hear the stories about the worst customers because that is what makes a good story. It's kind of the way we work as a species, we thrive on this stuff. It's the same way, look at what the news reports. It's always about murders, missing people, political snafus, etc.. It's never about a miracle cure, or great arts project, or anything like that for very long.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    As of 9/1/09, the abuse of Account Services and the band-aid credits have ceased to exist. Sprint's stance is now similar to the other major carriers.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hah!! Amazing. I love Sprint. Even though I seem to be getting a lot of dropped calls lately..
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    doesn't really matter what JD power says if the public doesn't have the same perception.

Just look at GM and the malibu.

I was a long time sprint customer I never had any problems at all with customer service- never had a bad experience. I recall one time they even went out of their way to give me something that I didn't even know to ask for. I left for other reasons besides customer service- we were pretty much very happy but actually my company got a bit of work from one of the other major providers and they weren't happy we used sprint so we moved to keep our customer happy.

But still i remember when i told people i had sprint that so many people beleived that the customer service was the worst- even people who didn't ever use sprint. So the perception is much worse that the reality with sprint for whatever reason and they need to do something to change those perceptions.

if people are afraid to go into the store in the first place it doesn't matter if they actually have a great experience inside.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    It's a shame how Sprint is perceived. My family has been with Sprint for just about 15 years now and we have no plans of leaving anytime soon. I'll admit at one point I personally left and gave both Verizon and T-Mobile a try and was not please with the service on either or Verizon's customer service. Sprint has always done right by me including giving me a credit for a new phone after I had 10 replacement Moguls in a 6 month period.