1.    #1  
    I used to send texts to Canada all the time from Sprint without getting charged on my Treo 650; they were included with the 500 I had a month.

I just got my bill for this month and the six texts I sent have been charged at 20 cents each. Thank gods I haven't been texting Canada much lately; if this had been last year it would have cost me $20!

So what's the deal? Has anyone else started getting charged for texting Canada where they weren't before? Should I bother calling and *****ing about it or am I likely to have no recourse?

I have quite a few friends there. :P
    Canada should always have been considered international text messaging, which you should have been getting charged for. Probably they realized the system wasn't charging correctly for those messages and the glitch was fixed. There is no international text messaging plan, so calling in and complaining won't get you anywhere besides maybe getting a one time credit for this month (if the rep is nice).

Having a domestic texting plan does reduce the international text message charges though. Without a messaging plan int'l messages are $0.40/msg, with a text plan they are reduced to $0.20 usually.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    I have to agree halcyoncmdr. I would think text messages through any US carrier to Canada or Mexico would have an international charge.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

4.    #4  
    How irritating. It doesn't cost more to get bits across a political boundary. Why should texting there cost more?

Bleah. I guess I'll have to find alternate means.
    Different country, unless of course they annex us.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    How irritating. It doesn't cost more to get bits across a political boundary. Why should texting there cost more?

Bleah. I guess I'll have to find alternate means.
    Maybe there is something you can do with google voice? Just a thought.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's