Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Didnt' see anything about criket mentioned anywhere in the forums (I searched), but if I buy a Pre outright, can I get it to work on their network? It's CDMA based, and they have the reprogramming instructions for their phones on their network. Just not sure if it'll work on the Pre or not. Here is a link to instructinos for one phone, but they are all over the site.

mycricket.com/cricketphones/details/r560_rbt

Maybe there are other terms I should be searching with if this type of thing is discussed elsewhere? I'd appreciate pointers or anything.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by kancept View Post
    Didnt' see anything about criket mentioned anywhere in the forums (I searched), but if I buy a Pre outright, can I get it to work on their network? It's CDMA based, and they have the reprogramming instructions for their phones on their network. Just not sure if it'll work on the Pre or not. Here is a link to instructinos for one phone, but they are all over the site.

mycricket.com/cricketphones/details/r560_rbt

Maybe there are other terms I should be searching with if this type of thing is discussed elsewhere? I'd appreciate pointers or anything.

Thanks!
    I have written a network switch giuide and the pre will work on cricket, the only thing is they use a proxy based data solution, so you have to run your evdo connection through a proxy.
    Palm Pilot m100 --> Alltel Razr V3c --> Alltel HTC PPC6800(Mogul) --> Alltel HTC Touch Pro --> Alltel Rokr Z6M --> Alltel Palm Pre

Speed at 70Mph using MyTether using Alltel Hybrid Rev A
    http://i30.tinypic.com/2iu733d.jpg
    how exactly do you do that, adact?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzchic View Post
    Make sure you live in a location that is compatible with this. I can't quiet explain it, but my friend wasn't able to use the Pre when flashed over to CriKet in Maryland. All he got was roaming, and it was on Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shado.F View Post
    Make sure you live in a location that is compatible with this. I can't quiet explain it, but my friend wasn't able to use the Pre when flashed over to CriKet in Maryland. All he got was roaming, and it was on Verizon.
    You would have to make sure you are using the appropriate SID and the appropriate PRL. Should work anywhere Cricket has service.
    Palm Pilot m100 --> Alltel Razr V3c --> Alltel HTC PPC6800(Mogul) --> Alltel HTC Touch Pro --> Alltel Rokr Z6M --> Alltel Palm Pre

Quote Originally Posted by ranzchic View Post
    I know you can get voice and sms working for cricket, but I haven't figured out the proxy connection yet

i would like to ask can anyone tell me how to ssh into the phone ive been following the guide with so far no problem but i cannot ssh into the phone no matter what i try, i am using putty with the phone connected to the computer the wifi on and also i got my ip address with whats my ip yet i cant do anything

any help would be apreciated