Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    T-Mobile owner eyes multi-billion dollar bid for Sprint - Telegraph

News
    Deutsche Telekom Considering Sprint Nextel Bid
    Today, 1:00 PM by Eric M. Zeman

According to sources cited by the UK Telegraph, Deutsche Telekom -- parent to T-Mobile USA -- is seriously considering a bid for Sprint Nextel. The company has been examining the idea for a year, but the Telegraph's sources say that Deutsche Telekom has been making serious preparations to place a bid for about three months now. Sprint is valued at about $10.6 billion, and Deutsche Telekom would need to raise capital to make the purchase. If the purchase goes through, the Telegraph's sources indicate that Deutsche Telekom would likely merge Sprint Nextel with T-Mobile USA. Deutsche Telekom has been looking for ways to improve the financial performance of T-Mobile USA, and recently merged its UK and French operations. A combined T-Mobile USA / Sprint Nextel entity would come close to equaling AT&T's 78.2 million customers. Sources did not say how the technology differences between T-Mobile USA (GSM, LTE) and Sprint Nextel (CDMA, WiMAX) would be resolved. All the companies involved declined to comment for the Telegraph story.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Most likely it won't happen.Hessse better not.
    Last edited by Young HoV 718; 09/13/2009 at 05:30 PM.
    not!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    I'm thinking the regulators wont be happy about it...however sprint shareholders might...IDK just speculation really...

Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I think Sprint really just started getting it together.

Service - I think its great, only get better, WiMax in the future.
    Customer Service - They have made leaps and bounds and deserve some cudos for their effort on the cs side.
    Phones - They are going to have some sweet phones when the Pixie and Hero hit.
    Cost - The cheapest service by far for voice, data, and txt.

I think they should chillax and keep pushing great phones, ramping up their 4G network, and get some better commercials.
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    I think Sprint really just started getting it together.

Service - I think its great, only get better, WiMax in the future.
    Customer Service - They have made leaps and bounds and deserve some cudos for their effort on the cs side.
    Phones - They are going to have some sweet phones when the Pixie and Hero hit.
    Cost - The cheapest service by far for voice, data, and txt.

I think they should chillax and keep pushing great phones, ramping up their 4G network, and get some better commercials.
    I totally agree, though Sprint has always been nice to me (as far as customer service.) As cool as it would be, I don't think we'll see a merger like this for a while. Especially because the network incompatibility. On the other hand, Sprint and Nextel merged, and they are just as different as T-Mobile and Sprint are.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't know what to expect here. I guess that's just another thing to speculate about in the pre|central forums
    So according to this Engadget article: http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/13/deutsche-telekom-eyeing-sprint-nextel-for-acquisition/, Sprint might be receiving a buyout offer soon. I wonder what this will mean to us Pre Sprint users? I have the Everything plan, and if I recall, who ever buys out Sprint will still have to honor the plan until I cancel it.
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmerman272 View Post
    I totally agree, though Sprint has always been nice to me (as far as customer service.) As cool as it would be, I don't think we'll see a merger like this for a while. Especially because the network incompatibility. On the other hand, Sprint and Nextel merged, and they are just as different as T-Mobile and Sprint are.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't know what to expect here. I guess that's just another thing to speculate about in the pre|central forums
    With LTE around the corner, T-Mobile should probably save their money for that conversion.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

9.    #9  
    I just don't see the regulators giving the go ahead without them spinning off or divesting serious assets.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I just don't see the regulators giving the go ahead without them spinning off or divesting serious assets.
    This could be a great way to "divest" iDEN off, become lean - and compete against verizon again. Yet again two technologies were a nightmare for Sprint what would 5 look like (cdma,iden,wimax, gsm, lte)
    Doubt this happens but if it does i'd imagine they'd only have to honor it till your contract is up.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetdad View Post
    This could be a great way to "divest" iDEN off, become lean - and compete against verizon again. Yet again two technologies were a nightmare for Sprint what would 5 look like (cdma,iden,wimax, gsm, lte)
    That's a good point. If T-Mobile bought Sprint. I would think that they would drop the Wimax idea, but then trying to support CDMA, Iden, GSM & LTE seems like a bit too much.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    That's a good point. If T-Mobile bought Sprint. I would think that they would drop the Wimax idea, but then trying to support CDMA, Iden, GSM & LTE seems like a bit too much.
    Agreed. With the way Sprint has already been hot and cold on their relationship and ownership into clearwire and WiMax this could be a save face jump ship into LTE camp and create the national 4g marketplace we wanted with 3g as consumers. Think of it - all three major players (att,verizon,and now Tmobile/spint) on the same network with roaming abilities. It would take the coverage claim out and force a price/device/customer service war. I think it would be a great win win for customers.
  14.    #14  
    Dosen't sony erickson own a grip of the sprints CDMA towers now or something like that?

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Dosen't sony erickson own a grip of the sprints CDMA towers now or something like that?
    Sprint contracts day-to-day network operation to Ericsson : Boy Genius Report

correct they do the day to day runnings of the network. Sprint still owns them, they are just paying someone else to run them.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    I wonder what this will mean to us Pre Sprint users? I have the Everything plan, and if I recall, who ever buys out Sprint will still have to honor the plan until I cancel it.
    Verizon began its merger buyout with Alltel in June of 2008 and the only significant change to my wife's plan, who is an Alltel customer, has been the expansion of her free mobile to mobile calling family to over 80 million people. Speaking of which, Verizon should probably stop advertising they have America's largest mobile to mobile calling family now that Sprint has over 250 million in its family.
  17.    #17  
    maybe thats what the T is thinking....who wants to sign up to Sonymobility?

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    For me the biggest let down of the sprint nextel merger was that it looked like a train wreck from the customer point of view. It was obvious they had two networks running with two everything behind the scenes that crushed them. If this went down by q4 this year they could finalize and launch as a new company by q4 next year at the launch of lte as a unified network one company. That way the consumer perception is that it isn't another sprint nextel. It could position them as the value player in the market (both tmob and sprint have always been known for low asl/deposits) and could make a strong play against the other two. With how verizon merger was approved this isn't as far fetched as i thought it was a year ago when this rumor started.
    Please let this be a lie as T-mobile is the worst service of the four majors and would only bring down our(Sprint's) business acumen IMO.
    this just cant be iden cdma and gsm and wimax wont work
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast