Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Hi,

Just spoke with Sprint and it looks like Pick 3, before it really even took off is dead.

9:08:48 PM Customer Hyde
    I have another question too
    9:09:16 PM Customer Hyde
    I heard about Sprint having a Pick 3 or Pick 5, much like T-Mobile myFaves - How do I sign up for that feature?
    9:10:17 PM Agent Chantera
    This feature allows you to talk free to any wireless company, it will not take from your anytime minutes. It is automatically added to your account if you have the Everything Data plan, which you do have.
    9:10:35 PM Customer Hyde
    No that's not it
    9:10:51 PM Customer Hyde
    I thought you had something where you could pick a few numbers 3 or 5 and then you would have unlimited calling to those numbers
    9:11:17 PM Agent Chantera
    Sprint does not have the Pick 3 feature any longer. The Any Mobile, Any Time feature has taken its place. It allows you to speak to
    9:11:22 PM Agent Chantera
    'any'
    9:11:29 PM Customer Hyde
    Oh, ok.
    9:11:32 PM Agent Chantera
    wireless company, T-Mobile,
    9:11:37 PM Agent Chantera
    AT&T,
    9:11:38 PM Agent Chantera
    etc.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    the any mobile plan is better. just sayin'
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 93akkord View Post
    the any mobile plan is better. just sayin'
    I would agree, just figured I'd let people know the deal is done though.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    They've said that all along that the pick 3 is dead, because regular CS can't add it - only retentions can.
    Let's get some further concurrence before we go out on a limb here....

As wee all know, sometimes you have to call Sprint several times to disseminate the real answer. Perhaps you can't add it but if you do have it, it's grandfathered in? Let's see some more feedback.
    Just remember no old customer has unlimited mobile to any mobile until the beginning of your next billing cycle. Then it is automatic.
    The way it is now I would need 12 phones on our family plan to use up our air time. Sprint is really making it hard to use minutes
    Thats too bad Any mobile is nice but it doesn't apply to landlines!! If you use apps like Gdial for google voice, then those numbers are considered as land lines which means you endup using your minutes. I think Sprint was really sly with their any mobile implementation because it will prevent users without simply everthing plans from using the Pick 3 option for a google number because theoretically a user could then sign up for a very cheap minute plan and then use the google voice number to make unlimited calls...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    OK...but who really goes over their minutes anymore? With all the perks (especially on Sprint) I rarely hear about someone busting their minute plan..
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    OK...but who really goes over their minutes anymore? With all the perks (especially on Sprint) I rarely hear about someone busting their minute plan..
    I busted the hell out of mine when I first signed up with Sprint in July. I had the Everything Data plan that included 450 anytime minutes (which was stupid to get to begin with).. I ended up going $90 over. I had an awesome customer service rep though.. I called in to go ahead and upgrade to the Simply Everything plan and she cut the $90 down to only $35 since I was calling in to upgrade. I should've seen it coming as far as going over my minutes.. But I was completely careless. Oh well.. Sprint CS has been pretty great to me so far. A much larger improvement over the last time I had them (about 3 years ago).
    its not done ugh ! i did today but you have to go through retention as the regular CSR dont know jack about it
  12. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    I aske do "Account Services" and they gave it to me no questions asked.

xtn
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    just added it today (pick 3 w/ Google Voice so i didn't bother asking for pick 5) i called retentions directly and told them i wanted it. i didn't make up a i'll leave story or anything like that just flat out said "I'm calling to add pick 3 to my account."

guy asked me if they were landlines and i said yes and added my home landline a cousin's landline and google voice.

i'll call back when my bill post and see if i can get a recurring monthly credit to offset the $5 cost.
    Pick 3 isn't gone. It's only "gone" for people on Everything Data plans because reps have been instructed to ignore that since they offer the "any mobile" feature now (which of course doesn't help you with landline calls the way Pick 3/5 could) -- and you can still get it added if you try hard enough.

As far as who can put on Pick 3... Account Services ("Retentions") has always been the only people who could add that option.

No reason for all the FUD; webchat reps don't know jack.
    FWIW I am on an everything data plan and we called customer service on Sunday to ask about pick 3. The dude was very cool and said he could do one better and gave us pick 5 for free. He mentioned the "any mobile" plan but only as an additional benefit and as the reason for choosing only landlines to add to the pick 5.
    Pic 3 is not gone. You may not be able to add it now, but all who have it still will.