Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Guys I got DirecTV with the full NFL Season Pass and HBO but now I can't pay them. Is there anybody I can call to go on a payment plan and still keep my Tru Blood? I can't believe they won't give me longer than an extra month to pay, don't they know I could have gone with Dish Network???

Non sarcastic reply: Return the phones if you're within 30 days, cancel the account, go prepaid. If you're outside the 30 days, you can probably talk a Customer Care rep into waiving the ETF, canceling your account, and THEN putting you on a payment plan. Regardless, an unlimited data plan with a top of the line smartphone is a luxury and you're gonna have a hard time finding any sympathy begging to keep that luxury when you can't afford it.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Done......got a 3 month payoff from retentions, and an Airrave to boot. Sorry if I bothered anyone with my problems, but I just wanted some valid input from people I thought I could trust.

Cheers,
    Robert
    Glad top hear you got it worked out. To bad you had to wade through all the idiots here. Don't let it bother you. The world is full of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    Glad top hear you got it worked out. To bad you had to wade through all the idiots here. Don't let it bother you. The world is full of them.
    +1. People please, regardless of what you think the motives or issues were with the OP, sarcasm, rudeness and overall attitude do not help him or anyone else for that matter. Come on folks, pay it forward - assume the best and be constructive or STFU.

Flame away, but I am glad this worked out for the OP. This is obviously his first financial rodeo, and Sprint is in business to KEEP, RETAIN and grow their business. It is far from smart for them to alienate a good customer who has been loyal to them through all of THEIR hard times (bad service, bad customer service, buggy phones, etc.) - this is quid pro quo IMHO and the right thing for them to do so they do not lose a customer.

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeladisky View Post
    +1. People please, regardless of what you think the motives or issues were with the OP, sarcasm, rudeness and overall attitude do not help him or anyone else for that matter. Come on folks, pay it forward - assume the best and be constructive or STFU.

Flame away, but I am glad this worked out for the OP. This is obviously his first financial rodeo, and Sprint is in business to KEEP, RETAIN and grow their business. It is far from smart for them to alienate a good customer who has been loyal to them through all of THEIR hard times (bad service, bad customer service, buggy phones, etc.) - this is quid pro quo IMHO and the right thing for them to do so they do not lose a customer.

Lee
    Plus one here to. I'm glad Sprint worked with you. Everyone else, you have no idea what the circumstances are with the OP and unless you have walked a mile in his/her shoes, you have no right to judge. Sometimes life happens fast and you do what you can to deal with it. We should be a community here which means support each other, not judge what you don't know about. Ever heard the saying, s!&* happens...well it happened to him and I'm sure he paniced, wouldn't you in that situation?
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    This reminds me of the time a guy on the Mercedes Benz forum had his CLS63 AMG repo'd and he needed to come up with $11k to get it out of auction. He had fallen behind on 3 months of payments, so he posted a thread asking for donations...and people actually gave him money! LOL

He ended up getting his car out and apparently paid back everyone who helped him, but it turns out that the car was a LEASE! He doesn't get to keep it anyway!
  6.    #66  
    Thank you Lee and Ms. Kady and all the others who posted nicely. I do want to make it clear that while I thought about asking for donations (and why the heck not) I never truly would have let it get that far. Most of you who have read my posts know that I am not a bad guy, just got put in a bad situation.
    I make good money where I work and until a few months ago had over 5000 in savings. That got depleted quickly with my stepsons medical bills. I would like to know who actually has a Pre and a plan, and still has enough saved up to last them for more than a month let alone 6 months like Suzie "buy my books to show you how to save money" Orman.
    The whole point here is that I asked for help with ideas and instead on a lot of the posts got ridiculed.
    HOW DARE YOU BUY PRES ON A COMBINED 6 FIGURE SALARY AND THEN NOT BE ABLE TO AFFORD THEM WHEN THE BILL COMES IN BECAUSE YOUR WIFE LOST HER JOB!!!
    I however will not be so snide and cynical to my fellow community members here. Even those who were scummy with their responses. I will continue to help others in need out because isn't that what we are all about here at Pre Central? For some of you , that answer is all too sadly.....NO.
    What is with people who think they're entitled to something. You paid your bill monthly, in turn Sprint gave you phone service monthly. When you signed up you agreed it was an even trade. Hence, nobody owes anybody anything.

Get a track phone or better yet a $12/month land line. It's nobody else's responsiblity to "assist" you to live beyond your means.
    I will continue to help others in need out because isn't that what we are all about here at Pre Central? For some of you , that answer is all too sadly.....NO.
    Just don't give out financial advise.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Sell the Pre on ebay or CL and use that money to pay your Sprint bill.

Sprint does not run a revolving account program so if you do need revolving credit then you would be best to use a CC, personal loan, or secured line of credit if one is available to you.

If you have good credit (and it sounds like you do as you said this has never happened to you before) then you can easily get a new CC if you need one or do not have one. Most CC applications for people with good credit are processed and you have cards in hand in under 2 weeks.

Past the return time on them, or else I would do it. I told them I would send them 400 extra on top of my bill for the next 3 cycles, but that's not good enough for them. Its not about not having the money ever....just not all at once. And I have never (and proudly I might add), never had a credit card, always paid cash and on time, and still have pretty good credit.
  10.    #70  
    So now we're back to attacks? That's mature. I was doing fine financially thank you, but was thrown a curveball. One time in 10 years is not a lot to ask for a little leeway. And like another poster stated, I stuck with them through all their trials and tribulation...so why not? It' not that I feel entitled to get something for nothing. Not that it matters now because I actually got a human with emotions that understood my problem and went above and beyond to solve it.
    So now we're back to attacks? That's mature. I was doing fine financially thank you, but was thrown a curveball. One time in 10 years is not a lot to ask for a little leeway. And like another poster stated, I stuck with them through all their trials and tribulation...so why not? It' not that I feel entitled to get something for nothing. Not that it matters now because I actually got a human with emotions that understood my problem and went above and beyond to solve it.

No attack here dude, but honestly, if you couldn't afford the deal after your wife lost her job, then you probably couldn't afford it before she lost her job.
    I think this is an important point. In order to live within your means you actually have to live BELOW your means in good times so the bad times won't kill you.

When times are good you build your reserves so when times are bad you can tap them. Personally, I think the average American family making a good living should target to have between 9-18 months of cash (or very liquid) assets available should their income stop. Depending on how much a family can 'cut back' when times are hard this could mean between 6-18 months of take home pay.

Hard to do? You bet! But, it is a **** of a lot easier than telling your kids you can't afford to buy them some shoes or a coat, or whatever. And it is far better than messing up your credit for 7+ years because you can't pay last month's bills.

IMO.

I would like to know who ... still has enough saved up to last them for more than a month let alone 6 months ...
    I would like to know who actually has a Pre and a plan, and still has enough saved up to last them for more than a month let alone 6 months
    Me. In fact, I never go into a purchase unless I can pay for it, comfortably, for at least 6 months without a job. This includes my car payment, insurance payments and my mortgage payment.
    HOW DARE YOU BUY PRES ON A COMBINED 6 FIGURE SALARY AND THEN NOT BE ABLE TO AFFORD THEM WHEN THE BILL COMES IN BECAUSE YOUR WIFE LOST HER JOB!!!
    You bought them and didn't return them when you found out your wife lost her job, in your words, a few days later. You could have prevented this entire thing but decided not too because you didn't want to lose what you couldn't afford.

Though, what the heck are you buying on a combined 6 figure salary that would keep you from putting more money in your savings than just 5 grand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Me. In fact, I never go into a purchase unless I can pay for it, comfortably, for at least 6 months without a job. This includes my car payment, insurance payments and my mortgage payment.
    You bought them and didn't return them when you found out your wife lost her job, in your words, a few days later. You could have prevented this entire thing but decided not too because you didn't want to lose what you couldn't afford.

Though, what the heck are you buying on a combined 6 figure salary that would keep you from putting more money in your savings than just 5 grand?
    I think its kind of obvious he's making some of this stuff up as he goes.

Surprised this thread hasn't been nuked yet..
  15.    #75  
    I forgot just how stupid I am and smart you are. I sincerely hope that you find pleasure in kicking a fellow human when he is down. Have fun with that, but in the meantime screw you for judging me.
  16.    #76  
    Cardfan, who is making things up?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thank you Lee and Ms. Kady and all the others who posted nicely. I do want to make it clear that while I thought about asking for donations (and why the heck not) I never truly would have let it get that far. Most of you who have read my posts know that I am not a bad guy, just got put in a bad situation.
    I make good money where I work and until a few months ago had over 5000 in savings. That got depleted quickly with my stepsons medical bills. I would like to know who actually has a Pre and a plan, and still has enough saved up to last them for more than a month let alone 6 months like Suzie "buy my books to show you how to save money" Orman.
    The whole point here is that I asked for help with ideas and instead on a lot of the posts got ridiculed.
    I however will not be so snide and cynical to my fellow community members here. Even those who were scummy with their responses. I will continue to help others in need out because isn't that what we are all about here at Pre Central? For some of you , that answer is all too sadly.....NO.
    Call different sprint reps, work on your wifes resume, hit up friends, family. These forum reactions seem fairly standard as is sprints position on the issue. Buying a $500+ phone may seem normal to you, but for others it may seem like something extreme only to be done when their finances are rock solid. Best of luck with the job.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I forgot just how stupid I am and smart you are. I sincerely hope that you find pleasure in kicking a fellow human when he is down. Have fun with that, but in the meantime screw you for judging me.
    You kind of brought it on yourself when you got hypersensitive when people told you to save your money.

And then when you started telling people to screw themselves.

I don't feel bad for you. You're one of those people who thinks he's entitled to everything. When something goes bad, it's always someone else's fault. When you can't pay your phone bill, it's Sprint's fault for trying to charge you.

Good luck in life.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Powerbyte, dont take offense to this, but you are coming across as extremly naive. First of all bringing up donations in your original post implies that you were open to the idea so any diggs you get about it are not without merit my friend. That being said; I find it insulting and ridiculous that a person with "a combined six figure income" would feel justified asking complete strangers to help them pay their bills. I know I'm not alone in stating that I work too hard for my money to simply throw it at some random guy who cant pay for two top of the line smart phones. To go even further out on the limb, I have serious doubts that you are even in the situation you've presented. You certainly don't act as though you are a man with the stated attributes. It's situations exactly like this that have contributed to the current state of our country. People have a sense of entitlement when all they've really done is but a bunch of things they really dont NEED. My advice; as a learning experience go to google and search for the word "need" after reading, return to said page and then enter "want". Hopefully this will get you on the right track.
    Did you confirm that Sprint will/will not report your account as past-due (or on a payment/payoff agreement plan) on your credit report?

Done......got a 3 month payoff from retentions, and an Airrave to boot. Sorry if I bothered anyone with my problems, but I just wanted some valid input from people I thought I could trust.

Cheers,
    Robert
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast