Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Past the return time on them, or else I would do it. I told them I would send them 400 extra on top of my bill for the next 3 cycles, but that's not good enough for them. Its not about not having the money ever....just not all at once. And I have never (and proudly I might add), never had a credit card, always paid cash and on time, and still have pretty good credit.
    Again, no judgment. Sure things are tough enough as they are.

But you can't afford this phone at full price. That was true even if nothing happened with your wife's job.

With that in mind, sell the handsets on Ebay ASAP. The resale value on Craiglist (at least here in Atlanta) is ****.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Go to the marketplace forum. Sell your Pre's.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    At the risk of sounding logical, everyone and their dog has a sad story when they can't pay their bills.

They've given you an additional 30 days to pay, which is reasonable.

After that, if you can't pay for it, you can't pay for it. I don't think they owe you anything.

If you need a cell phone to take care of your son, look into one of the pay as you go plans like cricket. That way, you'll only pay as you can afford it.

You'll just have to live within your means until your wife gets another job.
    Others have pointed out the obvious, that even if you can't take back the Pre's you can sell them for enough to easily cover the bulk of the cost. It may not be what you want to do, but when times get tough, you have to find ways to live within your means. And having 2 Pre's w/ 2 Anything Data plans is not critical. Sell the Pre's, get 2 basic phones on 2 basic calling plans, and hopefully your wife will get back on her feet soon and you can re-evaluate what you can afford at that point.
    Past the return time on them, or else I would do it. I told them I would send them 400 extra on top of my bill for the next 3 cycles, but that's not good enough for them. Its not about not having the money ever....just not all at once. And I have never (and proudly I might add), never had a credit card, always paid cash and on time, and still have pretty good credit.
    Your fault for going past the 30 day window knowing you couldn't afford them.

The comment about even thinking of asking for donations tops the rest of your BS.

Such as being proud for paying bills on time and having good credit. If this is true, you'd know what to do.
  6.    #26  
    That was only meant with levity, not sincerity. But now hmmmmmm.....wait a minute.....I could have said I am developing an app, and needed donations to make it worth my time, OR I could just have had a donation link in my signature for help that I provided posters. That would have been scummy though....I just spoke the truth. If I WANTED DONANTIONS I WOULD HAVE ASKED FOR DONATIONS. BTW bipoler, brilliant job saying that someone losing a job and having a disabled son is the funniest thing you've heard today.
    Again, why did you buy these phones at full price?
  8.    #28  
    So glad to know that scum like cardfan and bipoler are here to support us all!
  9.    #29  
    One was full price, the other was rebated.
    And I have never (and proudly I might add), never had a credit card, always paid cash and on time, and still have pretty good credit.
    First, there's nothing wrong with having credit cards. Hell, I have five that I use routinely, and I _make_ money on them (pay 'em off every month and get some nice reward incentives).

Second, there's also nothing wrong with paying some interest in a pinch. In fact, if you ask Sprint to carry your bill over three months, that's exactly what you're asking _them_ to do: pay interest (or, lose interest that they could be making). Nobody--and I repeat, nobody--can use someone else's money without someone paying (or losing) interest on it. Even if you borrow it from a friend or family member, they're foregoing interest that they could be making by keeping it in the bank.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Well, brother, there's a first time for everything, and now might be the time. Get a credit card with a decent limit, pay Sprint with it, pay off the card as you can, and cancel it. Done.

Your preference to not use credit cards, while admirable, shouldn't get in the way of paying your bills.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    So glad to know that scum like cardfan and bipoler are here to support us all!
    They really could have said it better, but their points are valid.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I'm another curious why you paid full price. Also, how are you out of the return period if you billed them to your account? Guess it's confusing because they don't wait longer than 30 days to bill, do they?

Agree with others, sell the phones and scrape together the rest of the funds to pay your bill. You must have old Sprint phones to put on your account, right?
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    i would have to agree with jbg7474 your just gonna have to step on your pride for a little bit. and take it like a man.. everyone goes through hard times you just have to shape around it.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    There are thousands of charities that NEED donations... Why on earth would ANYONE be willing to help out someone who believes they NEED two or three pre's as a means of communication and suddenly can't pay their bill. Sell the pres and get a prepaid piece of crap for now. Shame on you for even thinking about asking for donations to keep ur pres.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    One was full price, the other was rebated.
    the math doesn't add up...
  17.    #37  
    Okay enough of this back and forth drivvle....the reason I put this out there is for REAL help. My payment plan is far from unreasonable. They would still charge me late fees. That's fine. Does anyone have the retentions number?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    That was only meant with levity, not sincerity. But now hmmmmmm.....wait a minute.....I could have said I am developing an app, and needed donations to make it worth my time, OR I could just have had a donation link in my signature for help that I provided posters. That would have been scummy though....I just spoke the truth. If I WANTED DONANTIONS I WOULD HAVE ASKED FOR DONATIONS. BTW bipoler, brilliant job saying that someone losing a job and having a disabled son is the funniest thing you've heard today.
    But you're not developing an app so there is no ROI in it for us...

Sell the phones and buy them again when you are able. I hope things work out for you and your family.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    just call CS and ask them to transfer you
  20.    #40  
    Bdog76.....IF I wanted donations I would have asked for them.......
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast