1.    #1  
    Where you at ATT and Verizon???? Good job Sprint!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    It's a good lineup, but Sprint still has too many barriers to people buying these phones:

1) Mail-in rebate. Not everyone will get them from BestBuy, and as iPhone has shown, people care about low out-of-pocket costs rather than saving on a value-laden monthly plan.
    2) No viable upgrade path for people who have low price, grandfathered shared plans and only need the unlimited data for these hot phones on ONE line.
    3) Crappy launches with not enough stock available (e.g. BB Tour, Pre)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    In all likelihood, the Pixi comes out in November-December. The Pre will probably no longer be exclusive by January, and the Pixi will probably be exclusive for a couple months after that. So it's probably not as huge on the Palm side as it might seem.

That being said, Sprint really is doing a great job of getting timed exclusivity for a lot of great phones recently, but honestly up until the iPhone on AT&T, most of the best phones were on Sprint anyway. Verizon was always notoriously behind on getting phones, and AT&T had mostly Blackberries. For anything else, it was Sprint.
    take away iPhone from AT&T and they don't have much imo... Verizon's lineup is laughable if you want anything other then a Blackberry... Tmobile is well Tmobile and once the Hero comes out on Sprint will be left behind with the "last years" Android devices. Sprint will have the best lineup of phone when all these hit the market, and if ever in a million years ended up with iPhone as well and they would be your go to for tech hungry phone users.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    It's a good lineup, but Sprint still has too many barriers to people buying these phones:

1) Mail-in rebate. Not everyone will get them from BestBuy, and as iPhone has shown, people care about low out-of-pocket costs rather than saving on a value-laden monthly plan.
    2) No viable upgrade path for people who have low price, grandfathered shared plans and only need the unlimited data for these hot phones on ONE line.
    3) Crappy launches with not enough stock available (e.g. BB Tour, Pre)
    Agree... too many "games" at sprint. Have an old or special plan? Screw you!

#3 I don't though... I've not seen the launches as being all that crappy... I thought the pre went okay... Not great, but okay.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I tried Sprint a year ago... and ended up going back to ATT. Not for any other reason than that they didn't any phones I particularly liked. The big announcement of the Pre had me very interested... but I just couldn't hold out until then and went back to ATT and the iPhone. Switched back to Sprint for the Pre, and couldn't be happier... although now with the Hero coming out... I'm faced with something I never expected with Sprint, a difficult phone decision!

If you couldn't tell, I'm ADD... and it also manifests itself in my inability to stick with any one cellphone for long!
    Don't forget the new Anymobile plan!

I'm not a shill, just excited.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    The new CEO did kinda take them into the cooler phone direction. But they (sprint) are still losing customers left and right because of idiots in the billing department.

Do you know how many times I wanted to smash my phone not because of anything the phone did but because of them? A billion and six times...