1.    #1  
    Same idea as the Sprint post. The only difference is I work for Bell and not Sprint. And I work at one of the repair outlets that's a corperate Bell store so I know the return policies for the Pre. Again, please no "Can you give me X amount of credit?" or "You guys overcharged me for X feature i want you to fix it". Just hear to answer constructive questions.
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I demand proof that you are a Bell rep.

I declare that I am a Palm rep. Ask my any question you want
  3.    #3  
    You can ask anyone in chat. I know only things a Bell rep does about the Palm Pre and our repair and trade in policies.
    i got one here.... the location service on my pre stoppe working since yesterday....
    Did bell disabled this service?
    one of my friends with a touch pro on bell had the same situation...
    Does a loose (mushy as it is called on these forums) power button the pre constitute a replacement? I picked it up on the launch day and am concerned that it will gradually get worse to a point where the power button is unusable.
  6.    #6  
    It depends who you talk to, to be honest. I personally wouldn't classify it as a replacement until the button completely dies. But others might be a little bit more forgiving. Repairs like that and the yo-yo effect are on a person to person basis really. Usually if you're nice they'll do it.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by chancekang View Post
    i got one here.... the location service on my pre stoppe working since yesterday....
    Did bell disabled this service?
    one of my friends with a touch pro on bell had the same situation...
    Nope. Try calling data support. 1-877-3282-123 and they will advise you on the troubleshooting steps and if the unit needs to be replaced. Call on a phone other than the one you need support with, obviously.
    Can someone advise us here on the Bell network why we are not able to get the 1.2.1 update and if they ever intend on pushung it through? Hopefully this won't end up being a blame game where Bell blames Palm and vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertq View Post
    Can someone advise us here on the Bell network why we are not able to get the 1.2.1 update and if they ever intend on pushung it through? Hopefully this won't end up being a blame game where Bell blames Palm and vice versa.
    Agreed on this one, I like to get the 1.2.1 if its not going to be available to Canadians, I would like to know why.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Here is a question. By the time I get a pre (Feb - May depending) will there be paid apps available for download? Or are Canadians screwed once again?

Also, My contract ends in May but was told to come back in Feb to get a pre for the sticker price. Any truth to this?
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    got the 1.2.1 update no paid apps though.. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee splat

to be fair though, i am only looking for a few apps. docs to go, google latitude, a good agenda, and frankly full sync with laptop. while i agree the cloud looks to be the future, i am hesitant, if the damn net goes down for any reason i want to be able to at least call my clients to say why im bloody late..... the rest to me is just fluff for me. I can see the music and so on, i seldom play games.. so like i said. I am only interested in what this phone can do for me in business.
    Just got my Palm Pre less than two weeks ago, and love it! But...

No signal at my house!

I was a previous Rogers customer (this is my first Bell phone), and my Blackberry used to get a strong signal from my house with Rogers. But the Pre with Bell is constantly "searching" - If it does manage to get a signal, its one bar and it won't hold it for longer than 30seconds before searching again.

The coverage map for my area is great according to their website. But right now I cannot make/or receive phone calls or emails, and no data, which is really frustrating. It doesn't seem to be the phone, as it works perfectly fine from my work!
    same problem here along lake ont.. we bounce across the lake to NY and we end up with large bills as a result.
    PALM has you covered here....as a there is always a copy of your information on your phone. They have to do it this way or every time you were some place without cell service you wouldn't be able to accsess your information.

Doing away with desktop sync and having it all happen in the background is very liberating.

Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    while i agree the cloud looks to be the future, i am hesitant, if the damn net goes down for any reason i want to be able to at least call my clients to say why im bloody late.....
    I keep getting this message:

"Your phone could not establish a data connection . Call Bell Mobility for help (104)"

Or I get one that says 129 instead.

Anyone else get them too?
    Im waiting for a callback from Bell.
    I currently have 24 minutes of use on my phone and plan to return the device due to excessive oreo effect.

What's the best way to go about getting a replacement? Should I go to a store or just call Bell?

Also, does the 1 year Palm and 30 day bell warrantly start over once I get a replacement?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    When are we going to see the paid apps version of the app store in Canada?
    Only question I have is Why can't you kiss hookers?? 99.8% of them won't allow it.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    My question is, can Bell come back and charge me for data used for tethering with my laptop?

I am on an unlimited data plan but basically it says somewhere unlimited is not unlimited and they have the right to charge you some ridiculous amount of money for going over the 'unlimited' data use.
    Quote Originally Posted by gsr519 View Post
    My question is, can Bell come back and charge me for data used for tethering with my laptop?

I am on an unlimited data plan but basically it says somewhere unlimited is not unlimited and they have the right to charge you some ridiculous amount of money for going over the 'unlimited' data use.
    the unlimited data feature is only truly unlimited for 'on-device' data. tethering is extra. (though i'm unsure as to whether the pre is able to spoof the network into not recognizing tethered use like a blackberry can when running tetherberry.)

ps i'm also a rep at a corporate store and can answer bell specific questions too.