1.    #1  
    Here is my situation I would really like to get a Pre, and from the rumors around it may or may not come to VzW and/or if so in it's truest form.

My situation is this:

1. I'm the lead member on a two line 550 minute family plan.

2. My line consists of my Storm (which I don't hate btw), and Razor on the 2nd line for my mother.

3. The main line contract ends in December 2010, 2nd line end is April 2010.

4. I don't want to pay a huge ETF for both lines. Which if I understand correctly if I cancel both lines now I'll have to pay an ETF for each. However, since the contact ends on the 2nd line in April I was thinking about moving my mother to my number (contract is linked to number). I could either wait till April to pay no ETF or cancel a little earlier then pay a smaller ETF. It would be nice if I could make her number the main, and then port my number to Sprint. It seems though I either can port her number, or get a new one from Sprint. For me it would better to get a new number for myself since my contacts would be easier to transfer than her's.

5. So I can move her phone to the main number? I don't know if there would be issues w/ the added data, and such w/ the contract. I don't see why it would since I've switched phones before w/o any issue but never a smart phone. Also what would this do to the family plan? Would it still be in effect w/ only one line? Would I have to select a new plan which in effect could possibly put her line in a new contract? I don't mind her being on VzW for another year since most of our family is on VzW.

I hope this all makes sense, and greatly appreciate any responses.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    you can speak with a rep to do an assumption of liability and split the family plan into two individual plans while still retaining contract end date, numbers etc.
    Go to a corp store and tell them you would like to leave vzw for sprint but the etf is holding you back, they may offer to pay it, they did for me :-)

I was moving two lines as well though both were to the pre
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Read your contacts very carefully and review your bills for any change in billing.

Basically, if you had a change in tax rate and absolutely no notification you may be able to cancel with paying ETF. I have not personally tried this, but a change in your rates without notification is a normal exit clause in Sprint Contracts. Don't accept no nor cancel your contract until you have a Rep that agrees that a tax change without notification allows you to cancel without ETF. Be aware you might also lose your numbers though.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clack View Post
    Read your contacts very carefully and review your bills for any change in billing.

Basically, if you had a change in tax rate and absolutely no notification you may be able to cancel with paying ETF. I have not personally tried this, but a change in your rates without notification is a normal exit clause in Sprint Contracts. Don't accept no nor cancel your contract until you have a Rep that agrees that a tax change without notification allows you to cancel without ETF. Be aware you might also lose your numbers though.
    he's not on sprint, that's the network he wants to switch to.

let me expand on my previous post though.
    I suggested you split the family plan so you can take over the line set to term in december. once that month rolls by, you can look at your options and see which devices are coming to verizon q1 of 2010.

worst comes to worst, you can subscribe with sprint and try the pre for 30 days and if verizon happens to make an announcement that excites...hey, as long as yer in the return window more power to you.

by april when your mother's contract comes to term, you should already have made your choice and can bring her line under yours again.
  6.    #6  
    Thank you for all the replies, I really appreciate it. Guess it now comes down to visiting both stores (funny thing is AT&T, Alltel, VzW, are on the same street, and the Sprint store is just around the corner).