Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Apologies for the double post. I posted this in the Dev forum as it seemed a more likely place to get a response to this particular issue but no joy as of yet.

I have a Sprint Pre that I want to bring to Verizon. I've followed the instructions in this post to the letter (and then I've deviated as well to try different solutions):

I've tried it on a Windows 7 64 bit box and 2 XP machines (32 bit). I've also connected it up to OS X. I suspect it's the pre that's dropping the connection as I get a similar response under OS X.

So, everything goes splendidly in terms of gaining command line access to the Pre. I can browse the directories... cd, ls, etc. no problem. If I look in the device manager under Windows the Pre shows up as Palm Novacom with the appropriate icon. Once you've logged in as root the instructions are to issue the command:

mpt d userial

After issuing the command the program should return:

Pass-through enabled for Diag

This is where things go horribly wrong. On both OS X and in Windows I get no response back. If I watch the Device manager I notice that it refreshes. I get the audible alerts indicating a disconnection of a USB device and then another alert indicating a new connection. So somewhere along the line, something is pulling the plug and then reconnecting. At that point Windows says "found new hardware" but of course it fails to find any drivers. If I manually point it to the novacom folder with the drivers in it, it still says it can't find the appropriate drivers.

This is driving me nuts!!!!

I have searched high and low for a solution but obviously I haven't found it yet. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers, Joe
    Hey guys. I was going to download the custom ROM from here, but... the link is broken. Any luck? Thanks. And how would you guys do a simple flash, just bypass the phone's activation screen, then put it in developer mode, then flash it in CDMA workshop? Thanks guys!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123