Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Edit: Doh.. What he ^^^ just said
  2.    #22  
    Hey everyone, for some reason over at Mobile-Files my network guide has disappeared. So I will be updating this guide for 1.4 sometime this weekend or the next. Stay tuned for an update. I have a lot of experience getting the Sprint Pre to other networks, however it may be a bit tougher to get the Palm Pre Plus on another network.
    Palm Pilot m100 --> Alltel Razr V3c --> Alltel HTC PPC6800(Mogul) --> Alltel HTC Touch Pro --> Alltel Rokr Z6M --> Alltel Palm Pre

Speed at 70Mph using MyTether using Alltel Hybrid Rev A
    http://i30.tinypic.com/2iu733d.jpg
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adactuslatem View Post
    Hey everyone, for some reason over at Mobile-Files my network guide has disappeared. So I will be updating this guide for 1.4 sometime this weekend or the next. Stay tuned for an update. I have a lot of experience getting the Sprint Pre to other networks, however it may be a bit tougher to get the Palm Pre Plus on another network.
    M-F seems down everywhere; I forgot to copy and paste the guide that they had on there (m-f.us) for getting proxy connection to work before the site got shut down, so I am currently SOL on getting my Palm Pre Plus working on Cricket.

I look forward to any info you have to help me get my Palm Pre Plus working on Cricket; preferably by mid-next week, as I will be visiting San Diego (and setting up Cricket lines) then.

Thanks for your work in providing this info.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Any progress/success on getting the VZW Pre Plus onto Sprint?
    anyone know where i can find the qualcomm com port drivers that are mentioned in the guide? A link would be highly appreciated!!!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    is this what you need? I haven't tried it. But I found this in another forum

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Hi everyone, could someone that has a working pre do me a huge favor and let me know what the memory reads at each of the locations listed in the poke section on the first post? I made a huge mistake when my ESN/MEID wouldn't write, and went to the memory viewer and zeroed out the whole line of each line instead of just the push statements given. It let me write the esn/meid after that but now it messed up a bunch of other things, including my msl and it won't even let me boot into webos unless I run the developer activation bypass tool. Thanks a bunch
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    there is a pre guide posted on my site cdmagurus.com enjoy
    Does anyone know why trying to read NV on a Pre w/Sprint 1.4.1.1 with "requestnvitemread ds_mip_ss_user_prof" returns only the TX Diag and not the RX codes? TX prints out fine but then get an error when trying to read RX!

23:03:37.777mn_aaa_shared_secret[12] = 0x00
    23:03:37.778mn_aaa_shared_secret[13] = 0x00
    23:03:37.778mn_aaa_shared_secret[14] = 0x00
    23:03:37.778mn_aaa_shared_secret[15] = 0x00
    23:03:37.778DIAG RX item:
    23:03:37.778requestnvitemread - Error response received from target

Trying to get my shared secrets to enable full rate data!
    Palm Pre
    Modded by myself to run on Cricket
    So far I have done as follows
    1. re flash to quinrays 1.0.3 rom
    2. installed patty and python
    3. ran upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart and entered dev mode
    4. rooted to the unit and this is where I experience issues
    I type "mpt d userial" it repeats the cmd in the next line down
    you cn hear an audible indicating a device connect/disconnect (windows 7) however QXDIM dies not see any devices ...devmgr shows generic serial ams some RCAS somthing under other devices....

I try to ##USB someting# but it is not recognized either to enable the pass thru mode....

What exactling have I done wrong?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by evertec View Post
    Hi everyone, could someone that has a working pre do me a huge favor and let me know what the memory reads at each of the locations listed in the poke section on the first post? I made a huge mistake when my ESN/MEID wouldn't write, and went to the memory viewer and zeroed out the whole line of each line instead of just the push statements given. It let me write the esn/meid after that but now it messed up a bunch of other things, including my msl and it won't even let me boot into webos unless I run the developer activation bypass tool. Thanks a bunch
    NOOB here but how did you rewrite the ESN to the phone.
    IS There a guide
    I'm having the same problem as jklong. Everything is up and running except EVDO and qxdm is giving me that same error trying to read my shared secret keys. Any advice would be very appreciated, Thanks!
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jklong03 View Post
    Does anyone know why trying to read NV on a Pre w/Sprint 1.4.1.1 with "requestnvitemread ds_mip_ss_user_prof" returns only the TX Diag and not the RX codes? TX prints out fine but then get an error when trying to read RX!

23:03:37.777mn_aaa_shared_secret[12] = 0x00
    23:03:37.778mn_aaa_shared_secret[13] = 0x00
    23:03:37.778mn_aaa_shared_secret[14] = 0x00
    23:03:37.778mn_aaa_shared_secret[15] = 0x00
    23:03:37.778DIAG RX item:
    23:03:37.778requestnvitemread - Error response received from target

Trying to get my shared secrets to enable full rate data!
    You need to downgrade your modem firmware. I was running 1.4.5 and downgraded AMSS to version 90 and was able to read the secret keys. Now I have full EVDO on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    For some reason I keep getting a parse error in /opt/etc/sudoers when trying to run the command "sudo su -" in PuTTY. I have followed the guide step by step. What could it be?!
    The links are dead
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Any update to Palm Pre Plus to Sprint?
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Hi adactuslatem, Were you able to upload your guide for me*d or e*n repair/change for 1.4 somewhere yet ?
    Most guides use qpst/qxdm/unicdma etc. I have purchased CDMA Workshop 3.6 and want to know how to use that for pre. Its supposed to be simpler but i can't find instructions anywhere ! I actually need to change it over to e*n for somedays and maybe revert to me*d again later after few months.

Could you please help by posting/mailing something.

Thanks.
    Hello, I am new here..
    I have a Palm Pre (I got on sprint the day they came out) and the sprint account has been canceled long ago, I now live where there is only alltel service, I really would like to put my pre to use here, so I did some research and found this thread.
    And I am finding that most of the links are not working :'(
    currently trying to download the "xxRake.treo8 WebOSDoctor rom" and can not find it... any help?
    To set custom settings in profile 1, first choose option 64(set active
    PDP) and then enter 1 for the profile. This tells the phone to use
    profile 1 instead of 0. Then select option 41 (CDMA menu), and from
    there choose 223 (set OMA-DM nodes). You will see this:
    Enter a Choice: 223

....COMMAND: "SetOmaDmNodes"

Enter the node to be written
    0 - ./cdma/3gpd/profile1/authalgoaaa
    1 - ./cdma/3gpd/profile1/authalha
    2 - ./cdma/3gpd/profile1/mobileipaddress
    3 - ./cdma/3gpd/profile1/nai
    4 - ./cdma/3gpd/profile1/prihaip
    5 - ./cdma/3gpd/profile1/reversetunneling
    6 - ./cdma/3gpd/profile1/sechaip
    7 - ./cdma/3gpd/profile1/spiaaa
    8 - ./cdma/3gpd/profile1/spiha
    9 - ./cdma/3gpd/profile1/passwordaaa
    10 - ./cdma/3gpd/profile1/passwordha
    11 - ./cdma/nam
    12 - ./cdma/nam/cdmanam

lol ... i Need to know what to put in for all these numbers for metro pcs!!! Thanks in advance!!! Im so stuck right now!!! Im using qinray 1.0.3 rom!!!!!!!
    Hi there,
    I've been trying to switch carrier from Sprint to my local operator.
    I've did bypassing activation with the tools from developer site...then rooting and injecting PRL for my operator...after that I have obtain the akey mdn min etc from my operator.
    But the problem is my Pre is keep searching signal...after bypassing it can get signal with text International on it, but after I did write the new PRL it cannot get any signal, I've tried to write other PRL still the same.
    What might be the problem? Need help here?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast