1.    #1  
    I have a question that a google search could not answer - If I have ann account with three lines on it, could I remove a device from or more of those lines and still keep the line open?

In reality - I have a line with a phone on it that I dont like anymore and I want to port the number over to another carrier (my works carrier) but I want to sell the device and not worry about a bad esn - how can I do that? I will pay the early termination fee - I just don't want any extra delay.
    if you pay the early termination fee there should be no problem. I had a family plan with att than 4 years ago I went to sprint and had them port my # over and in turn sprint cancelled my att line for me and on the att bill they charged me the early term. Fee and there were no problems.
    A line must have a device on it.

If you port the number over to another carrier it will automatically cancel that line of service, meaning if yo are under contract, an ETF, but the device would then be free and clean.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Slightly different question, but I was considering buying a Pre sometime soon and then waiting to see what hte news was with the Hero. If the Hero is released after the 30 day return window, would I be able to return the Pre, go without a phone for a week and then get the Hero?
    There always has to be a device active on a phone number. If you return the Pre within 30 days the line will automatically be deactivated.
    Kevin
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pcorrado View Post
    I have a question that a google search could not answer - If I have ann account with three lines on it, could I remove a device from or more of those lines and still keep the line open?

In reality - I have a line with a phone on it that I dont like anymore and I want to port the number over to another carrier (my works carrier) but I want to sell the device and not worry about a bad esn - how can I do that? I will pay the early termination fee - I just don't want any extra delay.
    I just signed up with Number Park and Forwarding Service, Including Number Port - NumberGarage. It's $30 for the first month and $10/month there after for 200mins to call forward. No contract and you can port out at any time. I am parking a cell number while waiting for Google Voice to allow port ins.

Otherwise try the terms virtual PBX or phone number housing for services that will allow you to keep your number independant of carrier.
    Last edited by Clack; 09/03/2009 at 01:00 PM.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    You can call your local phone company and cancel house lines and keep the number by telling them you want to put the line on "vacation". They will charge you like $5 a month to keep the number. Wireless carriers could do the same thing, but it looks like they don't want to for some reason.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    You can call your local phone company and cancel house lines and keep the number by telling them you want to put the line on "vacation". They will charge you like $5 a month to keep the number. Wireless carriers could do the same thing, but it looks like they don't want to for some reason.
    Sprint has a standby plan for vacation use or seasonal users who travel between countries for 6 months each, etc., but the system requires a device to be on the line, you can't just have a number alone. The seasonal plan is limited to 6 months at a time, extends your contract by however many months it is on the plan, and costs $5.95/mo.
    Kevin