Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I got a call from Sprint today asking how things were going with my service and if I had any problems. Then the rep told me that I'm now eligible for $150 off a phone if I add a new line even though I've only been with Sprint for 8 months. Anyone ever heard of this happening? I thought I had to be with them longer before I could get any kind of discount on a phone even if it's just an additional line.
    Last edited by PikkonX; 08/13/2009 at 11:40 PM.
    Yeah, they do that after 6-8 months. Ask them for a service discount, etc. They are trying to get you to have a family plan because they earn more that way.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Ah ok, gotcha. Is it strictly $150 off or is there a chance I could get a phone for the nationally advertised price? Such as a Pre for $199? Thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by PikkonX View Post
    Ah ok, gotcha. Is it strictly $150 off or is there a chance I could get a phone for the nationally advertised price? Such as a Pre for $199? Thanks for the help.
    New lines get the nationally advertised pricing, $150 + Instant Overlays + Mail-In Rebates.

Eligible upgrades (22+ months, or 12+ primary line for Premier Customers) also get that same advertised pricing.

Don't understand why all over the internet people don't seem to understand it and it doesn't click. Nothing against you personally at all, just a blanket statement since I've responded to countless posts about this exact question over the years.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)