1.    #1  
    25% off Sprint bill: $30 and some paperwork. Everyone can qualify.

The deal is that Sprint gives 25% off to Alliant Credit Union members. Anyone can join the credit union. If you're a member of your local PTA, you're already all set. If not, you can join the National PTA for $25/yr, and once you're a member of the credit union, you don't have to continue that membership. There's also a list of other organizations you can belong to or be an employee of to join Alliant. If you live or work in the Chicago area, that may be enough, too.

I did this all yesterday, got an email today from Sprint confirming I'll get 25% off my bill (doesn't apply to $7 total equipment protection.) Also doesn't apply for the Simply Everything plan. I'm on Everything Data 450.

Alliant looks like a pretty good credit union to be a member of, too: Alliant CU
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    hey bro is this true i heard different thing on this. If this is real can you help me step by step please. Really could save some money as being a full time college student
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by nunae76 View Post
    hey bro is this true i heard different thing on this. If this is real can you help me step by step please. Really could save some money as being a full time college student
    It worked for me, just followed the instructions in the post at Fatwallet.

Signed up for the National PTA for $25. Then signed up for an Alliant savings account. Then called Sprint, told them I was a member of Alliant and qualify for a 25% discount.

That was it, got an email the next day (today) confirming I would be getting the discount.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Can this be combined with other employee discounts?

Also, apprently the first post says on that thread, "Note: This does not work for the Unlimited Everything Plan.".
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Hmm. Not quite 25%, but Sprint gives a discount of 20% to public sector employees. I got one because my wife is a substitute teacher with the school district. Sprint is not very demanding about proof of employment.
    All credit union members can get a discount. All government employees as well.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Chiming in to say I did this and it worked well. They never asked for proof either. I just said i was at my bank yesterday and showed the clerk my new Pre (and talked about how awesome Sprint was to butter up the Sprint Rep.) and that the bank clerk said to check out the discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlasticJungle View Post
    All credit union members can get a discount. All government employees as well.
    Thanks for the heads up!! I work with a federal agency, so I called Sprint Customer Service today and my particular Dept. offers a 15% discount!

With credit card and student loan debt to take care of, this 15% will help alot. Very much appreciated for the info!!

BTW... I know that some on the forum here bash Sprint CS, but I have had nothing but extremely helpful account and technical service every time I have called (~5 times). Even when they end up not being able to do anything to rectify the problenm they explain what the next steps will be and call back with followups.

And they speak perfect English!! (cough unlike Dell cough).

Thank you Sprint! I have had Pay as you go and Verizon before and both of them sucked. Of course, I haven't had the apparently unpleasant experience of going into a Sprint store, like other forum memebers: I bought my Pre online.
    EDIT: I misread something. Nevermind.
    Last edited by caseyatbt; 08/19/2009 at 02:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aenima396 View Post
    Also, I have a Sprint Business Acount Rep that is doing a referral for NEW SPRINT CUSTOMERS ONLY that includes getting the Plam Pre for $1 (plus shipping). Is anyone interested?
    Will he do 2 Pre's?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    i was just told this discount was for credit union employees, not members..

No discount for me.. :-(
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Xtraspin:

Don't know who told you that, but I just got it yesterday (received confirmation e-mail today). It clearly states on the Alliant Promotion page that the discount for Alliant is for members (I included the URL in my chat session with CS yesterday). Don't give up!

Now, if you belong to a different credit union, ignore all the above and check with your credit union!

-Dan

NOTE: Can't post links yet. Here's a feeble attempt to get around this...
    www alliantpromos org /sprint/
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danok1 View Post
    Xtraspin:

Don't know who told you that, but I just got it yesterday (received confirmation e-mail today). It clearly states on the Alliant Promotion page that the discount for Alliant is for members (I included the URL in my chat session with CS yesterday). Don't give up!

Now, if you belong to a different credit union, ignore all the above and check with your credit union!

-Dan

NOTE: Can't post links yet. Here's a feeble attempt to get around this...
    www alliantpromos org /sprint/
    Well, I saw the alliant page. I called back. I got a guy who was willing to help. He stated there is actually 3 Alliant discounts in there system. Employees-25%, Members-10%, and then the 3rd discount which is listed as Alliant-25%.. He plugged me in for the 3rd discount code.

After that conversation, Sprint emails me this at 12noon:
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for participating in Sprint's discount program. You can expect to receive the discount within the next 60 days.

An additional email will be sent prior to your next bill providing you with additional information regarding your account. Should you have questions regarding your account please contact Customer Service by dialing *2 on your Sprint phone.

Thank you again for your participation in our discount program.

Thank you for contacting Sprint.

Then at 5pm, Sprint emails this to me:

Sprint has received your request to participate in the discount program
    through Alliant Credit Union. Currently, we are unable to activate the
    discount on your account because of a Sprint technical issue.

We have forwarded your request to the appropriate department for
    resolution. We will inform you once we receive an update on the issue.

Thank you for choosing Sprint!

So right now, I have no clue what is going on with my account discount..

Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by xtraspin View Post
    Well, I saw the alliant page. I called back. I got a guy who was willing to help. He stated there is actually 3 Alliant discounts in there system. Employees-25%, Members-10%, and then the 3rd discount which is listed as Alliant-25%.. He plugged me in for the 3rd discount code.

After that conversation, Sprint emails me this at 12noon:

Then at 5pm, Sprint emails this to me:

So right now, I have no clue what is going on with my account discount..

Eric
    That is normal, it should be applied within the next couple days.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    I cant post links yet, but the link from fatwallet.com sends you out of their website to to sprints site, it says that 10% is for nextel, and 25% is for sprint, and it says if you enter "SAVE50" as a promo code you get a $50 invoice as well. it says the discount is for members and employees.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    It looks like the Sprint discount has dropped to 10% for Alliant Credit Union. I can't post URLs yet, but here it is broken up.

www . alliantpromos . org / sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by kerriv View Post
    It looks like the Sprint discount has dropped to 10% for Alliant Credit Union. I can't post URLs yet, but here it is broken up.

www . alliantpromos . org / sprint
    wow, this sucks. i kept delaying on this, now its down to 10% .
    There is another "fly in the ointment" if you have an account that combines a Pre and older SERO or family plans. Because those plans aren't eligible for discounts, Sprint can't apply a discount to the Pre plan. Got to get the Pre on it's own account.
    NVP/EVP discounting is directly tied to how many lines are on the company account. If you were getting put on a separate credit union discount for Alliant Credit Union in particular any number of things could have happened. Their corporate account could have dropped the number of lines due to something like layoffs, that would in turn bring the discount down for everyone. The discounting department may have been tipped off to this thread and renegotiated the contract with Alliant putting real employees on the proper plan and putting everyone else onto the standard Credit Union Member discount, considering this entire thread is a way to get around the way the system is supposed to operate. I personally don't care about it that much, but who knows.

The standard "Credit Union Member" discount has and probably always will be 10%. So my guess is that if it dropped substantially it was probably switched over to the proper credit union member discount instead of the employee discount. Granted I haven't ever had anyone sign up with an Alliant CU discount so I'm not sure exactly how it is setup, so I am comparing to a dozen other credit union discounts and the rest of the discounts I have seen.

As for the discount on an account with SERO and a regular plan, it can be applied but the discounting would not apply to the SERO plan. Same with an account with Simply Everything or a Mobile Broadband card plan which also don't have discounting applied.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)