1.    #1  
    I just recently got a chance to play with my friends pre, and realized that my screen clicks forward and back; not the oreo effect but the screen 'clicks' as if it were a blackberry story if I tap anywhere but the direct middle of the screen. I thought this was somewhat normal until I got to see and play with another pre out in the wild.

I took it to a sprint store in northern VA (where my parents live), and was promised a complementary replacement shipped to my home in 2-3 business days to my billing address. I was rather pleased at this because instead of waiting 45 minutes like a verizon store, my problem was handled in maybe 10 minutes.

That was a week ago.

I called the store, and as it turns out, the replacement was returned to sender. They couldn't find my place. However, the bill got to my place just fine within the same week.

Took it to another store near my place (in richmond VA) and they want the deductible to replace the phone since I have the insurance policy on my phone. It's funny because when I was on verizon, I had my phone replaced 3 times with 2 different models without having to pay the deductible when it was clear that the hardware was a problem and not 'wear and tear' or my stupidity, ranging from bad headphone jacks to white spots on the screen.

But a clicky screen that is not the norm with the pre, I have to pay the deductible or get poor excuses.

Shame on you sprint!
    you dont have to pay the deductible cuz its nothing to do with your fault (aka physical or water damage) take it to a service and repair center. im also guessing that your past ur 30 days right?
    Your Favorite Pre totin Sprint Rep
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntingace View Post
    you dont have to pay the deductible cuz its nothing to do with your fault (aka physical or water damage) take it to a service and repair center. im also guessing that your past ur 30 days right?
    Yes, but it's been this way since I got the phone. One store agreed with me, but never sent the phone (I am guessing, since the bills get here fine) and the other wants the deductible.

Once the hacks to get the pre on verizon become solid enough for me to attempt (I know computers very well but am wary about bricking an otherwise good phone) I will be switching over.
    Did you manage to get a repair center to replace it under warranty? It kills me when dumb reps tell customers to make an insurance claim on warranty aka defects. I'm assuming since the 1st store agreed it was defective that it is indeed. These unnecessary insurance claims is one of the bigger contributing factors to the insurance company to raise the deducatable for smartphones. And also why the process to get a replacement is much more involved now. Reading on here about people having to wait days evern a week or more to get word they will get a replacement. But anyways I would refer to the person at the other store who initiated the replacement and try and resolve the delivery error.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    HAve you tried calling customer service? I had the loose battery problem and called customer support. they looked up my web order and sent me a new Pre UPS Next Day Air with a return package. They made me pay $199 as security until the Pre was returned. They credited my account $199 5 days later when the phone arrived back to Sprint. Yay for a new Pre and pre-paying my bills for the next 4 months.