Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zacarias View Post
    ETF's are becoming a thing of the past, basically.

I wish I could get my AT&T ETF back.
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    You dont have to have paid a termination fee to file a claim.
    True, but if you include yourself in the class you can't object to paying an ETF in the future. You should consider very carefully whether or not you want to be included in this class. Personally I've never paid an ETF to anyone so I most definitely don't want to sign away my right to sue to get a measly $35.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Is there a way to get out of paying a ETF? Has anyone here successfully done so? If so, please post tips!
    does this mean i can get out of my contract if i signed up before July 08?

Can i call sprint and tell them of this lawsuit so they dont charge me the ETF?
    Quote Originally Posted by most_wanted_187 View Post
    Can i call sprint and tell them of this lawsuit so they dont charge me the ETF?
    You can try but it didn't work for me. My mom's phone is on my account. She's moving to a location that has absolutely no Sprint coverage at all (when she looked at the phone in the house she's going to move to it registered 0 bars and no other carrier either). She's already picked up a phone from another carrier that does work in that house and didn't want me to have to pay the monthly charge for a phone that that she couldn't use. The contract on that phone is up the first of November of this year. I called Sprint and asked what the ETF was considering there was only a couple of months left on the contract. I was told $200. I mentioned the lawsuit and they said that only applied to contracts dated after January 2008 (at least I think that was the date they mentioned). I escalated to her supervisor then eventually to retentions and got the same response, $200 to cancel it early.

I decided to go ahead and pay the monthly charge as that was less expensive than the ETF.

YMMV but it didn't work for me.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12